[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sephirothsrose

Quote from: Canute on March 25, 2018, 06:14:24 PM
You just need jecstools and vampire mod.
But without error log, it is hard to say what's wrong.
look at point 4. and 5. from
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0
thanks, I'll try get a list of the mods I currently have atm, sadly I can't give an error message as it doesn't throw one, the screen just goes grey but I can still see my pawns up on the top of the screen and the one that was bitten turns red, I'll need to wait though as my man is currently using the laptop that has it installed :)

Canute

Open the option, enable developer mode.
Then some icon's appear on top. The left icon will open the error window.
You should try it next time the screen goes grey.
And the error log is allways writen even when there arn't error's poping up. And i bet with the grey screen there are some errors.

Usagi.San

Vampire permanent stuck when trying to "eat" and constantly spam red's
Exception ticking Helene: System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
at System.Nullable`1<single>.get_Value () <0x00041>
at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.UpdateColonistStats () <0x01e8b>
at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.CheckStats () <0x00087>
at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.CompTick () <0x00087>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () <0x00048>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00069>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate_Patch0(Object)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Canute

I think that conflict more with ColonistBarKF then vampire.
Since vampire don't need to eat, ColonistBarKF don't recognize it.

Usagi.San

Quote from: Canute on April 02, 2018, 10:10:48 AM
I think that conflict more with ColonistBarKF then vampire.
Since vampire don't need to eat, ColonistBarKF don't recognize it.
OMG THX! Why am i so blind? Is there a way to fix it btw, cause ColonistBarKF is pretty useful mod to disable it?

Usagi.San

Quote from: Canute on April 02, 2018, 02:04:05 PM
You should ask the author of ColonistBarKF.
I'm too lazy for that :) I find a way to "fix" it for now. In ColonistBarKF options need to disable all PSI options. Anyway thanks again for your help.

ZE

so i just recently tried Vampires n Werewolves and cults (well cults a while ago) and i got a few comments and suggestions

had the odd experience of building a base in a mountain and then suddenly getting a notification that Euryphites broke out of a cryptosleep chamber and started a rampage, so i got my colonists to immediately start digging a tunnel to the location to find my first werewolf shredding a group of machines that was guarding the room.

so far its been interesting but im not sure the mods are working right.  i put on the j r r tolkien storyteller (jk lovecraft) but i only seem to get the tree or obelisk and the odd cat or crow.  i dont know if its a mod conflict or what, but i recall before getting swarmed by anti-cultists in 17, but not anymore.  is there any known conflicts?   also is there any events for vamps / werewolves? if not can i suggest a few? if not for lovecraft then for another?  maybe Bram Stoker? lol

Canute

tree or obelisk are the starter for the cult. One of your pawn's gain the knowledge about the forbidden knowledge and write the book.
What you are doing with the book is up to you.

Cat's and crow's are just sign's for bad/good things can happen, nothing more.
The Anit-cultist faction (The Agency)  need to discover at first that you have formed a cult, before they turn hostile on you.

actwactw

jecrell

Call of Cthulhu - Factions - Combat Extended Mod

[ - Initial Release - ]
Download here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/18017425

Bless Saebbi for their most excellent work.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

t.grimm92

I was playing with your mod set up and my visitors are not leaving my map.

Sebastian Cigar

Quote from: t.grimm92 on April 17, 2018, 03:20:00 AM
I was playing with your mod set up and my visitors are not leaving my map.
what do you mean by 'visitors'? guests added by hospitality, vanilla visitors or traders? I think this might be important  but do they even behave differently? idk, sorry
is CoC the only mod that you have installed? I've experienced this issue before, it had nothing to do with CoC in my case... simply because I never played the CoC mods.
released prisoners would wander my colony's fields and eat raw rice right off the ground, and leave eventually. if I released too many at once, they'd all get stuck, if I did it in small groups or one by one, they were fine but it took them maybe a day or two to realise that they're free  ;D rescued spacers' behaviour was identical btw. maybe this will help, you should try that. if you do have that issue.
as for visitors,
traders would get stuck in perpetual wait mode, with one senile cirrhosic caravaneer going to sleep for 12h+, another bloodthirsty girl attacking small game all around her,
BUT combat friendlies and Hospitality guests always worked like a clock for me, they never exhibited behaviour that could even remotely be described as weird or bugged

tl;dr from my experience having too many mods that affect non-colonist pawns' behavior will bug out your game. this is something you should be prepared for as a mod user  ;D

monkmith

so, those cursed red trees gorw back right?  i lost the only one on the map due to a very large forest fire...  i'd have sent a pawn to 'study it' earlier but there's been a t-rex menacing my front gate.

can i still start the cult stuff without the tree if it doesn't grow back?

Canute

You don't need the tree or obelist.
But you need the book you are geting from it, you even can buy books from traders sometimes.
With the book you build the research place, and start to research ....

Once your pawn made the book at the tree , you can chop it.