[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Ahh ok WoD, didn't read any novell from them so far.
But you know nearly any author/universe add/change their own strenght and weakness about vampire.
Not sure which one follow jecrell's team.

wwWraith

Quote from: Canute on January 13, 2018, 11:40:27 AM
Ahh ok WoD, didn't read any novell from them so far.
But you know nearly any author/universe add/change their own strenght and weakness about vampire.
Not sure which one follow jecrell's team.

"Heavily inspired by Vampire the Masquerade, this mod introduces a disease known as vampirism." - from his Patreon. And VtM is, so to speak, a part of World of Darkness. It's not novells, it's a set of rules and lore for various games. You can take a look on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade. Of course, I don't suggest to copy WoD as is. But I think it'd be good to adapt some more details that fit well in RimWorld and are not too complicated to implement. (Actually, in WoD healing 1 "aggravated" wound requires a full day of rest and then spending 5 blood points; it's possible to heal 1 additional wound per day if vampire spends another 5 blood points and 1 point of Willpower. I think in RimWorld it'd be fine to let burns just regenerate with a natural speed.)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

asquirrel

Is there any way I can change the song "Ain't Misbehaving" to something else?  It's playing over and over.  Doesn't matter if it is the radio or the gramophone.  It's weird because it used to play different songs like "take the A train."  How can I put more song in there? I'm going crazy, man.

I figured it out.  Don't use radio and gramophone at the same time.  The gramophone will control and will apparently only play one song (Ain't Misbehavin' in my case).  You need to shut off gramophone and the radio will play the tracks.  Wish I could add more music though.

Canute

inside
\Call-of-Cthulhu---Industrial-Age-1.18.0.1\Sounds\Radio
you find the audio file for radio, grammofon is similar.
Just convert you favoured song from mp3 into ogg, replace that file and the game should play it.

Canute

Another issue,
Spell "Enter the Abyss", the description say "anywhere on the map" but get a radius circle for the max range.
And i think the spell need a line of sight, or same room. I couldn't teleport so far through walls.
But the spellcaster lost the bloodpoints and the spell is on cooldown, but that happen to other spells too.

Onasaki

I'm having a weird issue that keeps coming up since I've updated the vampire mod, the last update before this one. I've adjusted the load order, but nothing seems to be working.

Some kind of blunt soak issue. Debug thing attached. If you need the Harmony Log, let me know.

I don't have any combat mods outside of what comes with Werewolves, Vampires, and Simple Side Arms.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

jecrell

Quote from: Onasaki on January 13, 2018, 06:07:24 PM
I'm having a weird issue that keeps coming up since I've updated the vampire mod, the last update before this one. I've adjusted the load order, but nothing seems to be working.

Some kind of blunt soak issue. Debug thing attached. If you need the Harmony Log, let me know.

I don't have any combat mods outside of what comes with Werewolves, Vampires, and Simple Side Arms.

Delete both JecsTools and Vampires.
Redownload JecsTools and Vampires.
It should work fine.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Canute

If anyone wonder why his vampire spell's don't work anymore, check if that pawn use a shieldbelt.
Shieldbelt prevent the success of any target based spells, the pawn walk to the target and nothing happen.

knainoa

With the new updates im noticing guests don't visit sermons anymore, feature or conflict on my modlist?

wwWraith

Another notes for Vampires :)

1. Generation (I mean vampiric stat) of Thinblood vampires remains -1 instead of 14, it causes weird behavior: they have a bloodpool of 100 (6/100 at spawning, so the beast is very likely to be unleashed quickly) and diablerie attempts tell that their generation is higher than of my vampires (10-12).

2. Arm of the Abyss (Obteneration I) looks too overpowered for 1st level ability. Enemies often prefer to target it while it is invulnerable so colonists can shoot without retaliation. A couple of these "arms" can effectively disable a whole raid. I think it should be made killable or enemies should not target it.

3. I think that "common" vampires should be able to soak only blunt and sharp damage (or at the very least do not soak the damage from sunlight), and only Fortitude should allow soaking all damage types.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

WitchLyfe

Just noticed that vampires suffer from global "working in the dark" penalties.  Is this intended or is there a chance it could be fixed?  Atm a lot of their bonuses are removed or negligible at night because of this if they aren't lit up.

Also I think it was already mentioned, but Blood Boil is really difficult to use.  I had a clear line of sight against an in range enemy rushing towards my vampire (No friendlies nearby), and my vamp wouldn't use it.  They kept canceling it and switching to aiming with their sniper, then when the enemy finally came in melee range she tried running away to use it, went back into cover near her allies, and finally cast it on the enemy when it was right on top of her (Blowing herself up as well).  It's at the point where it's almost useless in actual combat.  I can never get it to fire properly...though it's fun to hunt with.

Blood Strike and Blood Salvo occasionally have issues as well, though it isn't as obnoxious since I don't end up blowing myself or allies to bits with mistimed/misused abilities.  They're not wearing a shield belt btw. 

For some reason my vampire won't cast any abilities unless she's in between doorways in my killbox.  She'll either switch to her rifle if I try to use an ability or run between doors before casting it, even when the enemy is at mid or max range of the ability.  I can't figure out what's causing it, no allies nearby, no chance of being struck by the explosion, has line of sight, it's night time as well.  It's really odd.

CrimsonPhalanx

Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with Unspeakable Oath?

The zombie rises, but is permanently facing forwards, the original body does not dissapear and more zombies rise from it

I run a ton of mods so I'm just trying to see if anyone else is having the problem without many mods, or if anyone knows what mod conflict is causing this.

jecrell

Rim of Madness - Vampires

v1.18.1.7 (1/17/18)
-Vampires of lower generations now have a 10% chance of spawning.
-Vampires of lower generation will be pin-pointed to help players spot them when they arrive.
-Mesmerize has been fixed (thanks to @Samboy063#3826)
-Updated Russian translation (thanks to @𝒌𝒓33𝒎𝒂𝒏#3157)
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: jecrell on January 16, 2018, 11:05:27 AM
Rim of Madness - Vampires

v1.18.1.7 (1/17/18)
-Vampires of lower generations now have a 10% chance of spawning.
-Vampires of lower generation will be pin-pointed to help players spot them when they arrive.
-Mesmerize has been fixed (thanks to @Samboy063#3826)
-Updated Russian translation (thanks to @𝒌𝒓33𝒎𝒂𝒏#3157)

YES! Between you having a notification for vampires, and TMagic having a notification for Magically Gifted pawns, my dreams are coming true! Now if only someone would make a mod where you could specify whatever trait or health condition (bionics, vampirism, werewolf, jogger, brawler, etc.) you wanted to be notified of if a pawn enters the pawn with your parameters. That way when you are late game with 50+ raiders attacking, you don't have to go through them all one by one, checking TWO screens on each (their traits and medical page.) You could start making preparations for capturing whoever, to make sure you don't kill them in the capture process.

Do you think we could get a notification for werewolves as well? If not, I'm still happy with whatever you give us. Thanks, Jecrell and the Rim of Madness team! ;D I can't WAIT to see how blood cults turns out! ;)

wwWraith

Another vampiric story :)

Just got a Methuselah (Tremere of 5th generation) in a raid after only half a year from starting the colony. That guy looked nearly impossible to defeat with his 35/35 soaking as we had no chance to get sniper rifles yet. Shouldn't there be more relation with the raid's combat power?

Luckily my starting vampire (Tremere of 10th generation) just has learned Sleep (Dominate II) so I captured that guy without a fight. Shouldn't there be at least some chance to resist vampiric abilities based on difference between generations?

After defeating the remaining raiders I decided to diablerize that vampire. It involved some fighting and I realized that actually he didn't soak any damage: autopistol's bullets, bow used in melee, unarmed fists/head strikes - all dealt its full damage. Probably something is wrong here.

When finally my vampire succeded on diablerie, her generation became 5. I think it'd be better to limit the lowering of the generation, like making 1 check per level of generations difference with 20% chance so the probability to get several decrements won't be high.

Blood pool of my vampire became 13/40. Shouldn't it be filled after a successful diablerie?

Just several seconds passed, and some caravan has arrived. There were 13 tribals. And 3 of them were again Methuselahs of 5th generation. Something seems definitely wrong here. Or maybe it's intended to make them like "defaults"?

Also they haven't followed to my base, just kept wandering near the edge of the map and leaving after a short time. Perhaps it could be somewhat related with that it was during daytime with eclipse.

And I didn't see how those vampires were pin-pointed.