[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korn.Mil

Hello, thanks for such amazing mods! Currently i am using Horror Expansion Pack and i have a little trouble, when i have incident with Dark Young monster, i mean when this even starts and it says ''strange beasts have arrived'' dark young creature just stands in same position all the time! He doesnt moves at all, untill you attack them.

Canute

Quote from: Korn.Mil on October 26, 2016, 07:38:20 AM
Hello, thanks for such amazing mods! Currently i am using Horror Expansion Pack and i have a little trouble, when i have incident with Dark Young monster, i mean when this even starts and it says ''strange beasts have arrived'' dark young creature just stands in same position all the time! He doesnt moves at all, untill you attack them.
Ohh, it will move once it get hungry ! :-)
And you can try to tame it, but beware of the mad mood when this pet run through your colony.

jecrell

Quote from: Korn.Mil on October 26, 2016, 07:38:20 AM

A Dark Young is the spawn of Shub-Niggurath, and it's almost like a tree monster with goat parts, and as Canute stated, the standing behavior is intended! =)
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

canshow

Hi, started having trouble on a new save. The last 7 mods in the list below (plus your mod which is marked as uninstalled) were the new ones I added.

Started having some random issues... such as colonist pawn icons not showing up at the top of the screen and colonist getting 'seen star vampire' mood debuff when a star vampire was recently killed nearby (stopped recurring when game was reloaded). Can someone help find the problem here, if it is with my mod order, or a mod bug?

Commander Blackwatch

Industrial Age Object Pack V1.0d A15

Very Impressive Mod the Texture is so Great and the Gas Lamp its produce heat and requires Wax but its very impressive and Joy Furniture like Typewriter,Gramophone it gives joy i know that but Gramophone its takes more radius that's very helpful for me because i like making Large Room and make a colony great again and Refrigerator,Wood Stove Furnace are Useful and helpful the Refrigerator stores Raw food or Meals are very Useful if you don't have enough power or resources and the Wood Stove Furnace are useful its cheap to make this and helpful but wax is little useful for fueling the gas lamp and I hope you will add new Furniture for the next Update.

Average : 9.7/10
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Supay

Thank you for these mods, I really like them.  I am having some issues with the Cosmic Horrors Monster Pack though.  I am getting pretty much nothing but Dark Young spawning and they come really regularly and right in the first few days.  I just keep getting worn down by them as I can't manage such an impact on the colony over such a short time.  This is on different map climates on the Some Challenge setting of either Cassandra or Lovecraft storytellers.

Additionally, nearly every cargo pod drop consists of one of the strange meats, strange meals or strange kibble.  I get pretty much no other resources from them, which can be really harsh on the ice sheets.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or something I can do to adjust this please?  And is this an intended rate of spawns or does that sound more than expected?  Only, I really want to use the mod but I have had to turn it off for the time being as I am struggling so badly to keep the colony alive more than a season or two.  Thanks!

Canute

Yes, the challenge of the lovecraft storyteller is harder then normal.
But any of the horror creatures are mellee fighter, if you got a fast runner you can try to kite them around you people who shoot them.

And steel deathtraps around your entrance in diagonal pattern, can help to decimate them.

I didn't notice this with the cargo pods, but i didn't played with the current version.

jecrell

Preview of the upcoming cults pack.

jecrell

Updated Industrial Age.
Now you can also use strange meats from the monster pack to make your wax.

Listen1

Are they sacrifing a Zebra? Oh jesus, this feels wrong...

Meh, it's for a greater cause

Moo

Quote from: Flying Rockbass on November 06, 2016, 03:16:28 PM
Are they sacrifing a Zebra? Oh jesus, this feels wrong...

Meh, it's for a greater cause

Well, it's a person named Zebra...

jecrell

Updated
Cosmic Horrors Monster Pack now has a separate incident for its raids to give a more event representation of pawn variety.
This might also, PROBABLY, makes the mod compatible with the MARS mod. So, you could have cosmic horrors attacking your Mars colonists? Hahaha.

The cults mod is basically finished with a couple of bug fixing and a bit of polishing left to do. It should be less than a week away!

asquirrel

Holy mother.  That squiggly tentacle red vampire creature is freaking horrible.  First time, the thing spawned outside my base and went like 90mph towards my guys.  Took down one of my guys no problem and they were armed to the teeth.  Another one spawned INSIDE my base. I had to go hand to hand because it spawned in my walk-in freezer.  Talk about close quarter combat. 

That meat after you butcher it.  The description says if you eat it your colonists eyes will bleed and they will start hallucinating.  Can you just use the meat to make simple or level 2 meals?

jecrell

Quote from: asquirrel on November 14, 2016, 08:14:37 PM
Holy mother.  That squiggly tentacle red vampire creature is freaking horrible.  First time, the thing spawned outside my base and went like 90mph towards my guys.  Took down one of my guys no problem and they were armed to the teeth.  Another one spawned INSIDE my base. I had to go hand to hand because it spawned in my walk-in freezer.  Talk about close quarter combat. 

That meat after you butcher it.  The description says if you eat it your colonists eyes will bleed and they will start hallucinating.  Can you just use the meat to make simple or level 2 meals?
You can make 'strange meals' and then your colonists have chances of going insane, but -- if they're really hungry, you CAN eat it. You can also burn the meat at a campfire.

jecrell