Beds!!!

Started by BlueFireWolf295, September 14, 2016, 12:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFireWolf295

What is the best material to make my colonists bed out of? And I also saw a few pictures in wich bedrooms for one person
had double beds. Does this give them a buff or extra beauty to the room or should I stick with single beds for rooms with one colonist?

SpaceDorf

Wood is the best material, because its cheap and has a high beauty modifier.

Also you should deconstruct shoddy beds, because the give a malus to comfort.

Doublebeds are needed if two colonists want to sleep together, otherwise they are not really needed.
If you want to impress them build a royal bed, but thats a bit down the road :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Serenity

Generally you should use wood. Stone beds are generally a bit worse for resting (you can see the stats when clicking on the bed and selecting "i" I think). But a good quality stone bed is still better than a bad wooden bed. And marble is more beautiful than other stones.

Here are some stats (though I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate. The wiki is sometimes wrong or outdated):
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Bed
And rest effectiveness is modified by build quality!

BlueFireWolf295

Muramas

This mod might also help, it will tell only the people with the highest skill to build structures that have a quality mod. (aka beds)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25188.0

RandomGirl

I use wooden single beds until I have the resources to give everyone double bets. Even the people who sleep alone get a double bed, as they find them much more comfortable, and thus are happier.

Wex

Use stone beds for your prison.
Prisoner sleep longer, less risk of them going berserk.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Britnoth

Quote from: Wex on September 14, 2016, 06:38:50 PM
Use stone beds for your prison.
Prisoner sleep longer, less risk of them going berserk.

Less time awake = more likely your warden isn't available to talk to them, so they miss a recruitment chance.

Something to consider.

RazorHed

granite double beds arre great for training construction !

SpaceDorf

Quote from: RazorHed on September 15, 2016, 12:45:03 PM
granite double beds arre great for training construction !

sure ? rock does have a built time penalty or do the pawns gain xp all the time ?

RazorHed

yeah they learn at as you make things , so making something like a granite bed will keep them busy building one thing for 40 seconds or so. if you arent microing their work , you can set 5 or 6 granite double beds to make and raise their skill a lot all at once or you can wait till one is almost done and cancel it and not lose ant blocks when you deconstruct one

SpaceDorf

Awesome, I was rather thinking of using the quality builder mod and set it to legendary next to the blockpile and set a max skill ..

Build until you've done something worthwhile ^^.

Dingus

If I have plenty of space I usually give everyone double beds for the comfortable mood boost.
Quote from: Noctis on September 13, 2016, 03:56:44 PM
No rest for the staggeringly ugly and abrasive, I guess.

Britnoth

Quote from: Dingus on September 15, 2016, 11:14:49 PM
If I have plenty of space I usually give everyone double beds for the comfortable mood boost.

Except they have the same stats as the single beds, but cost twice as much materials and take up more space.

RazorHed

They used to be better for you than single beds.