[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

Holy god man.  I'm going to remove that meat from the freezer and just leave their rotting carcasses in the wasteland.  I don't want any of my people going insane.  They have enough problems as is. :D

Canute

Don't worry about it.
So long they don't only eat strange meals you can use the buff you got from the meal for your colony.
Once my cook made enough standard meals for the colony, i let him made strange simple meals out of the strange meat. And sell it to the vendors.
Rotting the carcasses are a bad idea, because the pawns allways get a bad mood buff when they see any of these creatures.

mraadx

eyyy. do you have a wiki page on the monsters or the mod as a whole?
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

jecrell

Quote from: mraadx on November 16, 2016, 02:30:05 AM
eyyy. do you have a wiki page on the monsters or the mod as a whole?

I can't maintain one since I'm so busy making new things, but if someone is interested in making one, I would love to see it happen.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

caesius

sometimes the horror creatures got auto tamed (vanilla auto neutral animal taming event)
what the...

asquirrel

jecrell

Quote from: caesius on November 17, 2016, 02:02:27 PM
sometimes the horror creatures got auto tamed (vanilla auto neutral animal taming event)
what the...

If it's the Dark Young, that's fine in my opinion. In the cult pack, we're planning on creating a trans-dimensional gateway in the form of a tree portal that spawns dark young for the player to control.

Currently, the Cosmic Horrors don't check for if you're the same faction if I recall, so they'll still be causing insanity effects.

caesius

Quote from: jecrell on November 17, 2016, 07:36:49 PM
If it's the Dark Young, that's fine in my opinion. In the cult pack, we're planning on creating a trans-dimensional gateway in the form of a tree portal that spawns dark young for the player to control.

Currently, the Cosmic Horrors don't check for if you're the same faction if I recall, so they'll still be causing insanity effects.

oh, yes, it was dark young. and it also caused insanity effect too. good.

jecrell

The cults mod is coming...
Screenshot of the Day:

Teaser 1 - Forbidden Research Center
In-Game Description: A simplistic table covered in strange symbols, notes, and a tome of forbidden knowledge. Researchers work here to uncover forces beyond. Prolonged usage will result in sanity loss, yet the rewards will be worthwhile.

Concept Description: The forbidden research center (FRC) allows colonists to access the occult tech tree. Using the FRC results in increasing 'cult-mindedness' as well as applying sanity loss. Techs are very quick to research (max being 100 points) to accelerate a cult foundation for an early game.

mraadx

I just realized that the trench coat have better stats than parka but at a lower cost. maybe balance it a little bit. set the cold resistance to -30 or -20C
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

jecrell

Quote from: mraadx on December 02, 2016, 10:50:57 PM
I just realized that the trench coat have better stats than parka but at a lower cost. maybe balance it a little bit. set the cold resistance to -30 or -20C
Easily done. I'll put out an update. -20C sounds good to me.

jecrell

Teaser 2:

Darya's Planetfall Diary:

Day 3.

I'm surprised we're still alive. Two days we've struggled out here in the mud. The beds are barely holding together. Guerra went missing for a time during the morning hours and came back clutching a loathsome-looking book. Chuck reports he saw Guerra "looking strange" and rapidly scribbling unearthly symbols into the same book under some black tree with signs cut into the wood. (How? It's a leatherbound tome? Where did she even get it? How can Guerra scribe.... so many inked pages? Did she bind them together? No. Can't be. How can she bind them together when we've barely enough resources to survive another night? Hard to believe. I don't even want to think about that tree right now). Guerra said she had a blackout that morning, and can't remember anything (convenient). Inside the pages are lots of diagrams for what seems like old occult symbols and strange illustrations of robed figures and monstrous looking creatures (can't make out the language though...).

Chuck and Guerra are pressuring me to build them a table so they can study the thing. I told them to forget about it, because we've got to work on getting some kind of food storage ready. ...Despite my opinion, Chuck went and set up a table anyway. I feel like they're making a big mistake to focus on such nonsense, and in the back of my mind, I feel something deeply eerie about the whole thing.

How did we get that book? What do those strange symbols mean? The more I think about it, the better off I feel we would be without it.

jecrell

Teaser 3:

Darya's Planetfall Diary:

Day 6.

I simply cannot believe Guerra! She just ruined our main dining table after I had set up a simple desk across from mine for her in the main hall. I worked so hard on that. I'm SEETHING right now. Ugh!!

We're going to have to eat our meals on these tiny tables, because Guerra insists she needs that table for her "research." I keep telling her it's a waste of time to put trust in old superstitions, but both Chuck and her are convinced the book can help us. Yeah, help us fuel a fire with pulpy fuel as far as I'm concerned.

Chuck made an attempt at hunting this morning, and he came back limping. Twisted his ankle. Useless, the both of them.

Other than that, we've had a newcomer join the colony, Tammy. She and Guerra are spending all their time with that book. There is something off about Guerra. (It's her eyes. Human eyes don't look like

Day 7.

Gods... Guerra is dead, and I killed her.

She just went mad like some kind of animal. Tammy and Chuck don't trust me, and they're convinced I'm lying about the attack, and that I just wanted to kill her, because I was jealous of her "newfound special purpose." I'm having trouble keeping my heart steady. Every time they cast their gaze in my direction, I feel like alien eyes are probing me.

Canute

You are sure you doing the right job ?
Don't you think you should be a storywriter ? :-)

jecrell

Darya's Planetfall Diary

Day 10.

It feels good to be alone.

We spent days together, carving out a hallway into the mountain. The only reason, I believe I'm still alive, is that I feigned interest in their book. When they showed me what was inside, it shook me to my very core.

The horrible thing is that... I feel they're right. Have I gone mad?

Day 16.

FOOLS! We have started something grand here. Have they no sense? They WASTED that blood. We are chosen for great things, and the blood of beasts... their sacrifice... it can power our rituals.

The way must be opened, so that we may return to the seas of Father Dagon and Mother Hydra. I saw it in my dreams. The eyes of the Deep Ones upon us, watching us. The grand cities beneath the waves. Great Cthulhu on high. I SAW them I tell you! The horrible truth is that I am NOT mad. I now know reality clearer than others. WE know it. The new order has been growing with followers. We're SO close now. Riches, immortality, something more than the struggle for survival. All we need to do is follow the book. It tells us what to do.

I realize I haven't written my journal in ages, but you must know that we are not alone on this RimWorld. It is plagued by raiders, thieves, and tribals. These raiders, especially, are worthless monsters that pillage and kill whoever they like. Tammy's death was proof of that. Their blood will make us powerful. After the rituals of human sacrifice are understood, the way will be opened.

We have built the altar.
We must fashion the ritual attire.
We must research the proper rituals for human sacrifice.

Then we will be ready.

Long live the order.
Praise be to Father Dagon.