[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luckspeare

InfinityKage

Quote from: Luckspeare on September 28, 2017, 04:33:14 AM
Do werewolves infect others with the werewolf trait?

I don't think so. Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure not.

wedekit

I know these mods are all part of an overall package, but I wish they all had their own threads to focus the discussions. I'm not gonna go through 40 pages of forum posts to see if my werewolf and cult question(s) were answered elsewhere, so here we go.

First of all, anyone who isn't inspired and impressed by Jec's mods is lying. So, with that in mind, on to my post...

Cults

• I feel like keeping things vague is a tendency of this modding community, and laying out mechanics of mods isn't smiled on. However, I think one thing that would be helpful is a little more information regarding cult performance. I did get a random tip that said wearing appropriate garb to rituals would increase performance. I'll admit I poked through the coding (which took forever because I don't really know C#) and there is clearly a bit more to the formula than wearing robes. The presence of statues (do they need to be adjacent, in the "viewing" window in front of the altar, or what?), if the deity prefers altars inside or outside, the kris (sacrificial dagger), I saw a mention of pews (but couldn't tell what they were doing), etc. I would have never thought to address any of these things unless I looked at the code. Perhaps some more flavor text/feedback at rituals to indicate if the deity is pleased on the various levels. "[blank] is disappointed by the absence of idols."
  • Back to the code, there's an indicator of whether the "stars are right" or not. Is this just flavor text for a bad RNG roll, or is the day actually a predefined thing? Perhaps a way to offer a sacrifice to see if the stars are right would add a little more depth to that.
  • What the hell does transmogrifying my pet actually do? All I could tell was that my muffalo's texture changed... that's about it.

Cosmic Horrors

• Others have mentioned that the horrors don't seem to be all that difficult. I am on the fence about it... especially for the reason below
  • Since I've installed this mod, all my raids have been Cosmic Horrors. And this is hours of gameplay. So, basically, I have yet to use a human sacrifice because I just get monsters. And the fact they tend to swarm means I spend most of my time burning their ridiculous number of corpses... otherwise I'd have to deal with the inevitable debuff of people witnessing a horror. So their priority in the raid list (if that is even such a thing) really needs to be toned down, in my opinion.
  • Dark Young are the bane of my existence. As soon as I kill one batch, another group spawns shortly after. They keep away from my base... until they don't and I'm getting stomped by them. There's no point actively trying to eradicate them because they'll just be back. All my colonists pretty much now have an artificial limb of some sort because they seem to be really good at destroying them. I don't really have a suggestion on what to do about this. Perhaps being high in favor of a deity keeps their cosmic horrors at bay?

Werewolf

• Has anyone found a decent way to keep the full moons tolerable? I know you can deactivate them, but I still need to level all the forms of my guy. I used to just send the werewolf as far away from my base as I could but they still managed to break down a few doors. Movement bonus and all that... (Plus you have to send them back to the spot and have them reequip all their gear). I made a small room two (granite) walls thick and with hallway with 5 granite doors and they usually don't make it through all 5. Wondering if anyone has come up with anything better? And that doesn't waste so much granite blocks.
  • I see damage immunity mentioned (only in the context of silver bypassing it), but it is never properly defined anywhere. I have yet to fight anyone in werewolf form and be immune to any kind of damage. Is it just a heavy damage reduction or what? It's hard to tell because they get a huge boost in health as well for being in form.
  • Any good use for the Glabro form? I see it has a learning factor of 2.0... Supposed to be a "work" form or...? It's the only form without a passive bonus listed.

Canute

MCreeper

Transomgrifying pet increases his hp. Don't know how base HP and being liked by Jecrell changes this, but my black cat(same hp as ordinary cat) get almost 2x HP of a human.

wedekit

Quote from: MCreeper on October 06, 2017, 03:59:01 AM
Transomgrifying pet increases his hp. Don't know how base HP and being liked by Jecrell changes this, but my black cat(same hp as ordinary cat) get almost 2x HP of a human.

Imagine my frustration when my muffalo gets picked for the spell when I've got three thrumbo in the same pen! ;) Thanks for the reply. I finally found the code for it using the info you gave me. Here's what I gathered:

• Adds "monstrous brain" (+0.2 manipulaiton; 1.1 efficiency)
  • Adds "abnormal heart"  (+0.2 manipulation; 1.1 efficiency; adds 15 damage melee attack...)
  • Changes intelligence to "tool user"... which is interesting but not sure what it does. Mechanoids are considered "tool users"... humanlikes have "humanlike" intelligence (surprise). The only unique thing I can think about regarding mechanoids is that they can use weapons...
  • They become strict carnivores
  • They become predators
  • Life expectancy +50
  • Body size +1.0
  • Health scale +0.5
  • Hunger Rate +0.1

Quote from: Canute on October 06, 2017, 03:30:29 AM
Hey wedekit,
maybe you should visit jecrell at his discord channel ! :-)
https://discord.gg/AaVFA7V

I'm sure he has better things to do than to listen to me. ;)

Luckspeare

With the werewolves, a closed door policy is just as good as an open door policy.  Wall that mf in and deconstruct the walls when his little fit is over.  Sometimes they will try to dig their way out, but other times they'll get bored and start polishing the floors and walls or something.

(I had the walls and floors designated for polishing, so imagine my surprise when my werewolf threw up his paws, said, hrm, no one to kill, might as well do some interior redecorating.)

Right before the full moon, go all E.A. Poe on his ass -- get that little bastard a cask of fine Amontillado and tell him to have a drink in that room for a bit.

EDIT: You know what would be cool -- if you could guaranteed satisfy the werewolves by locking them in the room with a domestic animal or something, and once they've killed and eaten it their frenzy abates.

Hey, it works with my wife.  No respect, I tell you.

wedekit

Quote from: Luckspeare on October 06, 2017, 11:16:46 AM
With the werewolves, a closed door policy is just as good as an open door policy.  Wall that mf in and deconstruct the walls when his little fit is over.  Sometimes they will try to dig their way out, but other times they'll get bored and start polishing the floors and walls or something.

(I had the walls and floors designated for polishing, so imagine my surprise when my werewolf threw up his paws, said, hrm, no one to kill, might as well do some interior redecorating.)

Right before the full moon, go all E.A. Poe on his ass -- get that little bastard a cask of fine Amontillado and tell him to have a drink in that room for a bit.

EDIT: You know what would be cool -- if you could guaranteed satisfy the werewolves by locking them in the room with a domestic animal or something, and once they've killed and eaten it their frenzy abates.

Hey, it works with my wife.  No respect, I tell you.

Lol! And yeah, I'll have to give that a shot.

I'm also intrigued by the idea of letting him have a fresh kill to sate him. I'm fairly certain he operates on Sapper AI... He skips both of my kill boxes and beelines straight for the nearest bed. So it surprises me yours doesn't immediately try and dig through the walls of your room!

I have the Force mod as well... next I think I'm going to try and mind trick him and see if he goes passive... Don't know why I didn't think to do that before. It's basically how I kill Dark Young when they pop. Just take my Jedi with a nice assault rifle, bait it away from the group, passify it, shoot it dead.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

wedekit

Quote from: wedekit on October 06, 2017, 09:14:57 AM
Quote from: MCreeper on October 06, 2017, 03:59:01 AM

Imagine my frustration when my muffalo gets picked for the spell when I've got three thrumbo in the same pen! ;) Thanks for the reply. I finally found the code for it using the info you gave me. Here's what I gathered:

• Adds "monstrous brain" (+0.2 manipulaiton; 1.1 efficiency)
  • Adds "abnormal heart"  (+0.2 manipulation; 1.1 efficiency; adds 15 damage melee attack...)
  • Changes intelligence to "tool user"... which is interesting but not sure what it does. Mechanoids are considered "tool users"... humanlikes have "humanlike" intelligence (surprise). The only unique thing I can think about regarding mechanoids is that they can use weapons...
  • They become strict carnivores
  • They become predators
  • Life expectancy +50
  • Body size +1.0
  • Health scale +0.5
  • Hunger Rate +0.1

Just to clarify, I did my own investigation outside of the code and the only thing that seems to happen is an huge increase in size. No monstrous organs, increase in life span, tooluser intelligence, etc. Not sure if it's a bug or just not what Jec decided to end up going with.

jecrell

Werewolves - 10-20-17 - CompAbilityUser Update

Fixed blood loss issue.
Fixed various apparel drop related issues.
Updated a lot of code to reflect new ability user code from JecsTools.

Call of Cthulhu - Cults - CompAbilityUser Update

Updated to match the new code used from JecsTools.
Changed code for gathering to worship and gathering to sacrifice to be more efficient and easy to cancel.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

N23

Quote from: jecrell on October 31, 2017, 02:05:15 PM
Announcing the release of...

Stay safe. Keep your necks protected out there.

Download
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15141867
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1187010034

Doesn't work. All colonist, animals and beast are gone.
But i like the idea of Vamps. You really should put more info about what it does and what it can do. Just a tip. greets

Benis

Quote from: jecrell on October 31, 2017, 02:05:15 PM
Announcing the release of...

Stay safe. Keep your necks protected out there.
AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAAH
I guess I know what I'm doing while I wait for my modlist to become A18 compatible.

klun