[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Festen

Any idea on the update date for the A17 version of the game ?

jecrell

...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

kaptain_kavern

Hi Jecrell,

I would ask your permission to use some of your code (mostly the assembly) from refrigerator in order to make my storage mods have a refrigerated one. Back in A14/A15 I was using Vendan Rimfridge dll (with his permission).

Can you help me, please ?

I never had a chance to speak with you yet, so i'm doing it here. Great Great mods you made. Too much "non-Vanilla" for my taste but I can see when mods have content well thought  ;D

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

jecrell

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on May 26, 2017, 01:04:15 PM
Hi Jecrell,

I would ask your permission to use some of your code (mostly the assembly) from refrigerator in order to make my storage mods have a refrigerated one. Back in A14/A15 I was using Vendan Rimfridge dll (with his permission).

Can you help me, please ?

I never had a chance to speak with you yet, so i'm doing it here. Great Great mods you made. Too much "non-Vanilla" for my taste but I can see when mods have content well thought  ;D

You are welcome to use it my good man! Let me know if you need any help. I'm always available.

kaptain_kavern

You, sir, are a great man.

I will beholden to you

/bow

I will call for help if needed. Many many thanks

Mitz

i just gotta say, the storyteller works (mostly) fine, though probably slightly broken on some challenge, if you just change the version from A16 to A17. just wanted to say for any passerby.
not going to upload it or anything, that's rude.
a makeshift A17 version for download would be nice
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

jecrell

Quote from: Mitz on May 27, 2017, 04:20:05 PM
i just gotta say, the storyteller works (mostly) fine, though probably slightly broken on some challenge, if you just change the version from A16 to A17. just wanted to say for any passerby.
not going to upload it or anything, that's rude.
a makeshift A17 version for download would be nice

Oh certainly my good man. I'm just going to hold off until I've got him nice and ready. He's getting retooled and redone in a nice way. Currently I've got him set up to do "omens" that prelude the big threat events. Just a nice touch to the storyteller to give it a bit more Lovecraftian development. Also events actually spike up in difficulty a bit more than other storytellers per each big threat.

I'd welcome other suggestions.

Canute

Ok, i don't read any lovecraft novells so far.
These cosmic horror creates comes from outer space or other dimension, so they need a way to get to Rimworld.
I think thats a portal or rift that open from time to time.

Do you know the wave storyteller ? Why not doing something similar for these big threats.
Somewhere on the map will open these portal and release the creatures.
Now you have some research projects
- existence of portal, show you the position of the next incomming portal.
- Further understanding of portals, show you the time until the portal get opened.
- Portal engineiring, allow you to raid an cosmic horror outpost. But i think then you need to add some cosmic goodies so it is worth.
Or it is a preventiv raid to attack the incoming raid, since the creatures arn't prepared you need to fight against a lower thread.
- Portal mastery, you can open portals to any world tile, like transport pods.

ArthoriusBalen

I'm having a ton of red messages with the last JecsTools update :/

Canute

1. this isn't the jecstools thread
2. you should post the output_log.txt, hugslib link or a screenshot of these errors at last.

ArthoriusBalen

Sorry, I'll be clearer:
1) Call of Cthulhu - Cults A17 ::::NOW REQUIRES JECSTOOLS:::: - In the previous version of JECSTOOLS, the mod worked without error. But only now, in the last update, the mod doesnt even start. I tested the mod just with HubsLib, Jecstools and Call of Cthulhu - Cults A17, and I get the same error. So, the mod NEEDS Jecstools, but with it, the mod dosent work.
2) Is this happening to someone else or just to my game?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ArthoriusBalen

Ok! So now i installed Industrial Age Object Pack A17 and the game works like a charm! No more red messages!

SurrealSadi

Okay. So. I have the mods loaded in this order: Core, JecsTools, Call of Cthulhu Cults, Call of Cthulhu Industrial Age. I have turned off all my other mods. I get a massive number of red error messages. I've attached a text file from the debug error list that came up. I am very confused.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]