[Request] Corpse Processing/Fertilizer

Started by SleepyFox, March 18, 2014, 05:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyFox

So we can butcher and devour our dead now, but why not turn the bodies of dead raiders into something beneficial? A friend of mine had the idea after we were discussing base design and I said I'd rather fight it out in the open of the colony because blood makes the taters grow (as opposed to a walled base.) So what if we could turn corpses into fertilizer to make crops grow faster/better or something?

Any ideas on how this could be done/implemented? I'm pretty sure plant growth stats are still difficult to access if at all currently, but maybe there could be a new type of farm object that accelerates growth (like hydroponic tables do) but you need a certain amount of the 'corpse powder' resource generated by grinding up bodies to build it? Like metal or stone for walls, etc.
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

Cala13er

I thought this was a preety sweet idea. Have added it to my industrial rim mod Beta v0.0.1.3. Which is the next update for the mod.

I will upload this update in the next 40-50 minutes so around 7:00pm if you're interested.

This is how I've made it so far.
First you get bodies stockpiled (of course)
On butchers table choose the human fertiliser option.
For every 1 body you make 7 fertiliser, wether this is to much or too little I'm not sure.
Use that to make human fertilised soil. Costs 1 per tile.
It has 2 times the fertiliser normal soil has :).

Let us know if you want anything adding or changing. :)