[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Industrial Age - Objects and Furniture

Industrial Age - Objects and Furniture
Version: 1.19.0.1
Updated: 09-30-2018
Description: Added many new lightsources. Now uses latest JecsTools code so that most added furniture can be safely placed on top of tables or other surfaces.

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

just_a_random

Hi, amazing mods, but i can't seem to figure a way to restore sanity, in previus versions we had the writing table wich restored sanity but now i can only remove sanity loss through th go mad command

jecrell

Quote from: just_a_random on October 01, 2018, 11:04:01 AM
Hi, amazing mods, but i can't seem to figure a way to restore sanity, in previus versions we had the writing table wich restored sanity but now i can only remove sanity loss through th go mad command

Download RimWriter to get the typewriter. It has its own mod now. Bless

jecrell

Rim of Madness - Werewolves

Rim of Madness - Werewolves
Version: 1.19.0.2
Updated: 10-02-2018
Description: Fixes issue where graphics were not displaying properly for Werewolf transformations.

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon

Urubaen

hi, i'd download your mod update to b19 but i've a issue with industrial age (and apparently some of your other mod)

I've a lot of error with them and if a disable them completely i didn't have any error.

Here is my log

https://git.io/fxUlx

Canute

Urubaen,
when i looked at your mod, i notice you have made many installation error's.
QuoteMod About has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.19.2009</targetVersion>

Mod Assemblies has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.19.2009</targetVersion>

Mod Defs has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.19.2009</targetVersion>

Mod Languages has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.19.2009</targetVersion>

Mod Textures has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.19.2009</targetVersion>
Looks like you just copy the stuff from a mod zip-file into mods, without checking if there are a modfolder inside the zipfile.
Create a new folder with the name of mod (if you remember) and move the folders About,Assemblies,Defs,Languages,Textures into it. Or delete them.

Next time look first into the zipfile to check if there is a modfolder and not About,Defs,....

QuoteReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly GiddyUpCaravan:
Update giddyup Core and maybe Caravan, i think these error are from an older core version.

Quoterror while instantiating a mod of type PawnRules.Mod: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
check the installation or update (don't forget to delete the old folder before you copy the new version).
Normaly pawnrules shouldn't through an error on loading.

QuoteReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly ArkhamEstate:
ArkhamEstate, sounds like one of jecrell (horror) mods !?
I think there is an installation mistake too.

Urubaen

Hi and thanks for your answer

I have downloaded again all the mod you mention in your post, just in case.
I also se an update on industrial age and now it's seem to not send error in my log. Strange because the majority of the mod that i downloaded again had no update...

QuoteLooks like you just copy the stuff from a mod zip-file into mods, without checking if there are a modfolder inside the zipfile.
Create a new folder with the name of mod (if you remember) and move the folders About,Assemblies,Defs,Languages,Textures into it. Or delete them.

Next time look first into the zipfile to check if there is a modfolder and not About,Defs,....
It's strange beacuase i had see this error before sendong my message and i correctly modifie my mod folder so strange that this appear

jecrell

Call of Cthulhu - Cults

Call of Cthulhu - Cults
Version: 1.19.0.8
Updated: 10-02-2018
Description: Sets the proper dessicated corpses for guardians of Bast

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon

jecrell

Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic Horrors

Version: 1.19.0.3
Updated: 10-03-2018
Description: Cosmic horrors are no longer affected by sand in eyes and other terrain hediff effects

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon

jecrell

Call of Cthulhu - Cults

Call of Cthulhu - Cults
Version: 1.19.0.9
Description: Alcoves now properly overlay on top of walls from other mods. Cultist clothing now has reduced commonality.

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon

jecrell

Call of Cthulhu - Cults

Call of Cthulhu - Cults
Version: 1.19.0.10
Description: Black Goats and other creatures added by Cults should no longer appear for sale with traders.

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon

Version: 1.19.0.4
Description: Fixes tradeability problems with cosmic horrors. Disables trade tags for CHs as well.

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon

Sleeeper

Rightclicking on downed guest Vampire while I also have Star wars mods.
(Trying to do dialbery on it. After 1st failed attempt he vent rage and got downed by my pets eventually)
No menu appears:

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ProjectJedi.CompForceUser.get_ForceUserLevel () <0x00024>
at ProjectJedi.Building_ForceMeditationPad/<GetFloatMenuOptions>d__0.MoveNext () <0x00591>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders_Patch9 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x07a95>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch6 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x0030b>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.AddColonist (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x001ae>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.<.ctor>b__3_0 (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x00020>
at AchtungMod.Tools.Do<AchtungMod.Colonist> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,System.Action`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>) <0x00097>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x000d6>
at AchtungMod.Controller.MouseDown (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x00182>
at AchtungMod.Controller.HandleEvents () <0x000a6>
at AchtungMod.MainTabsRoot_HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch.Prefix () <0x00048>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch3 (object) <0x0001c>
at RimWorld.MainButtonsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts () <0x00029>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002a6>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Modlist (huge): http://hatebin.com/umrhrpsdpw

Dargaron

So, I think there were some unexpected interactions w/ the Beta 19 changes:

-The Mist Stalkers prevent construction of structures outside the base (they continually walk over the blueprints, and since they're programmed to constantly swarm humanlikes...). They also set off traps. Given that traps are now one-use items, this is actually expensive (as opposed to bothersome back when traps were multi-use). Since there's nothing actually *there*, shouldn't they have trap avoidance?

-Also, the Mist From Beyond doesn't seem to dampen fires, like regular fog. WaD?

-The Blood Moon debuff sounds like it's supposed to be applied to pawns who are outside during the Blood Moon, but I've had it affect my colonists while they're sleeping indoors, under a roof. How'd they see the moon?

Agouti

Some thoughts/observations/feedback
-Maddened Werewolfs won't breakdown walls in full doggo form (could be intentional).
-Transformed Werewolfs can still equip all clothing and weapons... not really an issue, just amusing
-Suggest considering using a hostile hungry predator style AI for Maddened Werewolfs in place of the current Manhunter for lore reasons, and emergent gameplay. To balance, maddened state perhaps could not end until they have eaten a few animals/people and fallen asleep or sunrise, and perhaps they should also only return to human (controllable) state at sunrise.  More interesting than running them a few tiles away or just locking them in a triple walled jail cell each time.
This would still make them easier, and they would still be OP, so perhaps Werewolf Fury should be mandatory on? Just a thought.
-Werewolfs could get a mood buff from Blood Moon, and perhaps get other benefits?
-Blood Moon could cause a maddened state for Vampires? They are pretty OP atm.
-Possible to remove Unhappy Nudity debuff for transformed Werewolves?

As an aside, do you currently have the ADS patch updates underway? I'm working on one slowly, but I won't bother if the real deal will be out soon. On the flipside, if you aren't, you can also feel free to copy whatever I do assuming it's up to scratch. Whatevs.

jecrell

Fellow Rim Dwellers, I trust you are having a spooktastic October?
I'm currently patching up some of the mods. Even if I don't get to respond to every question, I am actively writing them down and recording them into my todo list.

Quote from: Agouti on October 08, 2018, 09:23:29 AM
Some thoughts/observations/feedback
-Maddened Werewolfs won't breakdown walls in full doggo form (could be intentional).
I believe I made that intentional originally to prevent them from straight out murdering everyone in my colonies when I did gameplay tests.
Quote-Transformed Werewolfs can still equip all clothing and weapons... not really an issue, just amusing
This actually does seem to be an issue. What do you think about allowing the behavior but damaging the apparel slightly when trying to wield it in an oversized form?
Quote-Suggest considering using a hostile hungry predator style AI for Maddened Werewolfs in place of the current Manhunter for lore reasons, and emergent gameplay. To balance, maddened state perhaps could not end until they have eaten a few animals/people and fallen asleep or sunrise, and perhaps they should also only return to human (controllable) state at sunrise.  More interesting than running them a few tiles away or just locking them in a triple walled jail cell each time.
This would still make them easier, and they would still be OP, so perhaps Werewolf Fury should be mandatory on? Just a thought.
You're not the first person to recommend this behavior or gameplay. I think it's a fine variation and I'll consider it. I might even mix it up further with different kind of moon furies to make it more interesting.
Quote-Werewolfs could get a mood buff from Blood Moon, and perhaps get other benefits?
I have yet to actually connect the two mods in this way. I probably should do something soonish.
Quote-Blood Moon could cause a maddened state for Vampires? They are pretty OP atm.
Vampires are incredibly overpowered, indeed. The only counterbalance is to have some other threat to them... Long in development -- someday I will of course release vampire hunters.
Quote-Possible to remove Unhappy Nudity debuff for transformed Werewolves?
Definitely added to my todos.

QuoteAs an aside, do you currently have the ADS patch updates underway? I'm working on one slowly, but I won't bother if the real deal will be out soon. On the flipside, if you aren't, you can also feel free to copy whatever I do assuming it's up to scratch. Whatevs.
I'll save all of my patch work until 1.0 comes out and all my mods are working.

Quote from: Dargaron on October 07, 2018, 09:27:46 PM
So, I think there were some unexpected interactions w/ the Beta 19 changes:

-The Mist Stalkers prevent construction of structures outside the base (they continually walk over the blueprints, and since they're programmed to constantly swarm humanlikes...). They also set off traps. Given that traps are now one-use items, this is actually expensive (as opposed to bothersome back when traps were multi-use). Since there's nothing actually *there*, shouldn't they have trap avoidance?

-Also, the Mist From Beyond doesn't seem to dampen fires, like regular fog. WaD?

-The Blood Moon debuff sounds like it's supposed to be applied to pawns who are outside during the Blood Moon, but I've had it affect my colonists while they're sleeping indoors, under a roof. How'd they see the moon?

These reports are absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much for the reports and terribly sorry for the issues caused.

I'll get on top of fixing these various issues in the coming days.