[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Yes, I thought that pawns get a huge mood debuff for seeing a sermon for a cult they are not a member of?

Canute

Maybe you jump on discord and ask jecrell self if this is a bug or feature.
But i think it's more a planned thing, since at previously version some nasty things happen to visitors and attackers while a sermon.

Call me Arty

Since Vampires is in the same thread as Elder Things and Cosmic Horrors, shouldn't there be more consideration for their. . . "diet"? Afterall, the blood in the Elder Things is called "Vile Liquid", and if the meat from the creatures causes insanity, wouldn't the blood do the same?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

TerrorThomasCao

I've been banging my head against the wall for a while but I still can't figure out how to transport PRISONER vampires. Can't caravan them since they're not in a casket/coffin but I can't stuff them in there since they're a prisoner :\
Plz help...

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on January 30, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
I've been banging my head against the wall for a while but I still can't figure out how to transport PRISONER vampires. Can't caravan them since they're not in a casket/coffin but I can't stuff them in there since they're a prisoner :\
Plz help...

Maybe with the mod Simple Slavery it will help. With that mod, you can put a slave ring around a prisoners' neck, and then you can control them like you would a regular pawn. I haven't tried this out yet ingame, but I was reading about others using this I think for the human sacrifices as well, which is what I plan on probably doing too.

AllenWL

I'm trying to make a 'worthy' offering in my cult, but it keeps on telling me that it couldn't find the ingredients for the offering.
The alter says you need 50 nutrients, which, by my calculations, I have(1000 meat), and it's in stockpiles too.
I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Canute

Maybe just start with a smaller offering and look what the pawn is carry to the altar.
And btw. i think offering arn't worth it. You just gain standing with the deity. Daily sermon give less standing but increase the akzeptance of the cult thats why i prefer them.

knainoa

Quote from: Canute on January 30, 2018, 02:12:56 PM
And why do you think they should attend them ?
They removed or fixed that that non colony pawn want to attend them with the B18 version.

Thanks for the info, took a long break from the game. Bummer, I kind of liked making huge temples where visitors would see the eldritch truth and try to end my colony.

Dargaron

So, I've been trying to use the Lovecraft storyteller, and a lot of the features are pretty neat (I only just recently noticed that pawns with Bloodlust actually like the bloodmoon!) However, there are some oddities that don't seem to have been mentioned earlier in the thread:

-Your pawns get a negative mood for the Bloodmoon, even if they haven't been outside since the event started: I had a cleaner who is literally restricted to indoor areas except for the rare times I draft them to get rid of Cabin Fever, and she still has the -10 mood penalty.

-The implementation of the Mist Stalkers seems...really odd. I got a Manhunter Pack of Mist Stalkers (which, fortunately, despawned almost instantly), which probably shouldn't happen. Also, they do odd things like track blood around. Finally, they seems to add Insanity at an enormous rate: in the course of walking 25 tiles (from one side of my base to the other), my primary pawn can go from Sanity Loss (Initial) to Sanity Loss (Major). That seems a little extreme, especially with the -10 Something in the Mist debuff as well. None of the other events added by this storyteller are even close to this punishing.

Would it make more sense if The Mist was based on Toxic Fallout, only adding to the Insanity Hedef instead of Toxicity?

-On a related note: the AI caravans/visitors have NO IDEA how to deal with many of the Lovecraft Events. The Mist is, again, a serious offender: AI caravans will stand in the middle of Mist until the chain-Berserks start. The AI will normally leave the map if they start suffering Hypothermia or Toxic Fallout; maybe they should similarly leave the map if they start suffering sanity damage?

As a stopgap measure, does anyone know of a mod that allows me to tell visitors/caravans to GTFO? That would also be useful in non-Lovecraft conditions (when I'm being swarmed by a Squirrel manhunter pack, for example).

Jackalvin

Sorry for not going on the discord for this (my account isn't working with me), Jecs Tools doesn't work. At all. A modlist of core hugslib and Jecs Tools swamped me with errors. I'll copy the logs by tomorrow, I cannot do it right now. Any ideas on the problem?
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Canute

When you get get errors with just these 3 mods, you should check if you got the right version for your rimworld.
Then check if you installed them correct.

You shouldn't have any errors with just these 3 mods.

Jackalvin

I'm quite sure I'm on B18. I'll check once I have the time. It's very strange. One day it was working with A Rimworld Of Magic, then I just couldn't use Jecs tools, even with 3 mods.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Harry_Dicks

I think what we're saying is, you shouldn't have errors with only Core, HugsLibs, JecsTools. I would say there is a 99% chance you have a wrong version downloaded if you are getting errors with just those 3, or maybe trying to load one of them before Core, or something else that keeps getting easily overlooked. Either way, those 3 by themselves work for fine for essentially everyone else. So if you are having issues with just those going, then the issue is probably not those mods, but maybe something else entirely, and I would recommend just starting with a clean, fresh download and install, of not only RimWorld but also the few mods you do use.

Jackalvin

-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Canute

Glad we could confuse you more to clear you problems ! :-)