[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hmcd

Great mod, but can you adapt your weapons for Combat Realism mod? Three of them.

jecrell

Quote from: Hmcd on December 25, 2016, 06:42:55 AM
Great mod, but can you adapt your weapons for Combat Realism mod? Three of them.

I'm not sure how, but I'll look into it after I've made all adjustments to the cults mod.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Cults 1.1c Update Released!

New:

+ Right click "Investigate" option for monolith/tree if there are no grimoires or forbidden research centers available.
Fixes:

+Probe deities non-repeatable bug fixed
+ Aspect of Cthulhu no longer affects prisoners
+ Pauses on inquisition if player has pause on urgent boxes enabled in settings
+ Altars didn't need to be cleared for worship bug fixed
+ Making offerings is now prioritized
+ Treasure chest bug fixed and no longer minified
+ Minified Obelisk
+ Mountain base rats in the walls issue should be fixed
+ Worship interactions rebalanced
+ 0 mood thoughts hidden
+ Quality removed from grimoire
+ Various grammar/spelling corrections (Thanks Drynyn!)

That Homeless Guy

So I have a badass soldier who was my starting colonist and laid the foundation for the colony to survive. He also happens to be the founder of the cult as well as the colony Leader and Cook. Despite being the leader he is also enemy #1 from both offending other people beliefs (Or lack thereof) and from the group beat downs. The literally decide to take actions into their own hands against a NON PRACTICING cult leader and immediately all gang up when the negative moodlet expires. (I guess this is so they can all keep feeling bad for beating him up?) He has been forced to accidentally kill 3 colonists over these beatings and is also now blind in one eye because it was destroyed during a beat down.

He has so far recruited an extra Psycho and is working on recruiting another. He will be leaving with them and bringing the Grimmore all the muffalo and all the silver with him to create a new tribe. Considering the two psycho's pretty much carry the whole colony I can't see this going well for them. Just gotta recruit that prisoner and then they will be left fight for themselves against the raiders.

This is not how I imagined it.

May I suggest changing the whole group beatdown as soon as the negative beat up preacher moodlet is removed? I'm not against group beatdowns don't get me wrong but it's straight up predictable to once every 7 days on the dot and even if I recruit and unrecruit everyone before they get their hands on him preventing the fight they still get the moodlet. Also considering this dude is the victim of curiosity getting the better of him and does not even research or practice the cult (yet) it seems a little broken. I mean this man homes and feeds them and he may talk a bit of smack but he doesn't deserve a weekly scheduled beatdown from the ENTIRE colony at once. (Well not for being a cult founder anyway, Maybe the chopping up bodies from time to time bit he deserves a smack every now and again).

Update : He just won a 2 on one fight with two best friends. Now I'm pretty sure the survivor is going to want to avenge his besties death. I honestly am on his side even more now. All of his kills have been self defense. No my fault he can kill a man with his bare hands. I almost want him to just arrest everyone bar his psycho buddies and then harvest their organs at this point.

VonMourn

Just wanted to say I am enjoying the content in these various mods. My colony just got attacked by a Star Vampire. They are terrifying.

cesarjunior233

My game is having song bugs , no music , problably came from your mod , can you fix ?

Katarumi

@ That Homeless Guy: I had something similar happen. Back before the cult had even started worshipping, these two thugs got it in their head they were going to beat one of the cultists. They huddled up together next to his bed, waited for him to lie down, and then beat him to death. I'm not super far in yet, but the non-cultists seem like more of a threat to the cultists right now. Funnily enough, now that worship has started, there's been a lot less dissent despite still having some people below threshold on cult-mindedness. Maybe there's more fights before they get set up?

Then again, the thugs that killed the random cultist all had...'accidents' (my doing, not the cult's), over the next season, so that might've had something to do with it too.

cesarjunior233

jecrell

Quote from: cesarjunior233 on December 29, 2016, 07:25:13 PM
Can you add the chaos gods of warhammer 40k ?

Anyone can add Chaos.

In your Cults directory.
Go to -> Defs\ThingDefs_CosmicEntities.xml

Copy and paste one of the deities, rename the label and choose what spells you like.

You can do this for any deity you want.

Hydromancerx

Please update to alpha 16 the Items only mod you have on steam.

Call of Cthulhu - Factions - Items Only
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=770220326&searchtext=

jecrell

Quote from: Hydromancerx on December 30, 2016, 12:16:09 AM
Please update to alpha 16 the Items only mod you have on steam.

Call of Cthulhu - Factions - Items Only
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=770220326&searchtext=

As per request, I have carried out the update my good man.
Give it a try. ^^

Canute

Hey jecrell,
what kind of scenario you would suggest for your mods.
I don't think high-tech weapon&defence  would fit into the atmosphare of the mods.
Same like mechanoids since the horror crits are the main threat.
You should create a scenario and patches to disable things that don't fit in.

- I think serveral object should be moveable like the Candelabra,Chandelier,Refrigerator,Stove.
- And it would be nice if you can made them flickable. Like the stoves i just would use as heater on solarflares.

Draxis

I'm inclined to agree with this. I ran into the problem of needing to keep food fresh, but three components for a single fridge is tough to stomach. You also can't store other stuff in fridges this way so I ended up having to use a cooler and eventually creating a sun lamp room to store food. I guess you could do pemmican, but that doesn't feel very Victorian England like. Maybe the solution is to increase the stack size on the fridges? Also, 3 components for the street lamps also feels pretty punitive.

I saw someone combine this with the medieval pack which was an interesting idea. I may give that a try later. Also, if you get the robe changing room idea to work, that'd be great! I can't get robes to work with the outfit manager so it'd be very helpful to swap automatically as needed. Keep up the great work!

cesarjunior233

Add chaos gods and their demons , like , bloodletters , daemonettes , plaguebearers and other minor demons and major demons .