Rimworld Map Error on Load

Started by LouisTBR, September 13, 2016, 03:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

When trying to load a colony that I have been working on for AGES,  a warning box popped up and told me that the map had an error while loading. This has never happened to me before, neither on this save nor on others. I am using Trading Spot mod, but this hasn't affected anything before. I looked at why the error log said and it was just missing lines that didn't link to map generation in the Core files. I haven't ever tinkered with these files, and it hasn't had this issue before. The reason for why the map isn't loading keeps changing, so on one attempt it says 'Error: Missing ***** on line ******, character **.' These lines and characters with then vary with each reload. Please help!
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

nccvoyager

Could you please provide your output_log file from the game directory?

LouisTBR

Here you go.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

nccvoyager

So, first of all (probably unrelated to the saved game not loading) you have a key binding conflict.  Key "Q" is bound to two different functions.

Second, what mod are you running?  The log file implies that there is a mod labelled "757603224" being loaded.

Third, are you attempting to load a game from Alpha 14 in Alpha 15?
If so, Alpha 14 colonies are not technically compatible with Alpha 15.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25240.msg258040#msg258040

If not, it appears that there is missing data in the save file.
This could be due to data loss from some interruption (like a power outage while saving) or a mod that is not working correctly.  (Or is missing.)

Deimos Rast

That number refers to the Steam ID for trading spot. Never seen anyone play with just one mod before, but whatever. ;D

'secondPawnData' is expected  Line 8609, position 11 is the exception you're getting. I would look in your save game file. Should be something you can open in notepad, although given the size of the file it might take a while to load. Back it up before you do so.
#StopPluginAbuse