[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

How do you make an offering? I selected the correct diety and amount but when I select the make an offering button, it gave me a message "Failed to find any offering". Do I have to setup a stockpile next to it or something?

jecrell

Quote from: henk on March 12, 2017, 09:40:07 AM
How do you make an offering? I selected the correct diety and amount but when I select the make an offering button, it gave me a message "Failed to find any offering". Do I have to setup a stockpile next to it or something?

It uses nutrition value and not the number of something.
So you might need to lower your offering amount to be able to make the offering.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

ChairmanPoo

Bugs:
- Elder Thing energy weapons research is avaiable to humans

Possible Bug: The comms console stopped working when you right-click. It starts working again after disabling the Elder Things mod.

And I get these messages in the debug console:
Exception filling window for Verse.FloatMenuMap: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.Building_CommsConsole.GetFloatMenuOptions (Verse.Pawn) <0x00812>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders_Patch1 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x04ab5>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch1 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00163>
at Verse.FloatMenuMap.DoWindowContents (UnityEngine.Rect) <0x000da>
at HugsLib.GuiInject.WindowDetour/<>c__DisplayClass1.<_WindowOnGUI>b__0 (int) <0x009e9>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

QuoteObject reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.Building_CommsConsole.GetFloatMenuOptions (Verse.Pawn) <0x00812>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddHumanlikeOrders_Patch1 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x04ab5>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch1 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00163>
at AchtungMod.Controller.MouseDown (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0011c>
at AchtungMod.Controller.HandleEvents () <0x00155>
at AchtungMod.MainTabsRoot_HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch.Prefix () <0x00015>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch1 (object) <0x00010>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x00101>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000b9>

jecrell

jecrell

Elder Things Faction 1.0.2 Update:

• Added caravans and traders to the Elder Things faction.
  • Fixed coms issue.

Dragev

I am absolutely loving this mod!  ;D Been a fan of the ol' gentleman from Providence for many years now and seeing his creations unleashed on my poor colonists or tribesmen is great!!  ;D

Just one thing, though; one of my guys managed to break the Grimoire (he's an idiot..) when he failed to build the altar (..a MASSIVE idiot), and now I can't build it any more. Is there any recipe, or any other way out of this?

ChairmanPoo

If you still have the monolith or the tree you can send someone to investigate it in order to get another grimoire.

PD:

I'm not sure whether this is intended behavior or not, but I'm getting Elder Thing caravans whose traders are unable to trade or, indeed, communicate, with my human (New Arrivals) colonists.

Also: Elder Thing lasgun research is still avaiable for humans.

ChairmanPoo

Correction: While you cannot trade with Elder things, they CAN interact with human colonists.

Indeed we could say that some people go native.

For the record, Brewer was human. But she had the background of an Elder Thing. I'm guessing she was adopted and never told of her parentage  :P

Tifarara Yi was straight out prsudaded to stay after a visit

vitorss

am I doing something wrong or is there a way to tweak the social debuffs? my whole colony hates my preacher cause of the "executed prisioner" debuff even though they're all cult minded.

Also, the sentimental sacrifices on Thoughts_Worship aren't triggering here, getting the vanilla buffs instead

ChairmanPoo

Psychology recognizes sacrifices as executions. It makes executioners less likeable.

vitorss

Makes sense, I guess I have to live with unlikeable executioners. Still the other buffs aren't kicking, no idea why

Sam Gray

Quote from: ChairmanPoo on March 14, 2017, 05:15:52 PM
Correction: While you cannot trade with Elder things, they CAN interact with human colonists.

Indeed we could say that some people go native.

For the record, Brewer was human. But she had the background of an Elder Thing. I'm guessing she was adopted and never told of her parentage  :P

Tifarara Yi was straight out prsudaded to stay after a visit

Had the same thing happen to my colony, an Elder Thing wanderer with human appearance.
I checked and Hospitality mod was causing it...maybe a fix later on?

jecrell

The Elder Things V1.0.3 Update:

• Updated version of Harmony to 1.0.9 pre-release.
  • Replaced thought for "ate corpse" to be far less harsh.
  • Added "husk" for decaying Elder Things to prevent bugs.

jecrell

Quote from: CyanSam on March 16, 2017, 06:24:40 AM
Had the same thing happen to my colony, an Elder Thing wanderer with human appearance.
I checked and Hospitality mod was causing it...maybe a fix later on?
How strange. I'll look into it.