[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Cosmic Horrors 1.5.3 Updated

Options have been added to Cosmic Horrors!
Changes in 1.5.3

Now you can adjust how long until your first raid encounter.
Deep Ones have been slightly debuffed.
Chthonians now become aggressive and chase after your colonists when fired upon from far off range.
Dark Young can now spawn in groups.
Mood debuffs have been limited to a stack of 1 for observing cosmic horrors.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Quote from: WinterFlare on February 14, 2017, 06:30:18 PM
I just wanted to give my feedback on what I've experienced with the Cosmic Horror events and raids so far, ranking from the least dangerous to the most dangerous.
First and foremost, thank you for the feedback. =3

QuoteStar-Spawn of Cthulhu, N/A: I've only been attacked by these once, so I honestly can't say much about them. Only two spawned, and 2 improvised turrets and a few colonists beat them.

Agreed. These need to be updated with something special. I'm thinking of giving them their canonical ability to warp.

QuoteChthonian, fairly slow moving, only spawns alone in the pit, and doesn't attack/become maddened if it's out of range. Can be easily taken out with concentrated fire from 2-3 individuals. I've even killed them with 2-3 great bows, while 1-2 people have tanked the damage. I'm very much more afraid of mechanoid ships.
As per your suggestion, I increased their speed and made it so they would aggro attackers even at a long range.

QuoteStar Vampires, I've only seen spawn one at a time. The amount of time it gives me to prepare allows me to pull most of my colonists into a single group and take it out in 1-2 concentrated fire bursts.
I was worried about this! I lowered their warning time for the latest tweak for you.

QuoteDark Young: These seem to come in two forms, a "Strange Creature" event, and a "Manhunter Pack" event. In the Strange Creature event, I've only seen a single one spawn, and if taken care of immediately poses no threat at all. It only becomes a threat if you leave it alone and get caught off guard. The manhunter pack is fairly dangerous if you try to take it head-on, but they'll starve to death in a few days if you leave them alone, assuming your colonists don't have mental breaks and accidentally kill themselves (and possibly others, if you have low health doors.)
I would honestly prefer if they spawned in a pack of 2-3 during the "Strange Creature" event, and if attacked it would enrage all nearby Dark Youngs. In this way, you would have to wait for them to separate before taking care of them, which could lead you to forget about it making them much more dangerous.

I increased the minimum number to at least two spawning at once. Let me know if it's too much.

QuoteShoggoths move slowly and are very vulnerable to concentrated fire. They seem easy to prepare for, but I've only had a single one spawn at a time.
I'm not entirely sure how to increase their threat at this time.

QuoteMi-Go are fairly dangerous without personal shields, and can drive a colony to the brink of madness very quickly. Without personal shields, they are a very dangerous foe. Their high damage and high numbers require tactical movement to avoid death.
I'm glad they provide a challenge.

QuoteDeep Ones seem to be the most dangerous and unreasonable cosmic horror in the pack. They're fast, they have very high damage, fairly high armor, and tons of health. They spawn in large groups, light things on fire, and kill everything in sight. Concentrated fire will not work, because they take out melee units without power armor in 1-3 hits. They also tear turrets to shreds.

At one point I started a tribal colony on Randy Random, and was raided 3 times by Deep One's before the end of the first year. The first raid only spawned one of them, the second raid the same, the third raid (when I made Pemmican) spawned 3 of them and I stood absolutely no chance. Maybe I'm just trying to deal with them wrong, but without cheesing them, I can't seem to ever fight them off.

I've halved the armor of a standard deep one. Hopefully that should prevent them from completley tearing through your colonies. Sadly, I can't currently find a way to easily make it so they don't start fires. I'll keep looking into the issue though and I'll try and fix them for good in the coming weeks.

This is wonderful feedback. Thanks again.

jecrell

Straitjackets V1.1 Updated

Video preview of Straitjackets update.

New in this update:
Right click to restrain colonists in straitjackets.
Straitjackets cannot be removed normally, and they require another colonist to remove them by right clicking on them and using "Remove straitjacket" from the menu.

sefer

Thank you so much for uploading 1.5.8 to cosmic horrors on patreon. Now I can survive early game.

Crypt1cN1nja

Hi! The mod looks awesome, playing a cult was fun, but I wanted to ask/suggest something. I had encountered Inquisitors (My own colonists who turned against the cult), and wanted to really expand on that idea.

Can we get the option to form an Order of Inquisitors rather than a Cult? Can Inquisitors be added as a faction (or is the Agency already like this?)

I really would love to see an expansion on the premise that being a cult or an order of inquisitors costs you allies and enemies, and makes specific types of raids more common (Being a cult means being hunted, being an order means horrors unleashed on you). I would love to do a playthrough where I raid and destroy cult colonies, with an ending where my faction becomes a 40k-esque Ordo Hereticus.

HERESY!

jecrell

Quote from: Crypt1cN1nja on February 24, 2017, 04:01:22 AM
Hi! The mod looks awesome, playing a cult was fun, but I wanted to ask/suggest something. I had encountered Inquisitors (My own colonists who turned against the cult), and wanted to really expand on that idea.

Can we get the option to form an Order of Inquisitors rather than a Cult? Can Inquisitors be added as a faction (or is the Agency already like this?)

I really would love to see an expansion on the premise that being a cult or an order of inquisitors costs you allies and enemies, and makes specific types of raids more common (Being a cult means being hunted, being an order means horrors unleashed on you). I would love to do a playthrough where I raid and destroy cult colonies, with an ending where my faction becomes a 40k-esque Ordo Hereticus.

HERESY!

We have a Detectives expansion in the works. Inquisitions would be good fun as well. I'll probably get around to it sometime. =3

jecrell

Factions 1.8 Released
Major features:

• The Agency now has a custom faction base that loads when attacking them. They have a special internal storage room for artifacts that will be expanded in a later update.
  • The Agency now detects if you are a cult or not when they visit your base. Keep your research station and altars hidden from view.
  • Coastal Fishing Villages now always spawn by ocean tiles (finally).

Minor updates:

• Changed straw hat definitions
  • Fixed (remove this) references
  • Changing Coastal Fishing Village to Coastal Fishing Town
  • Changed fishing town icon
  • Added over one hundred new names to the name generator

https://www.patreon.com/posts/8240391/

EasyCo

My colony is full of cultists, and recently I managed to recruit an Agency member I'd taken prisoner. The only problem is that now every time she sees anything cult related, I get that warning message showing that the cult was discovered, and I also get an error message saying that the game tried to get the relation between my faction and my faction. Apparently the person I recruited is still registered to trigger that message whenever she sees something cult related, despite no longer being part of the Agency. And just to be clear, her cult-mindedness is not below the threshold or anything like that.

ChairmanPoo

Quote from: EasyCo on February 26, 2017, 06:30:10 PM
My colony is full of cultists, and recently I managed to recruit an Agency member I'd taken prisoner. The only problem is that now every time she sees anything cult related, I get that warning message showing that the cult was discovered, and I also get an error message saying that the game tried to get the relation between my faction and my faction. Apparently the person I recruited is still registered to trigger that message whenever she sees something cult related, despite no longer being part of the Agency. And just to be clear, her cult-mindedness is not below the threshold or anything like that.
memo: sacrifice captured agents

Duly noted!

Nanao-kun

Quote from: EasyCo on February 26, 2017, 06:30:10 PM

I've found that after they've been inducted into the cult, exiting the game and back fixes it.

jecrell

Factions 1.8.5 Bug fix update:

I've tested this on my end, and recruited agency people should no longer cause problems with faction discovery.
Also, the cult discovery description was fixed.

Thanks for your patience all.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/8240391

jecrell

Cosmic Horrors updated to 1.5.9.
Small bugfix for spoiler-related null exception regarding Chthonians.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/8150563

jecrell