[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntakilla

I've already put an obscene amount of hours into this game, but then it started getting a bit stagnant for me, but since I installed these mods I'm having so much fun again. Thank you for making this. I appreciate it!

JABBA2000

Love the mod! Maybe you can add yog sothoth in a future update.

Kryas

Is there a way I can disable the study successful cults research project midgame? I need it gone so I can increase my tech level using a new mod.

Canute

jecrell

Quote from: JABBA2000 on January 29, 2017, 11:06:00 AM
Love the mod! Maybe you can add yog sothoth in a future update.

Yog-Sothoth is quite a popular cult figure, eh?
What kind of spells would Yog-Sothoth have?
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Cults 1.2 Updated

NEW DEITY: Hastur the Unspeakable.

Hastur grants your cultists the ability to brainwash their colleagues, summon flying beasts, provide much-needed relief for a season, and even grants an Oathtaker a form of immortality that restores them after death.

Happy culting.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Techgenius

Oh my. How many deities are there? how many types of unspeakable power and knowledge can one hope to acquire? Have you got many, many more plans to expand on the deities jecrell?

PotatoeTater

Quote from: jecrell on February 01, 2017, 08:57:25 AM

Cults 1.2 Updated

NEW DEITY: Hastur the Unspeakable.

Hastur grants your cultists the ability to brainwash their colleagues, summon flying beasts, provide much-needed relief for a season, and even grants an Oathtaker a form of immortality that restores them after death.

Happy culting.

Another amazing update, I can't wait to research and try to earn his favor.
Life is Strange

Crimson_R

Hey, great mod but I have a small question. How would one go about modifying the amount of attention you get from gods when you're offering food ? If it's even possible to modify that.

forestfey

Quote from: Techgenius on February 01, 2017, 01:41:47 PM
Oh my. How many deities are there? how many types of unspeakable power and knowledge can one hope to acquire?

ATROCIOUSLY MANY! So there's a LOT of potential for future expansions... =)

*rubbing hands tentacles eagerly* ...can't wait until I finally get to build an altar again and impose my reverence, oh Unspeakable One...
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

Techgenius

:OOOOOOOOOO

Bless you forestfey

Many, many indeed... I wonder what types of powers we'll be granted in the future, what we have currently is incredible, maybe they could mash as these gods together? like the bride of cthulhu, and allies of cthulhu, adding their powers when preaching to the "Sect of Ctulhu", or something like that...

That said, I believe priests should look apart to their filthy cultist drones, their robes should look good, have traits from the God their serve, like priests of dagon having a robe matching the hood, or the black goat priests having black fur robes apart from the leather or cloth they made, just addorment to the accoutrements, there ya go, Priesthood Adorned Accoutrements reserach! granting priests power and buffs when they in favor with their chosen deity

Techgenius

By the by, how or where can I edit how common black goats are? as much I like them, I'd like them to be more restricted to cultist-like factions or only the player faction

KaiserThurston

You could add a "Cthulhu awakens" event that could work like the "planet killer weapon", but in stages, and with each stage of the event, more and more Star Spawn of Cthulhu raids happen, along with more nasty events, and in the end:
A) A raid with a invincible Cthulhu happens.
or
B) The default planet killer weapon effect.

The triggers to this event could be affected by the cultists mod in some way.

WinterFlare

I just wanted to give my feedback on what I've experienced with the Cosmic Horror events and raids so far, ranking from the least dangerous to the most dangerous.

Star-Spawn of Cthulhu, N/A: I've only been attacked by these once, so I honestly can't say much about them. Only two spawned, and 2 improvised turrets and a few colonists beat them.

Chthonian, fairly slow moving, only spawns alone in the pit, and doesn't attack/become maddened if it's out of range. Can be easily taken out with concentrated fire from 2-3 individuals. I've even killed them with 2-3 great bows, while 1-2 people have tanked the damage. I'm very much more afraid of mechanoid ships.

Star Vampires, I've only seen spawn one at a time. The amount of time it gives me to prepare allows me to pull most of my colonists into a single group and take it out in 1-2 concentrated fire bursts.

Dark Young: These seem to come in two forms, a "Strange Creature" event, and a "Manhunter Pack" event. In the Strange Creature event, I've only seen a single one spawn, and if taken care of immediately poses no threat at all. It only becomes a threat if you leave it alone and get caught off guard. The manhunter pack is fairly dangerous if you try to take it head-on, but they'll starve to death in a few days if you leave them alone, assuming your colonists don't have mental breaks and accidentally kill themselves (and possibly others, if you have low health doors.)

I would honestly prefer if they spawned in a pack of 2-3 during the "Strange Creature" event, and if attacked it would enrage all nearby Dark Youngs. In this way, you would have to wait for them to separate before taking care of them, which could lead you to forget about it making them much more dangerous.

Shoggoths move slowly and are very vulnerable to concentrated fire. They seem easy to prepare for, but I've only had a single one spawn at a time.

Mi-Go are fairly dangerous without personal shields, and can drive a colony to the brink of madness very quickly. Without personal shields, they are a very dangerous foe. Their high damage and high numbers require tactical movement to avoid death.

Deep Ones seem to be the most dangerous and unreasonable cosmic horror in the pack. They're fast, they have very high damage, fairly high armor, and tons of health. They spawn in large groups, light things on fire, and kill everything in sight. Concentrated fire will not work, because they take out melee units without power armor in 1-3 hits. They also tear turrets to shreds.

At one point I started a tribal colony on Randy Random, and was raided 3 times by Deep One's before the end of the first year. The first raid only spawned one of them, the second raid the same, the third raid (when I made Pemmican) spawned 3 of them and I stood absolutely no chance. Maybe I'm just trying to deal with them wrong, but without cheesing them, I can't seem to ever fight them off.

Trigon

Man, waiting for "The Colour out of Space" event. That was one of my favorite short stories.