Animal Feeding Trough

Started by praguepride, September 15, 2016, 08:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

praguepride

It would be awesome to control or prioritize what foods animals eat and handlers use to train.

Rant
One of my biggest peeves about having a large number of animals (and handlers) is how they will eat completely random stuff. I have dozens of stacks of kibble sitting right next to their beds but they will go through 3 doors into my freezer to eat the last stack of berries I was saving for fine meal. Then they inevitably get food poisoning and barf on everything.

I would rather not have to play where all my animals are restricted to a special pen far away from my food. I would also not want to micro all my handlers to forbid every food item except for the ones I want them to use to train.

Quick & Dirty Fix
For handlers and animals, they should prioritize kibbles and hay at the highest amount, just as AI pawns prioritize cooked foods over non-cooked foods.

sniddy

I know this is an old necro - but this

...and ideally some kind of animal husbandry - prevent pregnancies or planned matings

ChuggingClorox

this idea would be incredibly useful instead of having to lug animal food to a designated stockpile in their pen.