Hero's Song

Started by milon, September 20, 2016, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

I recently re-discovered an indie game currently in development called Hero's Song.  It's an open world rogue-like fantasy action RPG, with multiple races, gods, etc.  It can be played solo or multiplayer.  Very awesome concept - kind of like a realtime version of Dwarf Fortress (Adventurer Mode), but with actual graphics.  :)

They've got an Indiegogo campaign running right now and you can check it out here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hero-s-song-game-rpg#/

I'm not affiliated with Hero's Song or Indiegogo, nor is this an official Ludeon endorsement.  I just think it's awesome, and I thought others here might be interested too.  Check it out!

Listen1

I gotta say, this looks great. These games made to recall the golden age of rpgs.

But i'm worried about the amount of content they are putting into this, it is hard to balance and grasp, specially because of the amount of random generated stuff. A dev team 20 people may do alot, but they seem too ambicious for a launch on March 2017.

milon

I agree.  They may be over-eager or too ambitious, but when it comes to video games I don't mind delays if it means the quality will be better.  I was actually working on and off at a procedural RPG with random civs, random map, random cities/towns, random storyline, etc, and it very quickly went WAY over my head.  Hero's Song is the closest thing I've seen to what I tried to accomplish which is why I jumped on it.  :)

Listen1

Yeah, but on the other way, in the worst case scenario we would have a good RPG.

The core gameplay i've seen in videos is pretty danm great.