[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilymortis

I'm getting errors for the gas lamps and chandaliers. The error log is saying that it has null thingclass, and then the item has coponents but it's thingclass is not a thingwithcomps.

I would post a screenshot but can't even manage that (middleaged and dimwitted, sorry)

jecrell

...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Listen1

I would really like to have some artistic ability to re-skin the walls, floors, furniture and etc to be more fitting with the other itens you added in the game (like the friedge and gas lamps)

This could easily turn into a total revamp of the game. I added the "Darkness" mod, and it is totally fitting. Since you can barely see what's on the map

jecrell

Quote from: lilymortis on October 10, 2016, 05:26:31 AM
I'm getting errors for the gas lamps and chandaliers. The error log is saying that it has null thingclass, and then the item has coponents but it's thingclass is not a thingwithcomps.

I would post a screenshot but can't even manage that (middleaged and dimwitted, sorry)

It could be that the game didn't load the .dll file, and you'll need to restart the RimWorld program. I'm hoping that is the case, because it has been fully functional on my end.
(If you play this game, then you are not dimwitted in my book!)

Next time the error comes up, can you give me your output_log.txt file from your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data directory? (If you're using a different operating system or setup, the folders may vary).

Quote from: Flying Rockbass on October 10, 2016, 10:51:45 AM
I would really like to have some artistic ability to re-skin the walls, floors, furniture and etc to be more fitting with the other itens you added in the game (like the friedge and gas lamps)

This could easily turn into a total revamp of the game. I added the "Darkness" mod, and it is totally fitting. Since you can barely see what's on the map

My plan is to combine it all together into an expansion pack for RimWorld. All-together, it will be something people can enable for an independent game run that gives them a completely fresh experience to the game they already know so well.

mrsebseb

I have the same issue, I think this is the relevant part of the log:

Exception in Tick (pawn=Engie, job=FinishFrame A=Thing_Jecrell_GasStreetLampBeta_Frame122894, CurToil=2): System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Frame.CompleteConstruction (Verse.Pawn worker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame+<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorB.<>m__28 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

(Or do you prefer the full file?)

I've restarted the game multiple times and I get the same result. I do use a crap-ton of mods though, might be related.
Hope that helps. I love the mod BTW.

Edit:
I restructured my load order, placing the Industrial Age mod before 90% of anything else that add lights (since only the light weren't working) and it works great now.

jmababa

storyteller is not that good ships are hard to come by must increase ships

lilymortis

Good catch, have now re-ordered the mods and mine is working too. Love the mods btw.

Nimrod

Quote from: mrsebseb on October 10, 2016, 04:41:34 PM

I have the same issue, I think this is the relevant part of the log:

Exception in Tick (pawn=Engie, job=FinishFrame A=Thing_Jecrell_GasStreetLampBeta_Frame122894, CurToil=2): System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Frame.CompleteConstruction (Verse.Pawn worker) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_ConstructFinishFrame+<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorB.<>m__28 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

(Or do you prefer the full file?)

I've restarted the game multiple times and I get the same result. I do use a crap-ton of mods though, might be related.
Hope that helps. I love the mod BTW.

Edit:
I restructured my load order, placing the Industrial Age mod before 90% of anything else that add lights (since only the light weren't working) and it works great now.

Seems like the mod is missing "abstract definitions" so it inherits bases outside its own mod and gets all kinds of strange and unnatural interference that way ;)

This here is VERY important information:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0

I see a lot of mods that ignore abstracts and are bleeding their Defs all over the place... this leads to like 99% of the bugs that people see.

Hope that helps! Keep up the great work and do not lose your mind! ;D
Cheers!

xDahaka2012x

Great mod you've made here! Really atmospheric, the mechanics in them are great - especially the one-shoting Star-spawn.
But I want to say that having so many spawns from your mod is rather irritating - I get them in almost 4/5 raids. Fighting them is rather tedious than scary or hard, while I have other factions that I want to fight. Is there any way to reduce their spawn chance?
+ they're making it all too easy - free meat source is like your birthday+Christmas. I suggest deleting ability to make ordinary meals out of strange meats, while adding some debuffs (sanity loss?) to strange meals. Maybe you could also make just different strange meals with different debuffs (and maybe some occasional buffs).
Thanks in advance!

canshow

Quote from: jmababa on October 11, 2016, 09:22:21 AM
ships are hard to come by must increase ships
Indeed.

Are there publicly available stats for this story teller? Like min days between raids and etc.
And is there any 'hack' to increase major threat/raid frequency short of modding myself? I've seen a slightly narrower spread in raids since using this mod, but at late-game on extreme it is just too slow...having the game run for hours waiting for a raid is not exactly what I had imagined.

jecrell

Quote from: canshow on October 12, 2016, 06:11:59 AM
Indeed.

Are there publicly available stats for this story teller? [...]

It's one page back.

Quote from: xDahaka2012x on October 11, 2016, 05:27:43 PM
[...]But I want to say that having so many spawns from your mod is rather irritating - I get them in almost 4/5 raids. Fighting them is rather tedious than scary or hard, while I have other factions that I want to fight. Is there any way to reduce their spawn chance?

[We're] working on higher difficulty versions of the monsters that spawn later.
It is possible we can look into merging the factions, or creating a custom set of raid incidents.

Quote from: xDahaka2012x on October 11, 2016, 05:27:43 PM
[...]I suggest deleting ability to make ordinary meals out of strange meats[...]

I still haven't been able to reproduce this on my end, but I'm trying to eliminate it for other people.

Quote from: Nimrod on October 11, 2016, 01:39:29 PM
Seems like the mod is missing "abstract definitions" [...]
This here is VERY important information:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0 [...]

You saved my life. I didn't even know this was an issue and I completely missed the thread. Thanks so much! I updated the mod with an abstract definition that isn't using the game's abstract. Did it help?

Nimrod

Quote from: jecrell on October 12, 2016, 07:47:00 AM
You saved my life. I didn't even know this was an issue and I completely missed the thread. Thanks so much! I updated the mod with an abstract definition that isn't using the game's abstract. Did it help?

You are very welcome. I am glad I could be of some assistance. :)

Edit:
okay, I did a quick check of your Industrial Age Object Pack (loaded via Steam Workshop)
and I see you put in:   <ThingDef Name="EstateBuildingBase" Abstract="True">
that is good (even though not necessary, you could also use <ThingDef Name="BuildingBase" Abstract="True"> and use that as a parent.

As long as there is a Abstract="True" in it, the ThingDef will be ONLY used INSIDE your own mod.

I also see that you are still referencing to <ThingDef ParentName="ResourceBase"> and <ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase"> in your Items_EstateThings.xml - this can (and probably does) make problems

We can discuss this in more detail in PM if you want.

Canute

About revolver, at first i though oh just another pistol class weapon, now i think damn a sucide weapon.
The problem are, the weapon fires a burst, and the pawn don't move until the burst are complete, and the burst on a revolver takes very long.
They even shoot when the target is allready dead.

I suggest to reflect a real revolver a much faster burst, half that fast like a assault rifle, but a much longer cooldown for the reload phase.

jmababa

Quote from: Canute on October 14, 2016, 03:44:44 AM
About revolver, at first i though oh just another pistol class weapon, now i think damn a sucide weapon.
The problem are, the weapon fires a burst, and the pawn don't move until the burst are complete, and the burst on a revolver takes very long.
They even shoot when the target is allready dead.

I suggest to reflect a real revolver a much faster burst, half that fast like a assault rifle, but a much longer cooldown for the reload phase.

Install RT weapons put it above all of lovecraft mods you will get better revolver and a colt phython too. revolver there has faster burst rate but colt phyton has slower burst rate but when you hit headshot insta death and much more accurate than regular revolver

Canute

I don't need another weapon mod, the game got allready enough weapons IMO.
I just wanted the faction and the weapons are just a bonus. I used the revolver for my bad equiped tribes and wanted to give the feedback.