[1.4] Dingo's Mods (Mostly QoL)

Started by Dingo, September 14, 2016, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

I've been noticing some weird behavior recently when replacing wood walls with stone walls. I'm not in the habit of doing this so I didn't notice it before now.

What I see is one of my constructionists will deconstruct 1 wall and move the wood out of the way. The deconstruction seems to take the appropriate amount of time. Then another colonist, with a stack of bricks, runs along the rest of the wall delivering bricks while instantly deconstructing the walls.

Am I right in thinking "Hand Me That Brick" is the culprit? On second thought I'm using Jamistec's JTReplaceWalls to replace the walls. The problem probably wouldn't happen without that mod. Is it possible to make your mod compatible with JTReplaceWalls? Or is this something Jamistec needs to address?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Dingo

Sounds like James used some hacky way to indicate the wall replacements. It'll have to be a specific fix so I can't say which one of us should change his code. Post the issue in JT's thread as well and I'll look into it if he doesn't fix it on his end.

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

wedekit

Hey just wanted to give a thumbs up for your set of mods! Hand Me That Brick, No Forced Slow Downs, and the Notification mods have greatly enhanced my QoL.

Rock5

I think "Hand me that brick" priorities are a bit wrong. Haulers should do their hauling jobs and constructors should do their constructing jobs. When the haulers finish their hauling they should give the constructors a hand by helping deliver their materials.

As it is now, I put off starting construction jobs if I have a lot of hauling to do which doesn't seem right. Or if I have a lot of construction jobs, no regular hauling gets done. I want to be able to start construction jobs without it affecting my haulers.

Am I right? Or am I the only one who sees it this way? Is if even possible to do?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Canute

Together with Worktab
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0
you can adjust the priortiy yourself ingame.
At last for the pawns, that don't count for animals/minions.

Rock5

Always loved the look of Worktabs but never used it. I guess I always thought it was too complex for my needs. I think it's time I gave it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Canute

Little guild
- open work
- switch to numeric priority, Icon top right.
- CTRL-leftclick on Haul, to expand the haul priority.
- search for Deliver to frame and Deliver to blueprint, lower these numbers (i think lower numbers was higher priority. If not just raise the number. )

Hint: don't use the icon to expand all priorities unless you own one of these ultra wide curved monitors :-)

Dingo

Progress update on Archiver for A18 (i.e. next release version):

Archive tab - https://i.imgur.com/Yg23eKf.png

-More options
-Better performance
-Different look
-Right click menu to delete stuff

Not pictured: tooltips and the Mod Options menu which currently only has "delete all archives".

Feedback is welcome!

Rock5

To use Hand Me That Brick with A18 just change WorkGivers element in WorkGivers.xml to Defs.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dingo

I uploaded A18 Archiver on GitHub if anybody wants to use it for Unstable (it's not in Releases though, you need to download master.zip).

Dingo

Hand Me That Brick for A18 unstable also available on GitHub. Go give the new search radius feature in the mod options a try and tell me if you like it!