[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JABBA2000

Wow great mods. I like them. Just one question. Because a few ppl in my coloni are plotting against my cult they keep attacking only one colonist. I know this is because they dont want to be in the cult but can i make them somehow not attack the same colonist? And also if the cult meter thing is the lowest possible how can i make them love my cult more and make them join?

DrStalker

Quote from: JABBA2000 on January 07, 2017, 09:05:39 PM
And also if the cult meter thing is the lowest possible how can i make them love my cult more and make them join?

Assuming they can research make them your researcher and have them research "study successful cults" until they see the truth.

JABBA2000

Assuming they can research make them your researcher and have them research "study successful cults" until they see the truth.
[/quote]

Hmm i cant see this in my research screen. Where should i look to find it? Has it been added to the mod in the past few days?

Canute

No,
did you have the forbidden knowledge center build ?
Then you should have these repeatable research for 100 points.
If you don't see it, maybe use the Oldstyle research window (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28609.0).

JABBA2000

Oh i havnt build the forbidden knowledge center yet. I wanted to build it but i was like nahh let me get everyone in the cult first.

DrStalker

Quote from: JABBA2000 on January 08, 2017, 02:08:33 PM
Oh i havnt build the forbidden knowledge center yet. I wanted to build it but i was like nahh let me get everyone in the cult first.

There are no brakes on the cult train, if anyone has issues arrange for an unfortunate accident.  I like "I told him to go punch a bear" myself.

JABBA2000

cool i dealing with a few mods now after i get it sorted the second thing i do will be make the altar (the first thing i will do is attack the mechanoid space ship part).

DrStalker

Is there any way to designate a new preacher?  I've got a bunch of cultists that can make sacrifices fine but I can;t change the preacher for worship.  I'd like it to be the more social cultist with a scarred throat; her talking might be slightly reduced, but I think the rasping voice adds to the atmosphere.

Canute

At the altar, you got 1-2 tabs Worship and Sacrifice.
At Worship you can set how often there will be a seren and who worship it.

JABBA2000

Can i ask how do i cure sanity from my animals. I cure it for humans on the typewriting table but my dog has sanity loss and i dont know how to cure it.

EDIT: I just restricted the dog in the arie where the radio plays and it became sain again.

A NaCl N Battery

Is there any advice on how to deal with the star vampires? My turrets and colonists lock on when they are invisible and fire, but it doesn't take any damage.

So far whenever it shows up, I resort to just going into debug and destroying the thing. Since it can kill a power armored colonist before they can even move away from it. I want to have a chance at fighting it, without it resulting in me automatically losing a colonist.

I don't mind if they die in fights, but it just feels like the vampire is an instant colonist loss whenever it shows up, not like there is a chance to win against it. Unless i'm missing some tactic.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: A NaCl N Battery on January 10, 2017, 12:49:07 AM
Is there any advice on how to deal with the star vampires? My turrets and colonists lock on when they are invisible and fire, but it doesn't take any damage.

So far whenever it shows up, I resort to just going into debug and destroying the thing. Since it can kill a power armored colonist before they can even move away from it. I want to have a chance at fighting it, without it resulting in me automatically losing a colonist.

I don't mind if they die in fights, but it just feels like the vampire is an instant colonist loss whenever it shows up, not like there is a chance to win against it. Unless i'm missing some tactic.

I've found that it becomes visible if you're within two tiles of it, meaning if you're behind a wall and door, you can decloak it from the other side of the door it's attacking and then get ready to kill it. If a pawn is way out in the open though, not much you can do.

nachtfalter

Wow this project really keeps getting more and more detailed.
Major respect.

Madpizzaboy

Quote from: Nanao-kun on January 10, 2017, 01:11:31 AM

I've found that it becomes visible if you're within two tiles of it, meaning if you're behind a wall and door, you can decloak it from the other side of the door it's attacking and then get ready to kill it. If a pawn is way out in the open though, not much you can do.
thanks for the tips , so when the "event" occur draft all of your pawn to get inside the base and wait with a shotgun or a grenade is the way to kill it

A NaCl N Battery

Quote from: Nanao-kun on January 10, 2017, 01:11:31 AM

Thanks for the help, no more debug for me!