Expanding on Work Tab

Started by bchbum16, September 14, 2016, 12:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bchbum16

So something that tends to bother me when I play, especially late game, is having crafters just go to the closest work bench to work. This means that a lot of crafting jobs take a long time to get to, or never have someone get to it. I think an interesting approach to fixing this would be a sub-work tab for certain work jobs, such as crafting, cooking, and now even mining. I'll keep using crafting as an example. With the sub-work tab, you could prioritize within the crafting work tab. This way if you just want one person to only be stonecutting, he/she won't touch the other benches. This could also allow for tailoring and machining to be put back into the crafting tab if you wanted because they could be prioritized within crafting.

BlackSmokeDMax

Look for Fluffy's Work Tab mod. It does a beautiful job of exposing sub-jobs similar to Dwarf Therapist for DF. You have to enable it once you are using the mod, it is not the default. But that is just a button click in the standard view of the work tab.

Only downside, is it needs CCL, which is not ready for A15 yet.

As far as suggesting this for vanilla, I agree completely. Would love to see quite a few of Fluffy's mods become part of vanilla. Medical Tab, Work Tab, Animal Tab. He has done some great work expanding on the UI of those parts of the game.