[1.4] Dingo's Mods (Mostly QoL)

Started by Dingo, September 14, 2016, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Dingo's Mods

This is an organized list of my mods. Feel free to leave feedback or share your experience using them.
Credits are at the bottom of this post. If I have violated your license / did not credit you, please let me know.
License for each mod can be found in the mod's GitHub repository.

Active Mods

All of the following mods are still maintained and developed.

Mod Name    Branch    Version    Updated    GitHub    Steam    Drive    Description*
No Forced Slowdown1.41.4.8329.122 OctTweaks the forced speed multiplier which triggers on some events.
Less Rebuff1.41.4.8329.122 OctUpdated version of KK's Less Rebuff.
Grenade Fix: Rearmed1.41.4.8329.122 OctInjects a minimum range to any weapon with an explosive projectile.
Persistent Float Menus1.41.4.8329.122 OctLets you move the mouse cursor farther from float menus before they close.
Do Not Disturb1.21.2.7528.12020Updated version of E's Do Not Disturb.

*For more detailed descriptions visit the mod pages on Steam or GitHub.

Mods Integrated as Vanilla Features

All of the following mods have been integrated into vanilla RimWorld.

Mod Name    GitHub    Steam    Description    Notes
Hand Me That BrickMakes Haulers deliver resources to blueprints and construction frames.Integrated in Beta 19
Cooks Can RefuelAllows cooks to refuel food production workstations.Integrated in Beta 19
Notifications ArchiverAdds the "Archive" tab. Logs notifications and lets you re-open them.Integrated in Beta 19 (in the History tab).
Refactored Work PrioritiesTweaks work priorities and expands Repair & Haul work types.Integrated in Beta 18 (mostly).
Deep Ore IdentifierUpdated version of See Deep Ores.Integrated in RimWorld v1.2.

Abandoned Mods

All of the following mods have been abandoned until further notice.

Mod Name    Branch    GitHub    Steam    Description
Hand Me That Brick LiteBeta 19Some bugfixes for hauling in RW 1.0. Deprecated following official 1.0 release.
DD Work TabBeta 18Redesigned RimWorld Work tab with a visual user interface.
Autoclose Event NotificationsBeta 18Automatically closes old notifications (fully configurable).

Credits:

Resources:    Marnador - RimWorld Font, KiameV - ModSync RW
Libraries:    pardeike - Harmony Patch Library, UnlimitedHugs - HugsLib
Code:    merthsoft, UnlimitedHugs, 1000101, Fluffy, Alistaire, MarvinKosh, Zhentar, erdelf, Syrus
Suggestions:    gatherer818, wwWraith, Qarisma, alexander_q
Translations:    vednic, like7900, kors, Lauri7x3, Proxyer, duduluu, Ɲơɴɑɱɛ, KapTaiN KaVerN, ekfkr9292, mm615657, 53N4, qux
Art:    kaisentlaia, mrofa, Freepik

Dingo

I have uploaded a new mod - Refactored Work Priorities. I didn't see any mod that does this much to work givers, let me know if I'm late to the party.

kaptain_kavern

Awesome, thx for sharing this new one.
It is something I do on my play, but never released as I only have made them prioritize stripping before hauling/burying. But this is more elaborated and I'm sure it will become another one of my inevitable mods ;-)

chappelkebabistan

Serenity

Looks interesting. That they try to bury corps before stripping is annoying me very much in my current game

Dingo

@chappelkebabistan: My personal-use list in my signature? You can see the little ticks and x marks to show if a mod has been updated.

@Serenity: Stripping behaviour is unchanged. They should strip before burying even in vanilla as long as you designate corpses to be stripped. This mod does not automatically designate that.

Dingo

I've released a tiny new mod that aims to compliment Refactored Work Priorities (it is completely standalone, though, and compatible with everything you can think of).
Hand Me That Brick allows haulers to deliver resources to unfinished frames or blueprints, speeding up construction projects.

Both constructors and haulers will be able to deliver resources, but only constructors will be able to finish the job.

EldVarg

Cool idea - Hand Me That Brick. They will fill the construction plan and not just lay the resource at a tile near it?
Now a way for pawns to give there active work to a (new) better suited (nearer) one :).

Would be nice to to split up some of the work priorities into more. Like smoothing floors.

Dingo

Smoothing floors is distinctly a construction job, though, at least that's how I see it. I made HMTB because a comment on Refactored Work Priorities requested it and after contemplating it made sense to me. Yes, they will actually fill the construction frame but never do the actual building if they aren't assigned to construction (so you still have great control over that part).

What is delivering resources if it isn't hauling? So it fits both categories neatly, might as well have both do it at different priorities. I can't think of any jobs that fit the same niche, but I haven't looked at the files since making it.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Dingo on October 07, 2016, 09:40:33 PM
Smoothing floors is distinctly a construction job, though, at least that's how I see it.
I agree. Smoothing floors is a substitute for building floors. You know, now I'm not even sure EldVarg meant to suggest it shouldn't b construction. "split up some of the work priorities into more" he says. I think he wants something like Fluffy's Work Tab. which is at A14. So he will have to settle for this lesser mod :P jk it's some great tweakin. I like "Hand Me That Brick", too. I'm a fan of your work sir.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

delheit

If I am understanding this combo correctly construction is going to be awesome if this is compatible with the quality building mod. Using the new hauler ability and also using the quality builder mod means:

I can set walls, door, floors, table and chairs to be built.

Haulers and all Constructors will begin carrying supplies such as wood.
As the constructors build the walls the haulers will keep carrying more wood to the needed areas but will not construct if it is set to lower priority. Until all supplies arrive then they can help build walls.

But both groups would leave the tables and chairs unbuilt except for those constructors who are skilled enough. Best of all this means that since the supplies have arrived the faster building constructors can keep on working.

Well I guess instead of typing about it I will go try it.

EldVarg

Sometimes I want one pawn (with low skills) to smooth floors, and other to do the building. And this is just en example. But floor construction and furniture construction and wall construction would be nice to have in 3 different priority settings.

Dingo

Quote from: delheit on October 08, 2016, 04:33:54 AM
If I am understanding this combo correctly construction is going to be awesome if this is compatible with the quality building mod. Using the new hauler ability and also using the quality builder mod means:

I can set walls, door, floors, table and chairs to be built.

Haulers and all Constructors will begin carrying supplies such as wood.
As the constructors build the walls the haulers will keep carrying more wood to the needed areas but will not construct if it is set to lower priority. Until all supplies arrive then they can help build walls.

But both groups would leave the tables and chairs unbuilt except for those constructors who are skilled enough. Best of all this means that since the supplies have arrived the faster building constructors can keep on working.

Well I guess instead of typing about it I will go try it.

That is an unexpected synergy, but you're 100% correct.

Sefiriot

Hey. I like what you're doing with the Reasonable Lamps mod, but I'm using Vegetable Garden, which does also modify vanilla sun lamps: hence it would overwrite your mod, since I tend to put it fairly low in the load order. Would you kindly consider working with dismar to make a compatibility patch between the two, since the materials and time to make costs for the additional small and mini sun lamps from VG would need bringing in line for users of this mod as well? Thanks!

rdz1122

This is fantastic; I hated waiting for my builders to complete a roof until nothing else was left.  Great mod!