[MOD] (Alpha 2) Glitter! 1.1a

Started by The K, March 07, 2014, 03:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The K

Description:
This is a mod that mainly aims to add a lot of decorative and various luxurious items to the game. Right now the features are:
- Skinning muffalo for mool.
- Planting/Harvesting cotton plants.
- Research weaving to make a spinning wheel to weave cotton/mool into yarn and skin muffalo for their valuable mool.
- Research carpet making to use yarn to make 16 colors of fancy carpets.
- The fancy carpets are preferred by colonists over metal carpets.
Mod Team:
Me
Notes:
-This mod doesn't modify any core defs. Yay!
-This is my first mod so criticism is completely welcome. If it's constructive I don't care how rude you are.
Download:

Pics For Clicks:

Changelog:
*1.0a
- Release
*1.1a
- Spinning wheel is now also used for skinning muffalo. (Old muffalo skinning bills assigned to a butcher will still work, you just can't make any more bills.)
- Skinning muffalo is a crafting skill now.
- No more core edits: Butcher's table is only butchery again and old metal carpets are back to being as pretty as smooth stone.
- My carpets now have a Nice rating which puts them between normal carpets and potted plants, I believe.

StalkerCZ

Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

The K

Nasikabatrachus

You're in the right forum. I think "exclusive" in this context just means "good".

StalkerCZ

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on March 07, 2014, 03:52:05 AM
You're in the right forum. I think "exclusive" in this context just means "good".

yes. awesome mod. i realy love that description aftermath that brutal murder of .. :) realy nice .. now im testing. .. op im sorry for my english .. i had horrible grammar.. :(
Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

The K

Quote from: StalkerCZ on March 07, 2014, 04:00:00 AM
Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on March 07, 2014, 03:52:05 AM

yes. awesome mod. i realy love that description aftermath that brutal murder of .. :) realy nice .. now im testing. .. op im sorry for my english .. i had horrible grammar.. :(

Thanks! Also your English was fine, I think I'm just not entirely hip with the lingo yet. :P

Vas

I'd download this, except my build menu is already incredibly full.  :P  I don't want to add this many things to it till Tynan can make a new method of building items.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

ousire

Quote from: Vas on March 07, 2014, 01:38:12 PM
I'd download this, except my build menu is already incredibly full.  :P  I don't want to add this many things to it till Tynan can make a new method of building items.  :P

The ability to add more construction tabs would be really nice. With a handful of mods added, giving them their own categories would fix that. One tab just for all your carpets, one tab just for all your power generators, stuff like that

Vas

Quote from: ousire on March 07, 2014, 09:14:57 PM
Quote from: Vas on March 07, 2014, 01:38:12 PM

The ability to add more construction tabs would be really nice. With a handful of mods added, giving them their own categories would fix that. One tab just for all your carpets, one tab just for all your power generators, stuff like that
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2249.msg22219#msg22219
Take a look at the idea I pointed out here for color-able objects.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

The K

Glitter 1.1a released. Changelog and download in main post.

Ribas

Great mod.
So, don't you change the blue/red/green default carpets to use glitter resources? Metal costs for build them don't make sense.

The K

Quote from: Ribas on March 19, 2014, 12:01:07 AM
Great mod.
So, don't you change the blue/red/green default carpets to use glitter resources? Metal costs for build them don't make sense.
No, Glitter adds its own red, green, and blue carpets. I wanted to avoid editing core defs for compatibility reasons. Also the Glitter carpets have a slightly higher beauty attribute because they aren't basically steel wool.