[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Sanarr,
that msg. told me that you didn't install/unzip correct.
Looks like you put all the mod subfolder into mods instead to put them into a seperated mod folder.
Normaly the archive contain these folder.
.../Mods/modfolder/About/About.xml
Could you verify this ?

Sanarr

I've downloaded zip files from mod author patreon page and unzipped it into Mods folder of the game. So I've received data structure like:
Rimworld\Mods\JecsTools\many subfolders like JecsTools\About , JecsTools\Source, JecsTools\Defs,  etc.

I'm running Linux version, but WIndows version launched via Wine holds the same issue.

Canute

Sounds like you did it right.
But Jecstools is just a libary and not a Call of Cthulhu mod self. But it is nessesary for most of the mod's of these series.

A full log would maybe show more.
If you got hugslib installed use the Share Log button,
without hugslib check the link to locate the logfile.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Sanarr

Attached Log file .

Thanks for your support

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

I have no clue what's wrong.
The error msg. from jecstools and from the storyteller mod say you have the wrong filestructure.
But from your explains it should be all correct.

But when i look closer at the error msg.
Mod HP-Lovecraft-Storyteller-(RimWorld1.0Release)(1.20.0.0)(10-19-2018)....
This is the name of the downloaded archive. Inside the archive is a folder named
"HP-Lovecraft-Storyteller". So there is something wrong.
Same for jecstools.
Please check again that you unzip the archives, and don't keep the archives at the mods folder.

Edit: could you try to install a different mod and look if you got the same problems ?
Try hugslib, many other mod would need that anyway.
https://github.com/UnlimitedHugs/RimworldHugsLib/releases

Sanarr

Hugslib works fine. Same as for fishing mod . But still no good for Cthulhu mod. I've tried to re-download jesctools and Lovecraftian storyteller  mods from the gitnub and they worked. So.. Mystical things started even before installation of CoC mods ) Thanks for help!

pufis

hi. tell me plz how correctly should i install mods. i have some errors....i've unpacked mods in folder. then clicked in the game but can't generate map. plz with screens from unpacking till the game. i used earlier only some similar modes....they gone well

Canute

pufis,
maybe you should read the sticky of this forum
HELP: How to Install and Update All Types of Mods
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6223.0

Beathrus

Jo The Veteran

Any idea what's going on here, or a way to fix it? As shown in the pics I don't have a skill HUD for the 3 of the 4 of my ghouls in my colony.

The 4rth one I get this message. I guess that's a game mechanic because my vampire is thin-blooded, but any way to improve their status, and their ghouls in return?

Lascer

Been having trouble with the bone mod. I've tried redownloading it and re installing. I haven't seen the issues anywhere else, so it's got to be user error, but I've done the exact things I've done every other mod. Anyways, maybe someone else can pinpoint the error.

It halfway works. I can craft the bone related stuff, but the images for some are missing (pink X boxes in their place, for the bone throne and any resource on the ground). Bonecrete spawns as walls, but I can't seem to craft it anywhere (the 'refinery' it is supposedly crafted at is the biofuel refinery?).

So... installation error? I don't use the steam version, so I install manually. In most, I just unzip, and move the files to the mods folder appropriately. It seems to be correct, but obviously isn't. I can make bone ash at the crematorium. Was I supposed to do something special for this install? Order error maybe? I hate tracking those down.

jecrell

Call of Cthulhu - Elder Things

Call of Cthulhu - Elder Things
Version: 1.20.0.1
Updated: 01-18-2019
Description: Fixes the cooldown on the Elder Things' abilities

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Canute

Quote from: Lascer on January 18, 2019, 08:41:02 PM
So... installation error? I don't use the steam version, so I install manually. In most, I just unzip, and move the files to the mods folder appropriately. It seems to be correct, but obviously isn't. I can make bone ash at the crematorium. Was I supposed to do something special for this install? Order error maybe? I hate tracking those down.
Basicly you did it right.
When you manualy update a mod, delete the old modfolder first before you move/copy/unzip the new version to mods.

I just download the master from github, the ony
https://github.com/Rim-Of-Madness-Team/Rim-of-Madness---Bones
and i don't got any problems.
Bone Ash from Crematorium, Bonecrete from Biofuel Refinery.

Lascer

I've done that twice, with the same problem. I get a bunch of errors from it. The candelabra specifically seems to pop up errors all over, and I have no options at all to make that.

Moving it around in load order doesn't do anything.

It includes patches. I've not touched those. I honestly have no idea what to do with them. Perhaps the culprit? Obviously, I do have other mods at work.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Lascer

Whatever attempt this was, apparently it worked. I was downloading the wrong thing. The 'download' link on the first page links to the 'releases' page, which give you the DL for 2.1, not whatever master file is most recent. The github link is the correct one. Swear I tried that too though, but this time it worked. No more errors coming up from it, and the right recipes are appearing.