[V1.1 to V1.2] Chemicals extraction & Neutroamine crafting (R1)

Started by ShadowTani, September 14, 2016, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

Adding to that, I think you made a better job with the extraction, because you added another pawn job for it, while CR has "shearing" chemicals.

I'm working on a C&N-CR patch for my modpack right now and can upload it separately for you when I'm done. Will save you some work. ;)

By the way, I'll be adding your mod to my modpack, thanks for free license. ;D

Natah_Bish

So I know this sounds weird but if you use this with the developer version of the game it makes boomalopes hit with 9999999999 damage per second, my boomalope just one killed one of those expensive animals with the expensive horn that walks randomly in 2 seconds and took no damage. It also took on 7 tribe members and once and won only taking 3 hits. So yea op now.

ShadowTani

That's weird, any values related to damage shouldn't been affected. This is in Alpha 15, right? Not an attempt at forcing the mod using Alpha 16? I'll provide an update to alpha 16 soonish though. I'll see if I get similar behavior when I run the tests to see if the mod works as intended for A16.

Thyme

Just a thought, you could add a bill in the refinery to refine neutroamine into fuel. Boomalopes chemicals are volatile after all. ;)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Thundercraft

PTW...  8)

Quote from: ShadowTani on December 22, 2016, 08:24:58 PM...I'll provide an update to alpha 16 soonish though. I'll see if I get similar behavior when I run the tests to see if the mod works as intended for A16.

Looking forward to it. :D

ShadowTani

A16 version have now been released. I have not been successful in replicating the issue with OP boomalopes though, so if anyone can reproduce it and provide me either a save game or further details then that would be appreciated.

gendalf

a better way to balance it would be to make boomrat/boomalopes drop it when butchered, instead of milking them

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: gendalf on January 30, 2017, 07:26:27 PM
a better way to balance it would be to make boomrat/boomalopes drop it when butchered, instead of milking them
dont see how thay be nicer or logical as thay allredy gone boom by then

gendalf

Smexy_Vampire, They're having only 60% taming difficulty, making it easy, milking periodically is op and just adds another animal to mass-herd and cause more lag. At least by butchering you'll have an incentive to keep the population at a sensible size and it's more fun. It makes as much sense as the fact that the body always survives the explosion for you to butcher meat and hide from, let's say that the glands producing the the thing survives and have a small amount of it (enough for drugs but not enough to spontaneously combust)
If you wanted to make it even more balanced/harder/"realistic" you could make it be only obtainable through an operation, so you'd have to tame or incapacitate it to operate on a living boomrat/boomalope. *rip doctors

Smexy_Vampire

thats just otheres play style then to hourd animals. i my self think the vg guarden glowing nutro is op seeing as other mods can speed plant growth so meh

Thyme

I had to use a charge rifle for population control as those fiery beasts explode on death of any kind (slaughtering or euthanising didn't work out well for my pawn). Extracting it from dead Boomalopes/-rats is a no go.

edit: @OP, just saw your intended expansion. Chemfuel is fuel, which is under normal conditions not explosive ("only" highly flammable). My suggestion is to make two different kind of shells, the incendiary shell made with Chemfuel and the HE shell crafted with Boomoil. Guess you'd need to modify mortars for that to work out.

Flimflamshabam

It does seem odd that they explode no matter how they die, I get being shot or killed violently in general, but quick/humane methods you'd think would be able to deal with them carefully. Methinks they need different "parts" added to their body part list to include multiple sacs that grow in fullness and produce chemicals, and you could "milk" them to lower their fullness and in turn lower their explosiveness, damaged sacs would leak leaving flammable material on the ground, and even surgeries to disable their chemical glands entirely, potentially even surgically removing the sacs and using them as organic land mines/ieds. if left unmilked tamed boomalopes/rats at least could run the risk of bursting a sac on their own

Spiralwind

Very lore-friendly way for making some neutroamines :) I've came Ludeon forum to find the mod to make some neutroamines in conventional way, but I really be crushed in this mod. I love it. I will download it.

Ballagarraidh

Maybe Chemfuel can also be used for the Generators and maybe the neutroglycerin can also be made into Chemfuel or some other fuel for the Generators. Also, since you're modding animals that seem to have little to no use, maybe make the monkeys useful and also more challenging as manhunter packs by giving them a ranged attack, maybe throwing rocks or something similar.

Thyme

I've already made a generator that accepts Chemfuel. It's kinda hacked together, might add some textures:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29662