[V1.1 to V1.2] Chemicals extraction & Neutroamine crafting (R1)

Started by ShadowTani, September 14, 2016, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTani

The mod have now been updated, see the changelog in OP for any changes. I've also released it to Steam Workshop for those who prefer a more automatic install. :3

Dingo

Haha, glad to see my creative mind is still going strong. :D I've actually been thinking today before reading here and I believe you should definitely make recipes for explosives with Neutroglycerin. It makes a lot of sense and it gives it that extra layer of immersion.

I was thinking of using this mod in conjunction with Remote Explosives and even making a patch to make RE recipes use some Neutroglycerin.

cap75

Extracting from boomrats everyday will need excessive amount of pawn labor... make 5/5days.

ShadowTani

Sounds good Dingo, look forward to seeing those! :3 And I suppose I get up the recipe expansion next week; dunno how soon though, I'm pretty busy up to Wednesday.

Quote from: cap75 on September 17, 2016, 09:19:43 PM
Extracting from boomrats everyday will need excessive amount of pawn labor... make 5/5days.

Yeah... That was kinda intentional based on that boomrats is small rodent creatures, so due to body size the amount and size of the chemical pouches provide a limited chemical capacity, though fill fast. The logic is that a boomalope is 7.5 times larger (1.5 vs 0.2), so in comparison a boomrat shouldn't be able to hold more than 1.3 buckets of chemicals if a boomalope can hold a max of 10 in its chemical pouches.

But the hard data aside, the significant thing about boomrats is that they mature/breed a lot faster than boomalopes so they are more ideal for those who like to raise boom animals as part of their colony defense - where the chemical production is just a bonus on top. For everyone else Boomalopes are much more ideal chemical producers.

If a majority insist I could consider changing it to 2 buckets per 2 days though, but any more would be immersion breaking, and I just don't do that kind of mods.

But don't despair. :3 It's easily changed in the XML files within the mod anyway for those who want to personalize the mod. After installing the mod simply edit the values for the extractIntervalDays and chemicalAmount in the "RimWorld\Mods\Chemicals & Neutroamine\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\Races_Animal_Rodentlike.xml".

TrueDestroyer

I like your mod:)
However please, consider adding <DeteriorationRate>10</DeteriorationRate> to <statBases> in Items_Resource_Manufactured.xml for both neutroamine and chemicals. When these buckets with chemicals fall from the sky in early game, they tend to stay on the ground for ages, after numerous rains  and other phenomena they remain 100% condition, and it looks silly. Even with detoriation rate they will behave like any other stuff in game, and wont detoriate when equipped or stored under a roof.

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

Thirite

Nice mod; works great as a vanilla extension without mucking up the balance. Kudos

Dingo

I made a patch for Remote Explosives recipes to use 1 Neutroglycerin per recipe.

QuoteChanges Remote Explosives recipes to include Neutroglycerin in their requirements.

- Remote Bomb old recipe: [1] Artillery Shell, [1] Component, [2] Silver
- Remote Bomb NEW recipe: [1] Artillery Shell, [1] Component, [1] Silver, [1] Neutroglycerin

- Fire Bomb old recipe: [1] Artillery Shell, [1] Component, [2] Silver
- Fire Bomb NEW recipe: [1] Artillery Shell, [1] Component, [1] Silver, [1] Neutroglycerin

- Mining Explosive old recipe: [1] Component, [2] Silver
- Mining Explosive NEW recipe: [1] Component, [1] Silver, [1] Neutroglycerin

- Chemical Canister old recipe: [1] Component, [6] Silver, [2] Herbal Medicine
- Chemical Canister NEW recipe: [1] Component, [6] Silver, [1] Neutroglycerin

Download directly from Google Drive
Download from Steam Workshop

ShadowTani

Nice work Dingo, tho might be redundant for those who use the recipe expansion included in the mod now as an optional feature (as it also updates the artillery shell recipe). ^^;

Quote from: TrueDestroyer on September 20, 2016, 08:53:10 AM
I like your mod:)
However please, consider adding <DeteriorationRate>10</DeteriorationRate> to <statBases> in Items_Resource_Manufactured.xml for both neutroamine and chemicals.

I agree for chemical/neutroglycerin and made that change accordingly. However, neutroamine behaves according to vanilla and I try to avoid changing vanilla behavior as much as possible (I also don't find it strange that a sealed bottle don't deteriorate easily). But it's not something that can be changed with this mod anymore anyway as it no longer modifies the ResourceBase for Neutroamine from revision 2 - though that means the mod is compatible with any mod that might actually change the deterioration rate.

Dingo

It's definitely redundant if you use the optional features. I will update my mod description. Might I suggest you structure the release instead of making it manual? (See attached file)

Of course, you can modulate it further by separating each recipe to its own mod, but that is how I would've done it. You can also ignore me completely because I don't know what's best sometimes. :P

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

ShadowTani

You mean making the optional features an individual mod?

I guess that would be okay for the manual forum install, but I honestly don't want to clutter the steam workshop with those (I might provide quite a few if I also consider immersion fixes between other mods (currently considering one for the vegetable garden)).

Dingo

Yeah, I wish we had something like the Nexus Mod Manager to have special mod installers. Then you could tick ✓ on which recipes you want (the BoomOil for example would automatically install so it wouldn't be listed in the installer) and it only copies those to the folder.

ShadowTani

I guess I could program a mod personalizing tool or something - that could add or remove files for the player in one click. As well as providing the option to change those things I'm hesitant about changing the current defaults for (such as the extraction rate of the boom animals) with just a few sliders or something. x3

Adventurer

So just to clarify, the new update is compatible with Vegetable Garden?

ShadowTani

Quote from: Adventurer on September 26, 2016, 07:38:30 PM
So just to clarify, the new update is compatible with Vegetable Garden?

Yes, I'm quite certain it should be compatible.

The conflict with vegetable garden previously was that both mods modified neutroamine's ThingDef/ResourceBase directly for adding our recipes (or in other words, both mods tried to claim the same object). This turned out to be bad practice as it can easily be avoided by using RecipeDefs instead. If Vegetable Garden experience similar issues with other mods then someone might want to tip the mod author about using RecipeDefs as well instead.

sekeb

Hello
i would like to make neutroamine with two way, yours or neutro flower too.
If i craft an item i can make it with wood, stell etc
Can you help me how can i programming this?