[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Quote from: Nanao-kun on December 10, 2016, 12:54:17 AM
I'm not entirely sure if the Cults thing is causing this, but I can't seem to interact with the cultist that joined my colony in certain ways, i.e. any right click options (such as arrest, no context menu appears), or treating them when injured. I don't remember if they could do it before I got her a psionic brain though. Attempting to interact with her gives a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" (below is snipped from the output log) error in the ingame debug log. She's also the preacher of the cult.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ImTheWorkerNow.ITWN.PostMenuOption (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Thing target, System.String title, System.Action action, MenuOptionPriority priority, System.Action mouseoverGuiAction, Verse.Thing revalidateClickTarget, Single extraPartWidth, System.Func`2 extraPartOnGUI, Verse.WorkTypeDef workType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ImTheWorkerNow.FloatMenuMakerMap_Detour.AddUndraftedOrders (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 opts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AchtungMod.FloatMenuMakerMap_Patch.FloatMenuMakerMap_ChoicesAtFor (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AchtungMod.Controller.MouseDown (Vector3 pos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AchtungMod.Controller.HandleEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AchtungMod.MainTabsRoot_Patch.MainTabsRoot_HandleLowPriorityShortcuts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRootMap.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Sorry my good man.

I cannot replicate this problem.

Based on your configuration, if I had a guess. It seems to be both AchtungMod and ImTheWorkerNow are having a conflict.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

So just as a quick update.

Cosmic Horrors 1.3 i is updated on the forums.
This update causes good cohesion with the Cults mod by ensuring that cosmic horrors that are on your side don't give you mood debuffs when they're nearby.

Happy Culting.

Admirer

Nanao-kun

Quote from: jecrell on December 10, 2016, 03:08:26 AM
Sorry my good man.

Based on your configuration, if I had a guess. It seems to be both AchtungMod and ImTheWorkerNow are having a conflict.

Alright, thanks for the response. Just found it odd because it works for all of my other colonists, just not the cultist that joined when she heard of my cult.

jecrell

Quote from: Nanao-kun on December 10, 2016, 12:50:33 PM
Quote from: jecrell on December 10, 2016, 03:08:26 AM
Sorry my good man.
***img removed for quoting***

Alright, thanks for the response. Just found it odd because it works for all of my other colonists, just not the cultist that joined when she heard of my cult.

It's quite odd, but as it's a mix of a few mods, I'm not sure what is to be done or how to go about fixing the issue. My apologies.

Quote from: Admirer on December 10, 2016, 08:51:20 AM
Thanks so much for the mod!

You're absolutely welcome.
If anyone's curious, also, the source code for each mod is included in the download.

jecrell

Updated:

Cults 1.0b, Cults 1.0c:
*Changed MP3s to OGGs to make them compatible with Mac OSX and Linux machines.
*Fixed issue with using plant abstract bases and ALL PLANTS having interaction spots (*facepalm*)
*Covered a null reference in transmogrify pets.

Cosmic Horrors 1.3j:
*Fixed issue with old locations leaving memories when no cosmic horror was present.

Industrial Age 1.0g:
*Changed the wood stove graphics.
*Made fridges only use 50 units of power.
*Changed all MP3 sounds to OGG (this might help Mac OSX/Linux users)

jecrell

Updated

Cults 1.0d
*Fixed a bug in animal sacrifice code.

jecrell

Updated:

Cults V1.0e
*Lowered social fight chance (bloodlusted pawns were getting into far too many fights)
*Ensured that new cultists joining upon hearing of a new cult-founding have adequate social skills to prove as surrogate preachers if necessary.

Admirer

So i'm just wondering how long it takes for a cult to begin. I've already researched all the occult options. The repeatable has been completed a great number of times, and yet my colonists are sadly not praising any of the Elder Gods.

jecrell

Quote from: Admirer on December 11, 2016, 03:51:54 AM
So i'm just wondering how long it takes for a cult to begin. I've already researched all the occult options. The repeatable has been completed a great number of times, and yet my colonists are sadly not praising any of the Elder Gods.

That doesn't sound very clear to me, but here's the basics.

Once you have a forbidden knowledge center (FKC), check the colonist's "needs".
Under "needs" you an see cult-mindedness.
When they use the FKC, their cult-mindedness rises.
If they are researching successful cults, it rises faster.
If one of your colonists pass the "cult-minded" threshold of 75%, they become cultists and found a cult.
In the research tab, research the strange symbols.
Then, after that is complete, probe for deities.
Research an altar. Then, build the altar.
When the altar exists, you will be able to have all your functions as a cult: worship, offerings, animal sacrifice, and human sacrifice.
All these can be discovered through further research in the research tab.

is_pro_skub

What if you deconstruct your forbidden knowledge centre? I want to move mine but can't reinstall it.

jecrell

Quote from: is_pro_skub on December 11, 2016, 04:49:59 AM
What if you deconstruct your forbidden knowledge centre? I want to move mine but can't reinstall it.

Deconstructing it, at least on my end, gives you the grimoire of the occult and a small amount of the resources.

Admirer

[/quote]

That doesn't sound very clear to me, but here's the basics.

Once you have a forbidden knowledge center (FKC), check the colonist's "needs".
Under "needs" you an see cult-mindedness.
When they use the FKC, their cult-mindedness rises.
If they are researching successful cults, it rises faster.
If one of your colonists pass the "cult-minded" threshold of 75%, they become cultists and found a cult.
In the research tab, research the strange symbols.
Then, after that is complete, probe for deities.
Research an altar. Then, build the altar.
When the altar exists, you will be able to have all your functions as a cult: worship, offerings, animal sacrifice, and human sacrifice.
All these can be discovered through further research in the research tab.
[/quote]
Sorry, that was written right as I woke up. It bugged me for the whole night, and groggy me thought that was a well crafted statement. Well, I updated the mods so I deleted my saves as well, guess this means my input might be wrong, but i recall one character being 80%. I'll play the game again, and give you something more concrete, I might be wrong.

Admirer

Alright, so the problem seems to be that no matter how many times i research "study successful cults" my colonist doesnt go above 69% cult-mindedness. If it matters, all my colonists are psychically deaf.

Grishnerf

just wanted to hop in and say: AWESOME MOD
really all the Details, very well made. im impressed.
had a good laugh after my cult was founded the first day a cultist joined only to get beaten up in his sleep by my other colonists thast dont like the cult.

only 1 Problem i encountered now. 1 of my starting pawns is against the cult and i dont want to lose him and the Problem is he CANNOT do Research, so how can i raise her cult meter up?
for all other colonists it has worked. only 1 is missing for the cult :d
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist