increased organ hit chance

Started by jeffus, September 13, 2016, 11:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffus

Id like a mod that makes combat a bit more brutal by way of organs being hit more (which would cause more bleeding/pain and make having organs on standby more useful than just selling them). I tried CR but didnt like the range guns had or the overcomplicated ammo system.

If someone could point me in the right direction or tell me what files I should edit and where they are Id be thankful

Facepunch

It'd probably be easier to modify CR. The ammo system is actually quite simple after you take a minute to learn what ammo goes with what gun. Use a loading bench to craft ammo, AP is armor piercing, self explanatory, FMJ is full metal jacket, the cross between AP and HP, which is hollow point, and good for unarmored targets. Adjusting the weapon's ranges should be simple, just find the .xml and play with the numbers. Same thing for hit chances, only theres a LOT more numbers to be buggered with if you want to modify hit chances.

Deimos Rast

Defs/Bodies
Bodies_Humanlike.xml
BodyParts_Organs.xml

In bodies_humanlike.xml you'll find the skeleton of the human. You're looking for <coverage> which the wiki defines as "Coverage determines the chance to hit this body part. It is dependent on which group the body part is part of, so, for example, you can't shoot someone in the toe and hit them in the brain." Edit to taste

In BodyParts_Organs.xml you'll find organ hitpoints and bleeding rate multipliers. Play with those.

Mess around in that folder and you should have a real gore-fest on your hands soon enough. ;D
#StopPluginAbuse

jeffus

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 14, 2016, 02:21:33 AM
Defs/Bodies
Bodies_Humanlike.xml
BodyParts_Organs.xml

In bodies_humanlike.xml you'll find the skeleton of the human. You're looking for <coverage> which the wiki defines as "Coverage determines the chance to hit this body part. It is dependent on which group the body part is part of, so, for example, you can't shoot someone in the toe and hit them in the brain." Edit to taste

In BodyParts_Organs.xml you'll find organ hitpoints and bleeding rate multipliers. Play with those.

Mess around in that folder and you should have a real gore-fest on your hands soon enough. ;D

Thanks!

edit:found how to make it its own mod so nvm bout that :P