[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knainoa

I'm having an issue of guests (Hospitality) and visitors in general not attending sermons with my colonists. I know they used to, was this intentionally removed or is there an error on my part? No devlogs ever indicate a conflict, so I came here for help. Thank you!

asquirrel

Hey man, the Star Vampire is just hanging in a corner doing nothing.  Maybe he was digesting something?  He didn't come after me so I sent my team out and turned it into mush.

vel10

A vamp set to nonlethal animal draining keeps making a beeline towards an insectoid hive to feed on them. There are plenty of other animals on the map, though they seem to be further away.

Is there any way Vamps can be set so that they don't target and aggro insect hives unless there's no other option?

Canute

vel10,
just build some walls/doors(hold open but forbid for colony use) so your vampire don't can path in that bug area.

wwWraith

I've probably found the cause of the issue with only Methuselahs spawning as I've posted earlier.

"Vampires - Strange cargo" scenario adds a part "Vampirism" by default, but in scenario editor there is "Vampirism(Random)", and evidently it's not the same thing. Changing ROM_VampirismRandom to ROM_Vampirism in the savefile solved that problem:
<li Class="ScenPart_ForcedHediff">
<def>ForcedHediff</def>
<chance>0.05</chance>
<context>NonPlayer</context>
<hideOffMap>True</hideOffMap>
<hediff>ROM_Vampirism</hediff>
<severityRange>1~1</severityRange>
</li>
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

WitchLyfe

Had a vampire fleeing from pirates begging for refuge come during the day.  They didn't last long...  Was especially bad since the digging in the hidey hole thing has never seemed to work for me.  They try at first then just stand there and burn alive.  I just deal with it by going out and trying to rescue them before they become ashes.  I'll probably start building little shade shelters around the map just in case something like that happens again.

Oh well, it was entertaining anyways and they managed to take down one of the raiders and wound another before death.

Wanderer_joins

I have a few diggey holes on the map. But most vampire raiders burn to death or rush to the colony. That said, with the increase of vampire raiders, if they all successfully dug their hole the map would be littered with diggey holes in the end game. Or maybe they should be able to wake up and leave the map at night.

wwWraith

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on January 20, 2018, 05:28:32 AM
I have a few diggey holes on the map. But most vampire raiders burn to death or rush to the colony. That said, with the increase of vampire raiders, if they all successfully dug their hole the map would be littered with diggey holes in the end game. Or maybe they should be able to wake up and leave the map at night.

You can order your colonists to open these "odd dirt patches" and then deal with awakened vampires as you want.

I need help with making Smarter Food Selection to work with Arachnophobia. Currently tamed spiders just hunt (if allowed) and spin cocoons but never drain them, starving until there is no more living prey on the map, then eating kibble or other available things. Simply marking cocoons as "corpses" and adding a food policy which prioritizes it doesn't help.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Wanderer_joins

I mean if they dig their hole successfully they shouldn't spawn at dawn or in daylight, it makes little sense to have them come to your base just to dig a hole.

Canute

At my vampire playthrough most of my raids came at sunset, but not all.
Not sure if i was lucky or planned through the mod.
But i don't think there is much change. The storyteller throw in a raid, and a precentage (based on the scenario) are vampires.
Lower vampire don't have much time to dig a hole and burn down. More advanced got more resistance and maybe mange it to finish the hole.

Maybe normal raids shouldn't include Vampire anymore, and add vampire raids which appear at sunset/midnight maybe with a special Eclipse event so they got more time to raid.

WitchLyfe

Quote from: Canute on January 20, 2018, 09:45:44 AM
At my vampire playthrough most of my raids came at sunset, but not all.
Not sure if i was lucky or planned through the mod.
But i don't think there is much change. The storyteller throw in a raid, and a precentage (based on the scenario) are vampires.
Lower vampire don't have much time to dig a hole and burn down. More advanced got more resistance and maybe mange it to finish the hole.

Maybe normal raids shouldn't include Vampire anymore, and add vampire raids which appear at sunset/midnight maybe with a special Eclipse event so they got more time to raid.

A vamp raid that has a 48 hour eclipse event when it spawns would be terrifying, lol.

wwWraith

A little investigation regarding previously mentioned issue with tamed spiders hunting but not eating. I realized that they can drain cocoons at least if they are already in stockpiles. But when there are no more cocoons in the stockpiles, spiders begin their endless hunting again until restarting (or maybe reloading) the game. So probably it's not related to Smarter Food Selection.

These errors appear when the spider finishes spinning the victim:

Constructed TargetInfo with cell=(194, 0, 85) and a null map.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.TargetInfo:.ctor(IntVec3, Map, Boolean)
Arachnophobia.Building_Cocoon:get_NextValidPlacementSpot()
Arachnophobia.JobDriver_SpinPrey:CocoonPlace(Building_Cocoon)
Arachnophobia.JobDriver_SpinPrey:<MakeNewToils>b__12_4()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Arachnophobia.PawnWebSpinner:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Exception ticking ROMA_SpiderRaceGiant639085: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.GenGrid.Walkable (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Map) <0x00009>
at Arachnophobia.Building_Cocoon.get_NextValidPlacementSpot () <0x00324>
at Arachnophobia.JobDriver_SpinPrey.CocoonPlace (Arachnophobia.Building_Cocoon) <0x001f5>
at Arachnophobia.JobDriver_SpinPrey.<MakeNewToils>b__12_4 () <0x000a3>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x0027a>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.ReadyForNextToil () <0x00015>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x00445>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.ReadyForNextToil () <0x00015>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch1 (object) <0x000a5>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick () <0x00242>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x00155>
at Arachnophobia.PawnWebSpinner.Tick () <0x00010>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
(second error doesn't appear every time)

A few seconds after that 2 more errors appear:

ROMA_SpiderRaceGiant639085 had to be broken from frozen state. He was doing job ROMA_SpinPrey (Job_2371049) A=Thing_Ibex617934 B=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon825644, toilindex=6

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=ROMA_SpiderRaceGiant639085, Job=ROMA_SpinPrey (Job_2371049) A=Thing_Ibex617934 B=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon825644, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.AI.GenPath.ShouldNotEnterCell (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Map,Verse.IntVec3) <0x0000c>
at Verse.AI.GenPath.ResolveClosestTouchPathMode (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Map,Verse.IntVec3) <0x0002a>
at Verse.AI.GenPath.ResolvePathMode (Verse.Pawn,Verse.TargetInfo,Verse.AI.PathEndMode&) <0x00248>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower.StartPath_Patch1 (object,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.AI.PathEndMode) <0x000fd>
at Verse.AI.Toils_Haul/<CarryHauledThingToCell>c__AnonStorey4.<>m__0 () <0x000e3>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x002e9>
lastJobGiver=Arachnophobia.JobGiver_GetFoodSpider, curJob.def=ROMA_SpinPrey, curDriver=Arachnophobia.JobDriver_SpinPrey
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
and the spider becomes just Standing for a few seconds more, then goes to hunt some other prey.

Also I'd suggest to add <milkFemaleOnly>false</milkFemaleOnly> into <comps><li Class="CompProperties_Milkable"> for spiders.

Harry_Dicks

I really want to have Arachnophobia running, but I was getting a lot of issues with their stuns and webbing, and I'm worried about the cocoons as well once I get going into mid game

Rocket_Raccoon

I startet with colonists already being vampires. Can i remove the vampire trait from them without error and add werewolf/vampire  back again if i want to? That being asked in general, ie if i can do that with every person. The options are there, just donĀ“t want to destroy my latest run.
Thanks in advance  :)

Canute

Since they are traits it could be possible. Maybe you loose the vampire/werewolf levels.
Unless you are playing permadeath (very bad idea with mods) just keep a safegame.
Remove the traits and look what happens.