[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techgenius

Quote from: jecrell on October 31, 2017, 02:05:15 PM
Announcing the release of...

Stay safe. Keep your necks protected out there.

Download
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15141867
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1187010034

I love you. But Oooooooh man, I love you so much.

My life is now complete. Be jealous folks! that's all I never needed right there.

DiamondBorne

HOREY SHET!! We now have Frankenstein(Courtesy of EPOE), Werewolves and then Vampires!. What will you thought up next? Creature from the Black Lagoon or Lich(Undead and Mummies)?

jecrell

Vampires Updated -- 11 times since the last post.

1.17.0.11 11/5/17
==============
-Fixed right click use item issues.
-Updated The Beast code.
-Tweaked War Form and Abyssal Arm graphics.
-Vampires should no longer throw errors during lovin'.
-Vampire should no longer throw errors during parties, weddings, and social gatherings.
-Abyssal arms no longer slaughterable.
-Zulo, Spectrals, Mists, Abyssal arms should no longer be encounterable adversaries in the wild from manhunter attacks.
-Russian translation updated

11/5/17  v1.17.0.10  - Thaumaturgy's spells Blood Strike and Blood Salvo no longer throw null reference errors.
11-4-17 v1.17.0.9  - Vampires (Vs) no longer lose blood from natural combat attacks or losing limbs. Vs are now immune to most (vanilla RimWorld) diseases and poisons. Vs capacities screen now explains inactive capacities. Vs are no longer affected by high/low temperatures. Vs now start with ((Vampiric Healing)) and ((Regenerate Limb)) abilities. Blood Shields now disappear after a duration (for balance purposes). Vs should not make "breath" motes during the winter season, as they do not need to breathe.
11-4-17 v1.17.0.8 - Blood points now regenerate every 24 hours (fixed again).
11-4-17 v1.17.0.7  - Blood now regenerates properly every day for mortals and vampires lose points every day. Vampire beds now give comfort properly. Drafted vampires interrupted from sleep lose one point of blood. Vampires during character creation now show their vampire clan's description, starting disciplines, and starting blood points. Russian translation fixes.
11-3-17 v1.17.0.6 - Fixed issue with Vs starting with high levels and added Russian translation by fr33man.
11-3-17 v1.17.0.5 - Vampires (Vs) have have easier selection on the character select screen, no longer invisible on the select screen, Vs on character select screens can have very high ages without side effects (bad back, frail, etc) or white hair color, Vs no longer spawn with groups during the daylight hours. Vs should no longer naturally path outside (unless they are pathing between buildings -- to be fixed later). V prisoners no longer throw errors.
11-2-17 v1.17.0.4 - Colonists now regenerate blood properly.
11-2-17 v1.17.0.3 - Fixed Pijavica abilities -- now they display correctly.
11-2-17. v1.17.0.2 - Added EdB Prepare Carefully Options & Fixed a leveling issue.
11-1-17 v1.17.0.1 - Dub's Bad Hygiene compatible and XP save fix.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

klun

I notice a couple of things

1)while using vampires mod even with the lastest patches that you released on steam. Launching edb  shows a couple of times that some features couldnt be activated specially while loading presets it says pls check that the mod was active ( it was active).
Everything else works fine, including werewolfs or thirst.

2)I didnt notice the first time that I played but after that every trait of the vampire shows as disabled (Antediluvian,vampire 10th generation and so on) dunno if its bugged, intented or there is away to activate since I couldnt any mod options like arachnophobia

And finally  I know that you are probably to busy in your projects but
since the mod is so vast and I have so little time, do you have any plan to release a guide or quick resume for every disease and difference between generations (traits) ?

thats all, thank you.

MCreeper

Traits are disabled, vampirism is disease now.
Generation (currently?) doesn't affect anything, except max amount of vitae.
List of abilities is somewhere on Jecrell's patreon.

klun

Quote from: MCreeper on November 04, 2017, 05:49:18 PM
Traits are disabled, vampirism is disease now.
Generation (currently?) doesn't affect anything, except max amount of vitae.
List of abilities is somewhere on Jecrell's patreon.
Im gonna check it out, thanks.

Kruniac

What are the chances of getting a Combat Extended compatibility patch for Werewolves (and Vampires if they use special claws/verbs/whatever)?

I was peering through the xmls and I can't just change verbs to the CE ones, as CE isn't referenced (and it looks like you give your verbs in your own way anyway).

At the very least, all claw/bite attacks from Werewolves/Vampires should have the appropriate armor penetration.

Benis

jecrell

I would have never thought to do that! How fun.
I'll have to disable that somehow.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Canute

Igams

Quote from: wedekit on October 06, 2017, 12:43:33 AM
I know these mods are all part of an overall package, but I wish they all had their own threads to focus the discussions. I'm not gonna go through 40 pages of forum posts to see if my werewolf and cult question(s) were answered elsewhere, so here we go.

First of all, anyone who isn't inspired and impressed by Jec's mods is lying. So, with that in mind, on to my post...

Cults

• I feel like keeping things vague is a tendency of this modding community, and laying out mechanics of mods isn't smiled on. However, I think one thing that would be helpful is a little more information regarding cult performance. I did get a random tip that said wearing appropriate garb to rituals would increase performance. I'll admit I poked through the coding (which took forever because I don't really know C#) and there is clearly a bit more to the formula than wearing robes. The presence of statues (do they need to be adjacent, in the "viewing" window in front of the altar, or what?), if the deity prefers altars inside or outside, the kris (sacrificial dagger), I saw a mention of pews (but couldn't tell what they were doing), etc. I would have never thought to address any of these things unless I looked at the code. Perhaps some more flavor text/feedback at rituals to indicate if the deity is pleased on the various levels. "[blank] is disappointed by the absence of idols."
  • Back to the code, there's an indicator of whether the "stars are right" or not. Is this just flavor text for a bad RNG roll, or is the day actually a predefined thing? Perhaps a way to offer a sacrifice to see if the stars are right would add a little more depth to that.
  • What the hell does transmogrifying my pet actually do? All I could tell was that my muffalo's texture changed... that's about it.

Cosmic Horrors

• Others have mentioned that the horrors don't seem to be all that difficult. I am on the fence about it... especially for the reason below
  • Since I've installed this mod, all my raids have been Cosmic Horrors. And this is hours of gameplay. So, basically, I have yet to use a human sacrifice because I just get monsters. And the fact they tend to swarm means I spend most of my time burning their ridiculous number of corpses... otherwise I'd have to deal with the inevitable debuff of people witnessing a horror. So their priority in the raid list (if that is even such a thing) really needs to be toned down, in my opinion.
  • Dark Young are the bane of my existence. As soon as I kill one batch, another group spawns shortly after. They keep away from my base... until they don't and I'm getting stomped by them. There's no point actively trying to eradicate them because they'll just be back. All my colonists pretty much now have an artificial limb of some sort because they seem to be really good at destroying them. I don't really have a suggestion on what to do about this. Perhaps being high in favor of a deity keeps their cosmic horrors at bay?

Werewolf

• Has anyone found a decent way to keep the full moons tolerable? I know you can deactivate them, but I still need to level all the forms of my guy. I used to just send the werewolf as far away from my base as I could but they still managed to break down a few doors. Movement bonus and all that... (Plus you have to send them back to the spot and have them reequip all their gear). I made a small room two (granite) walls thick and with hallway with 5 granite doors and they usually don't make it through all 5. Wondering if anyone has come up with anything better? And that doesn't waste so much granite blocks.
  • I see damage immunity mentioned (only in the context of silver bypassing it), but it is never properly defined anywhere. I have yet to fight anyone in werewolf form and be immune to any kind of damage. Is it just a heavy damage reduction or what? It's hard to tell because they get a huge boost in health as well for being in form.
  • Any good use for the Glabro form? I see it has a learning factor of 2.0... Supposed to be a "work" form or...? It's the only form without a passive bonus listed.

Thanks for the info. I'm also wondering about the silver and damage immunity thing. I want to use a combination of Jecs mods including the werewolf/vampire mods with the medieval times/edition mods so I can play something like a medieval era World of Darkness campaign but I'm worried I won't be able to kill werewolves since I won't have access to power to build a machining table and therefore silver. Let me know if you find anything out about that damage immunity please.

DiamondBorne

Even with the bare minimum amount of mods i still got these error specifically from Vampires mod:

RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

Exception parsing <li>ROMV_LightWeightHediff</li> to type Verse.HediffWithComps: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.HediffWithComps from "ROMV_LightWeightHediff" ---> System.ArgumentException: Trying to parse to unknown data type HediffWithComps. Content is 'ROMV_LightWeightHediff'.
  at Verse.ParseHelper.FromString (System.String str, System.Type itemType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Exception parsing <li>ROMV_FortitudeIHediff</li> to type Verse.HediffWithComps: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.HediffWithComps from "ROMV_FortitudeIHediff" ---> System.ArgumentException: Trying to parse to unknown data type HediffWithComps. Content is 'ROMV_FortitudeIHediff'.
  at Verse.ParseHelper.FromString (System.String str, System.Type itemType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception parsing <li>ROMV_FortitudeIIHediff</li> to type Verse.HediffWithComps: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.HediffWithComps from "ROMV_FortitudeIIHediff" ---> System.ArgumentException: Trying to parse to unknown data type HediffWithComps. Content is 'ROMV_FortitudeIIHediff'.

Exception parsing <li>ROMV_FortitudeIIIHediff</li> to type Verse.HediffWithComps: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.HediffWithComps from "ROMV_FortitudeIIIHediff" ---> System.ArgumentException: Trying to parse to unknown data type HediffWithComps. Content is 'ROMV_FortitudeIIIHediff'.

Exception parsing <li>ROMV_FortitudeIVHediff</li> to type Verse.HediffWithComps: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.HediffWithComps from "ROMV_FortitudeIVHediff" ---> System.ArgumentException: Trying to parse to unknown data type HediffWithComps. Content is 'ROMV_FortitudeIVHediff'.

Exception parsing <li>ROMV_PotenceIHediff</li> to type Verse.HediffWithComps: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.HediffWithComps from "ROMV_PotenceIHediff" ---> System.ArgumentException: Trying to parse to unknown data type HediffWithComps. Content is 'ROMV_PotenceIHediff'.

Exception parsing <li>ROMV_PotenceIIHediff</li> to type Verse.HediffWithComps: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.HediffWithComps from "ROMV_PotenceIIHediff" ---> System.ArgumentException: Trying to parse to unknown data type HediffWithComps. Content is 'ROMV_PotenceIIHediff'.

Exception parsing <li>ROMV_PotenceIIIHediff</li> to type Verse.HediffWithComps: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.HediffWithComps from "ROMV_PotenceIIIHediff" ---> System.ArgumentException: Trying to parse to unknown data type HediffWithComps. Content is 'ROMV_PotenceIIIHediff'.

Exception parsing <li>ROMV_PotenceIVHediff</li> to type Verse.HediffWithComps: System.ArgumentException: Exception parsing Verse.HediffWithComps from "ROMV_PotenceIVHediff" ---> System.ArgumentException: Trying to parse to unknown data type HediffWithComps. Content is 'ROMV_PotenceIVHediff'.

I'm using the A17b version with:
MOD-E
Core
Hugslib
Jecstools
Modswitch
RuntimeGC
Humaniod Alien Race 2.0
All of your Rim of Madness expansion except Elder things which gives off similar error after i updated the latest version of Jecstools and Star Wars force.

Benis

Quote from: jecrell on November 07, 2017, 08:26:39 PM
I would have never thought to do that! How fun.
I'll have to disable that somehow.

In that case, here's another one that's rather more exploit-y. Summon a tentacle for one blood and suck two more out of it. ??? Estelle is a naughty woman.

EDIT: And this apparently preserves the tentacle corpse instead of its usual poofing away at the end of its duration. I can't say I was expecting the reveal that Attila was a grizzly in disguise.

Mitz

It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

just_a_random

hi, im having two small problems, and i donĀ“t know if they are intended or bugs, 1st my converted vampire (prisioner i gave vampirism) doesnt move from the sun when starts getting burned so i have him incapacitated half of the time. 2nd when one of the vampires enters on The Beast doesnt move just stands there.