[1.4] Dingo's Mods (Mostly QoL)

Started by Dingo, September 14, 2016, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Reasonable Lamps was made when I was really new to modding, I don't know if I'll be improving it unless I have some more ideas. I don't like how big Veg Garden is, too much fuss IMO.. if you want RL to override it just place it under Veg Garden in the load order and you'll have the lamp/sunlamp changes.

I've been playing around with a new colony using Hand Me That Brick and I gotta say I'm so thankful to the person who suggested it on Steam. It might be the single most profound, super simple change to my colony outside of the usual must-haves like Crafting Hysteresis / Achtung. I strongly recommend it! (Shameless self-indulgence)

TrueDestroyer

Hand Me That Brick is amazing! I'd go even as far as to say that it should be a part of vanilla game in the future:)

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

hiepbg

For Refactored Work Priorities mod, can you make "detruction items" a bit more priority ? When i build a security complex, then destroy wrong walls i build, no colonist does it. I have to waited a long time.

Thanks,

Dingo

I made construction more important than deconstruction for a reason (that's probably the biggest change in RWP, the rest is minor other than corpse prioritisation). If you want deconstruction to be more important than construction I suggest sticking to the base game's priorities.

mabor0shi

Quote from: hiepbg on October 10, 2016, 09:43:37 AM
For Refactored Work Priorities mod, can you make "detruction items" a bit more priority ? When i build a security complex, then destroy wrong walls i build, no colonist does it. I have to waited a long time.

sometimes, i want a pawn to deconstruct a wall and rebuild it nearby. goes much faster when they break down the old one first, then use the resources for the new 1. So, I just forbid(X) the new wall blueprints until they finish deconstructing the old wall. Having to do that is the insignificant downside to Refactored Work Priorities.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Dingo

I've updated Refactored Work Priorities:

*Doctor/Warden work types are no-longer changed because the change caused unwanted behaviour.

*Construction has been tweaked. Anything related to roofing is now top priority, followed by construction / resource delivery etc.

hiepbg

Thanks,

Can you improve "Repairing Items" ? Sometime one of my batteries is broken, but no one try to fix it. The same problem for everthing else.

Dingo

Fixing broken buildings is #1 in the repair queue. If nobody is trying to fix something like a battery, the most likely thing is you're missing components or materials.

hiepbg

Dingo

Small update: added another mod that enables cooks to use the "refuel" function that haulers use. It's prioritised after cooking meals & butchering, higher up than brewing so they don't abandon cooking entirely if they need to refuel.

kaptain_kavern

onebit

Hand me that brick seems to prioritize construction hauling over hauling food to stockpiles.

Dingo

That's right. Hauling food is considered part of "haul general" which is the same priority as hauling chunks, etc. Hauling isn't too fleshed out in terms of priorities in vanilla.

onebit

That makes sense. I'll try zoning to keep my food hauler focused. The extra workload of hauling bricks is too much for him.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Dingo on October 20, 2016, 03:43:55 AM
That's right. Hauling food is considered part of "haul general" which is the same priority as hauling chunks, etc. Hauling isn't too fleshed out in terms of priorities in vanilla.
Are you planning on fleshin it out, as part of this mod?
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!