[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leestriter

Quote from: jecrell on December 29, 2016, 08:23:48 PM
Quote from: cesarjunior233 on December 29, 2016, 07:25:13 PM
Can you add the chaos gods of warhammer 40k ?

Anyone can add Chaos.

In your Cults directory.
Go to -> Defs\ThingDefs_CosmicEntities.xml

Copy and paste one of the deities, rename the label and choose what spells you like.

You can do this for any deity you want.

Katarumi

QuoteAlso, 3 components for the street lamps also feels pretty punitive.

I think the big thing is that the street lamps don't require power. For that, the three component cost seems reasonable.

Draxis

I get that and that makes it somewhat worth it, but a power generator usually costs a few and a battery is another two. You could run a dozen standing lamps off a solar panel normally. Also, you still need power generator to run your fridges which make it a bit of a moot point.

My main point is that there doesn't seem to be a reason to use it if we already need a ton of power. Maybe increase the size of the fridges to 75 and allow food? My vision is to combine this with the coal mod, BlackFuel and a quarry mod so that you're burning coal for power and outside lights are either the gas lamps or the braziers from the medieval mod. Just some food for thought and a few suggestions from me. Great work and I'm excited to see how this develops!

misakstefl

Hey I need help.
For some reason I can't get cults to work. I researched everything, but nothing is happening. When I try to make an event through dev menu, it just writes error. Something with Cthullu tree. Not sure if I should send whole error here or somewhere else.

jecrell

Quote from: misakstefl on January 01, 2017, 12:35:35 PM
Hey I need help.
For some reason I can't get cults to work. I researched everything, but nothing is happening. When I try to make an event through dev menu, it just writes error. Something with Cthullu tree. Not sure if I should send whole error here or somewhere else.

I'm sorry friend. You'll have to explain clearly for me.
What exactly is not working? You said "I can't get cults to work" and yet you said "I researched everything", so clearly something is working.
Now, run me through what you expect to happen and what is not happening. Be clear for me so I can help.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Quote from: Draxis on December 30, 2016, 09:52:58 PM
I get that and that makes it somewhat worth it, but a power generator usually costs a few and a battery is another two. You could run a dozen standing lamps off a solar panel normally. Also, you still need power generator to run your fridges which make it a bit of a moot point.

My main point is that there doesn't seem to be a reason to use it if we already need a ton of power. Maybe increase the size of the fridges to 75 and allow food? My vision is to combine this with the coal mod, BlackFuel and a quarry mod so that you're burning coal for power and outside lights are either the gas lamps or the braziers from the medieval mod. Just some food for thought and a few suggestions from me. Great work and I'm excited to see how this develops!

Oh well it's not too hard. Is there already a steam-power mod of some kind? Any kind of steam powered furnace using coal? I can make a patch.

misakstefl

Quote from: jecrell on January 02, 2017, 10:41:35 PM
Quote from: misakstefl on January 01, 2017, 12:35:35 PM
Hey I need help.

I'm sorry friend. You'll have to explain clearly for me.
What exactly is not working? You said "I can't get cults to work" and yet you said "I researched everything", so clearly something is working.
Now, run me through what you expect to happen and what is not happening. Be clear for me so I can help.

I sent you PM, don't want to spam it here with error report.

Draxis

Quote from: jecrell on January 02, 2017, 10:46:18 PM

Oh well it's not too hard. Is there already a steam-power mod of some kind? Any kind of steam powered furnace using coal? I can make a patch.

Sorry for the incoming wall of text, but spent some time thinking and figured I'd share. My idea was to put together a list of things I thought could be altered or updated to help create a unique time period feel. This would be more of an overhaul I guess. Here is the link to the coal mod( https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26492.0)

Keep up all the good work and I just wanted to share my thought and hope it's helpful!

Graphics Updates (New sprites for existing things)
-New windmill
-Capacitor
-Sun lamp (maybe something like the Dwemer sphere from Blackreach in skyrim)
-Heater (replace with a radiator?)
-Medical bed

Big Changes to Existing:
-Remove solar power - keeping with the times, we can only use combustion generators, windmills and maybe geothermals (perhaps show this as a steam engine?)
-Remove time inappropriate factions, items and weapons - no crafting of anything beyond a WWI time frame. Electricity is fine, but automatic weapons and energy weapons are not. Basically no automatic firearms other than emplaced guns

New Additions
-Machine gun (Maybe a Maxim gun? The idea here is that you're not going to be building anything more complicated than revolvers, repeaters or bolt actions so these are your heavy hitters)
-Wooden barriers / barbed wire - since we won't have many automatic weapons, this would even the odds defensively (from Medieval mod or Combat realism)
-Braziers - outdoor power which doesn't require wax, but takes wood or coal (from the Medieval Mod)
-Changing cabinet for cult
-Gas powered wall sconces / chandelier - simply an electric version of the wax-powered ones in your industrial pack so that we can make the transition
-Coal and quarries - the idea here is that you can mine this and use it to power things instead of burning wood. It'll be the main power source aside from windmills and geo/steam power. Introducing a quarry would let the player mine a steady source of it so that they can survive on biomes without the ability to grow wood or if there are no mountains. (BlackFuel is the coal mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26492.0  For the quarry: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13400.0)
-Better food storage - right now we have to use pemmican to store food if we don't have power. To make this work a bit better, perhaps add new food items which store longer? The Medieval Mod had a meat smoker which could provide inspiration. Another idea is a new food time called "Hardtack" which was what old militaries used while on campaign. It could be made from only vegetables, but could give a negative moodlet to counter? Maybe have a "preserved meal" which is a combination of smoked meat and hardtack which wouldn't cause the debuff? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardtack)
-Good religion - perhaps a more benevolent version of the cult which has no sacrificing of humans, but also only provides protective spells such as calling for rain, increasing heal rates, preventing / curing disease etc. Could also provide a buff against cosmic monsters
-Change tribals to villagers armed with pitchforks and improvised tools
-Bear traps - feels like it would fit well in the time
-Gas overhaul - As an alternative to electricity, you could try to take some of the code from the Redist heat mod in terms of how they did pipes and say that it's carrying gas. This could then drive gas-powered items in the base. Not quite sure if I like this idea since it could get complicated, but just wanted to share

Hydromancerx

Will the Cults Mod work without the Monster Mod?

Also how's this compare to the Ancestral Spirits mod? I am looking for a mod where I can have my pawns worship and do human sacrifice. However I am not really a fan of the Lovecraft monsters. I am looking towards more of an Aztec-like human sacrifice or some Tiki tribal stuff. Can cults be used in this way or should I look into the Ancestral Worship mod?

cesarjunior233

Cosmic Horrors mod is bugging the comms terminal/console

jecrell

Quote from: cesarjunior233 on January 05, 2017, 11:22:46 AM
Cosmic Horrors mod is bugging the comms terminal/console

... How?

Please keep in mind that cosmic horrors does nothing with the comms or consoles.

So.
What mods are you running?
Are you running a single colony?
What is the error message?

jecrell

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 04, 2017, 07:28:45 AM
Will the Cults Mod work without the Monster Mod?

Also how's this compare to the Ancestral Spirits mod? I am looking for a mod where I can have my pawns worship and do human sacrifice. However I am not really a fan of the Lovecraft monsters. I am looking towards more of an Aztec-like human sacrifice or some Tiki tribal stuff. Can cults be used in this way or should I look into the Ancestral Worship mod?

You can use cults without the monsters.
All mods are independent, and like legos, they can work together if you put them together.

Hydromancerx

When I try to load the mod with Cults it says ...

Couldn't relax research project coordinates apart after 200 passes.

When i disable the mod the error goes away.

mrsebseb

I was playing with Cults, and packed up all my colonists to go raiding. Shortly there after I got spammed by this error so much i couldn't stop the debug log from Auto-Opening:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CultOfCthulhu.MapComponent_LocalCultTracker.CanDoJob (Verse.JobDef job, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Thing target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CultOfCthulhu.MapComponent_LocalCultTracker.CultSeedCheck () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CultOfCthulhu.MapComponent_LocalCultTracker.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 4

It ultimately crashed (after repeating 36 519 times).
Figured it might be the kind of thing I should report.

Canute

I got a request,
could you please give the monsters the tag "strange" so they appear in an extra subcategorie like insects.
That would be very useful for selecting them at stockpiles/bills(butcher).