[1.5] Dingo's Mods (Mostly QoL)

Started by Dingo, September 14, 2016, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Thanks for that.

I think I'm not so interested in a radius option that limits the work area as I am in making sure the hauling priority is right ie. haulers should do other hauling first before helping constructors with their work.

I just tested it and they still haul to construction frames before regular hauling. If you want it to work this way maybe you could add an option that allows the user to choose whether hauling to frames should be a higher or lower priority.

I just tried setting the <priorityInType> to 1. That worked but I wonder if that is too low. Are there some hauling jobs that should be a lower priority than hauling to frames? I guess what I want is for hauling to frames to be done just after regular hauling to stockpiles. Can you perhaps suggest a more sensible value?

Edit: Never mind about that last paragraph. I was able to find the hauling priorities and found that general hauling is 10 and the lowest priority. So any value less than 10 will have my haulers do all other hauling jobs before hauling to frames.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Dingo

Yes, setting priorityInType is what you want in that case. I'm still not convinced I should let users decide on it through mod options though. Advanced users can always edit the XML like you did.

Dingo

Beta 18 is here! And so are (most of) my mods, of course. Here is a consolidated changelog for everything:

Hand Me That Brick
- Changed to HugsLib dependency (install HugsLib and load it before this mod).

- XML has been updated to A18 structure.

- Added opportunistic hauling to mod options: you can choose how far haulers should look for blueprints and frames when they're deciding on a new job to do (based on their current location). Options are:
* Unrestricted (search the whole map).
* Close (within 15 tiles).
* Medium (within 45 tiles).
* Long (within 100 tiles).
Exact values are subject to change according to user feedback.

- Updated strings (will require new translations, otherwise they will display in English).

Cooks Can Refuel - No changes.

Notifications Archiver

- New look: prettier and more compact.

- Enable/disable active archiving (new option inside the tab window).

- Added a float menu when right clicking an archive:
* Pin archives (pin texture by freepik.com) to prevent them from ever getting deleted.
* Delete specific archives.
* Delete all archives older than a specific archive (unless they are pinned).

- Major performance improvements.

- New mod options menu (Options > Mod Settings).

- Updated preview image.

- XML has been updated to A18 structure.

- Many new and revised strings (old translations were deleted and will need to be updated).

Autoclose Event Notifications

- Mod Settings menu lets users choose from every Letter (notification) type in RimWorld. Includes modded types if they exist.

- Updated English strings for translations.

Grenade Fix: Rearmed
- Simplified code and compiled for RimWorld Beta 18.

No Forced Slowdown - No changes.

DD Work Tab
- Fixed a bug when non-colonist pawns gained skill experience.

-----

A note on Refactored Work Priorities:
To anybody wondering about this mod for Beta 18: I'm not sure about the future of it any more, sense I don't actively play the game at the moment. I think you need to be an active player in order to gauge balance and priorities to the extent of this mod, so I might break it down into some smaller stuff in the future.

tl;dr: No release for Beta 18 until I change my mind.

Kubouch

Hi Dingo,
it would be great if you include the HugsLib requirement somewhere visible on the front page. I just quickly downloaded the Notification Archiver and was greeted by errors. Then I read your last post and figured I should use the HugsLib. Having it on the front page would save some potentional hassle and false bug reports.

Looking forward to try the mod, looks great B-).

Dingo

Thanks, I coloured them with a note above the modlist.

Hadley

Where can I find Hand me That Brick A17? Steam fucked me over and for some reason that Addon updated to A18 before I made my Backup.

Canute

Cavinaar

R.I.P. Refactored Work Priorities...you will definitely be missed.  Love that the other mods got updated, though. :)

Dingo

Hand Me That Brick has been updated a couple of times:

v2.6.18:

- Fixed null reference exception when the game passed a null blueprint/frame.

v2.7.18:

Added mod-controlled job distribution instead of relying on vanilla RimWorld. This means that:

- Haulers won't try to cut plants or deconstruct things to haul. They'll only haul if the area is clear or if there's an item they can put aside.

- Haulers won't care about the skill level required to actually construct whatever they're hauling.

Canute

- Haulers won't try to cut plants or deconstruct things to haul.
I think at last they should cut plants if they are assigned to plant cutting.

Dingo

Quote from: Canute on November 22, 2017, 02:59:02 AMI think at last they should cut plants if they are assigned to plant cutting.

That's probably true. Noted.

Also uploaded a "new" mod, which is actually an updated version of See Deep Ores. I called my version Deep Ore Identifier to help distinguish the two.

silentdeth

Very sad to see refactored work priorities dropped. :'( It was such a huge convenience to have them automatically haul deteriorating things.

Dingo

Marvin has a mod for hauling things which deteriorate/rot. I think it's called Haul Perishables. Doesn't do exactly the same thing, he filters the item list more than I did, but it's similar.

PhantomFav

Here is the log of Vanilla + Hand me that Brick.

Every time I start a play with this mod, the debug log is continually on screen with red writes.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Dingo

Quote from: PhantomFav on December 02, 2017, 06:56:01 AM
Here is the log of Vanilla + Hand me that Brick.

Every time I start a play with this mod, the debug log is continually on screen with red writes.

You didn't install HugsLib. It's written everywhere as a requirement and is not optional.