[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsebseb

With Arachnophobia I get this error every now and then as I play:
ROMA_SpiderRaceGiant11149 did TryFindLastCellBeforeDoor but found none when it should have been one. Target: Cocoon

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

RemingtonRyder

Hey Jecrell, just wanted to stop by and say congrats on paying the rent. :)

jecrell

Quote from: MarvinKosh on June 24, 2017, 01:28:28 PM
Hey Jecrell, just wanted to stop by and say congrats on paying the rent. :)

Bless you sir. =D

Quote from: mrsebseb on June 24, 2017, 08:58:37 AM
With Arachnophobia I get this error every now and then as I play:
ROMA_SpiderRaceGiant11149 did TryFindLastCellBeforeDoor but found none when it should have been one. Target: Cocoon

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

I just fixed this in the latest version -- speaking of~~
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Arachnophobia Update

• Spiders now seek out the nearest "appropriate" cocoons to consume.
  • Russian translation updated and properly credited to kr33man.
  • Players can now click the "crossed into web" warning to zoom to the character who crossed into the web.
  • Changed the web leavings to very rarely leave a mess of cobwebs.
  • Removed strange "doors" error.

MCreeper

I fear i have semi-mod-breaking bug. Researched "Probe occult dieties", get Hastur, adter a while and lag-causing amounts of blood decided that i need more dieties. Researched probing again, but it didn't give any dieties and labeled researched as "complete". I resreareched normal tech, hoping that will reset it, but nope, it didn't. And now i can't have any dieties except Hastur. What the heel it is, and how i can fix it without starting new game?
EDIT: Oh, and when i enable development mode, i get this:

Get it mid-game just after loading. Numbers of last string increases infinitely in real-time.
Have strange fealing it's because i did something horribly wrong with mods, but i didin't.
And there are minor glitch with cult - it makes you chose cult name, but not settlement name, andbecause of it default save name is always "new arrivals"

jecrell

Quote from: MCreeper on June 26, 2017, 06:22:17 AM
Get it mid-game just after loading. Numbers of last string increases infinitely in real-time.
Have strange fealing it's because i did something horribly wrong with mods, but i didin't.
And there are minor glitch with cult - it makes you chose cult name, but not settlement name, andbecause of it default save name is always "new arrivals"
Recreate the error and please send your output_log.txt file.
Also, I recommend using HugsLib -- it adds a very user friendly button to that debug log to allow you to quickly share your bugs with me (and other modders).

MCreeper

mrsebseb

Not sure if I accidentally messed up the load order when I added the update to Arachnophobia (as I updated a few other things as well) but I\m still getting errors:

ROMA_SpiderRace61649 started 10 jobs in one tick. newJob=ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848 jobGiver=Arachnophobia.JobGiver_GetFoodSpider jobList=(ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848) (ROMA_ConsumeCocoon A=Thing_ROMA_Cocoon61848)  lastJobGiver=Arachnophobia.JobGiver_GetFoodSpider
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob(Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Arachnophobia.JobDriver_ConsumeCocoon:<MakeNewToils>b__10_0()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob(Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Arachnophobia.PawnWebSpinner:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

and

ROMA_SpiderRace61649 started 10 jobs in one tick. newJob=Wait jobGiver= jobList=(Wait) (Wait) (Wait) (Wait) (Wait) (Wait) (Wait) (Wait) (Wait) (Wait) (Wait)  lastJobGiver=
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherFailed()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherFailed()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:StartPath_Patch1(Object, LocalTargetInfo, PathEndMode)
Verse.AI.<GotoThing>c__AnonStorey4F2:<>m__7DA()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Arachnophobia.PawnWebSpinner:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I tested a bit as I figured it might be an issue with another mod, however so far it only happens with the spiders. So I'm posting here. It happens in intervals: at first there's nothing. Then it spams errors for a while, followed by a quiet period.

AngleWyrm

One of my researchers just went into a frenzy of cryptic writing at the whisperings from beyond, and created some evil tomb of cult witchery.

A new research table and a tree of possibilities beckon like unwrapped presents
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SNKcell

After killing a spider queen, the spiderlings came without attacking, stayed on map and after a while, the game bug out and all spiderlings went "standing" and had to god mode killed them to free the game

Pretty nice stuff lol

SurrealSadi

So you know, Jecrell, spiders that hatch from eggsacks of Tamed spiders? They're wild, not tame, unlike with other egg-types(fowl, reptile). Wondering if that's intended, or a bug.

Canute

Unlike humanoid kids, spiderlings don't listen to their breeder, they eat them ! :-)

DikFuk

Whenever a visitor is killed by a spider, the colony receives relationship hit with the faction of the victim. Is this intended as wild animals doing wild animal things in vanilla do not affect the faction relationships iirc.

I used dev console to recreate the situation, but it also happens in normal gameplay situations with all factions.

Canute

Quote from: DikFuk on June 27, 2017, 04:24:13 PM
Whenever a visitor is killed by a spider, the colony receives relationship hit with the faction of the victim. Is this intended as wild animals doing wild animal things in vanilla do not affect the faction relationships iirc.

I used dev console to recreate the situation, but it also happens in normal gameplay situations with all factions.
Yep, thats vanilla bahavior, you need to take care of your visitors.
Doesn't matter who kills them, wild animals, raider,spiders or mechanoids YOU allways get blamed for this.
With hospitality mod you have the option to send your visitors away.

wwWraith

Looks like I've got a problem with HP Lovecraft Storyteller. After some time passed ingame (like a half a year, if it may matter), it begins to spawn raids probably infinitely. I mean when it fires a raid and some raiders come then after about a second new raid appears, from the same faction and in the same place (but not always with the same tactics), and third raid after a next second, and so on. I hope it's not intended, I just like your idea with omens, I don't want to lose my colony in such a miserable way :D As a workaround I managed to switch to other storyteller when I got the raid and after a second to switch back, then there are no continued spawns until next incident.

And also in Arachnophobia tamed spiders seem to ignore area restrictions when hauling their cocoons.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.