[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MintyFr3sh

Quote from: avpx on September 26, 2016, 11:30:34 AM
Weirdly activating the mod just sets the prices of everything to 35 wood.
I have the same problem.

Etherdreamer

EldVarg

Quote from: EldVarg on September 23, 2016, 04:54:15 PM
Great mod. As I said in steam, it would be cool to have a upgraded version of the haul and clean robot - faster and could carry more.

I got tired of waiting for something like this and have now added:
* Full amount of tiers to haulers and cleaners. Where they become faster, stronger and more durable at higher tiers.
* Tier 4 for every bot - with new graphics for Builder, Crafter ER and Kitchen.
* Balanced speed, health, cost, hauling strength for most bots.
- Unfortunately missing new sprites for t2-4 of cleaners and haulers. I might add in future.

alaestor: You may use anything or everything of this version as you se fit.

http://www.megafileupload.com/sEaZ/Misc._Robots++.zip

alaestor

Update mv1.0.2

Minor bug fix and balance improvements. It's now far cheaper to build robots than to buy them,
and of course, this also means you can sell your crafted robots at a profit.

I've also attached the latest version to the main post, as some people dislike using Mega.

For complete update details view the Change Log Pastebin.
For balance and cost calculations view this Pastebin. (also added to main post)

alaestor

Quote from: EldVarg on October 05, 2016, 07:33:47 PM
I got tired of waiting for something like this (...) alaestor: You may use anything or everything of this version as you see fit.

Unless I see more demand for it, I don't think I will be adding further tiers or more robots. From the feedback I've gotten already, the number of robots that are currently implemented are "a lot", and upgraded T2/T3 haulers and cleaners offer little benefit over the normal ones (which R++ already upgrades the speed of). This sort of change seems to add more bulk for not much value. Thanks for the input, but I'd like to minimize the number of robots as much as possible which is why I combined multiple like skills together in single robots (like the kitchen and builder bots).

alaestor

I really don't want to triple post but... eh x.x'

Update mv1.0.3
Minor bug fix; solves the issue of the Crafter bot (t1) not being unlocked after researching. Sorry about that derp xD

Razorcake_

um every time i load the mod with the robot xestion and the core it just make everything cost the same or make everything cost nothing plz help

alaestor

Quote from: Razorcake_ on October 08, 2016, 05:44:35 PM
um every time i load the mod with the robot xestion and the core it just make everything cost the same or make everything cost nothing plz help

Make sure you have the latest version of Rimworld, Misc. Core, and Misc. Robots. I haven't seen anyone encountering this problem on steam, and frankly I have no idea why that would happen...

SteelRev

Is there any way to area restrict the bots? Currently I'm micro managing the crafting bots to stop them from doing jobs I want the pawns doing.

alaestor

Quote from: SteelRev on October 08, 2016, 09:40:38 PM
Is there any way to area restrict the bots? Currently I'm micro managing the crafting bots to stop them from doing jobs I want the pawns doing.

Read Haplo's post right bellow this one!

Sorry -- currently there isnt other than physically separating the bot and colonist areas. This type of functionality can only be added by Haplo to the parent [Misc. Robots] mod, as this is merely an extension of it (XML definitions & art assets).

Haplo

Actually you can area restrict the bots. Just not in the area menu, but in the robot info field. Click on the active  area and select the restricted area he should use instead.
I know, It's not perfect as you have to set every robot by itself, but at least it is doable this way :)

zmadz

been getting hash collision i have no idea what that means anyway just wanted to share it

alaestor

Quote from: Haplo on October 09, 2016, 05:10:58 AM
Actually you can area restrict the bots. Just not in the area menu, but in the robot info field. Click on the active  area and select the restricted area he should use instead.
I know, It's not perfect as you have to set every robot by itself, but at least it is doable this way :)
<3haplo
Thanks for the feedback. I'll reference your reply in the main post.

Quote from: zmadz on October 09, 2016, 08:52:00 AM
been getting hash collision i have no idea what that means anyway just wanted to share it

The hash collision doesn't seem to affect gameplay. It is a known issue. If you experience any problems because of it (like your bots turning into landmines in between saves lol), then please let me know. Otherwise, simply ignore the error.

Commander Blackwatch

Very Helpful and Amazing mod Robots are so helpful it help the colony get better and better and the texture is so Amazing and its recharge by themselves and the research its like easy to hard and Also you can build them but its would be great to add some Restrict area that robots can stay that area sometimes just got blow or get destroyed by Invaders.

Robots : 10/10
Texture : 10/10
Research : 9.6/10

Average : 9.8/10

P.S : add some Restricted Area for the robots and also Keep a Amazing Job
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Blackwatch27 on October 20, 2016, 01:08:51 PM
Very Helpful and Amazing mod Robots are so helpful it help the colony get better and better and the texture is so Amazing and its recharge by themselves and the research its like easy to hard and Also you can build them but its would be great to add some Restrict area that robots can stay that area sometimes just got blow or get destroyed by Invaders.

Robots : 10/10
Texture : 10/10
Research : 9.6/10

Average : 9.8/10

P.S : add some Restricted Area for the robots and also Keep a Amazing Job

You can set their restricted area by clicking on the robot directly and changing Unrestricted to something different.

EDIT: Also, the basic robotic matrix says 10 silver, but actually uses 200 silver.