Animal training

Started by Marsell4k, September 13, 2016, 07:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsell4k

Am I right in thinking that the number in an animals training section relates to progression in that area and they won't start doing it until it's complete?

Reason I ask is I've trained up a dog to 4/6 rescue and he won't rescue any of my downed colonists after they all got wiped out by an angry herd of deer.  Lol.

Jinxi

Quote from: Marsell4k on September 13, 2016, 07:58:36 AM
Am I right in thinking that the number in an animals training section relates to progression in that area and they won't start doing it until it's complete?

You are right. :) In that case you need 2 more points to finish the training, after that the dog is able to rescue.

SpaceDorf

But obidience is the only requisite training.

You can select the other three independent of each other.
You don't have to train release or rescue to train hauling.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Serenity

Somewhat related: is there is a downside to train several things at the same time? I know there is a time limit to how often you can make a training attempt. So does that apply to any training or can you try to train let's say hauling and then rescuing right away?

Except for obedience I've only been training one thing at a time to be sure

Madman666

Training several things at once just queues them up. If you have rescue and haul assigned to train - you won't get haul trained until you trained rescue or cancelled it. Your guy gets several attempts to train a day, maybe its tied to animal hunger rate, I can't really say.

Marsell4k

"You are right. :) In that case you need 2 more points to finish the training, after that the dog is able to rescue."

Thank you.  :)