[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicFox

Nice addition to the original Robots mod.

I do have a strange situation though...

I can select every tier of every kind of robot from the "misc" category in the "architect" tab while I haven't researched anything yet.
And even more awkward is that they all cost 75 x Iron Ore, 15 Stein Alloy and 15 x Component.
Doesn't seem right to me...

I'm running Hardcore SK + some more. Might be the reason for it.
Not receiving any errors on starting game nor load game.
Haven't build one yet but will give additional info if some errors do come up in the meanwhile.
I can easily alter the price for production but don't know how to alter it so it becomes available as research etc.

Canute

EpicFox,
you should mention this at the HCSK thread. All the mods at this modpack are modified to be compactible to each other.
The original author can't help you with that.

alaestor

mv2.0.6 has been released. This update adds the following localizations.

简体中文     (Chinese Simplified)       by duduluu
繁體中文     (Chinese Traditional)      by Alane

neozargos

Is a very good mod but I think the effect of the droids is too high, I personally would leave it to 3 to 5 levels and not give more than 10 points in the skills, let npc be the stars of the game

The robots would give them more speed of movement, hit points and speed in their work, of course each tier of robot has more costs of creation

alaestor

Quote from: neozargos on July 21, 2017, 05:17:18 PM
Is a very good mod but I think the effect of the droids is too high, I personally would leave it to 3 to 5 levels and not give more than 10 points in the skills, let npc be the stars of the game

The robots would give them more speed of movement, hit points and speed in their work, of course each tier of robot has more costs of creation

The higher tiers are quite expensive. Having a fleet of them to do everything is quite impractical. I've had people tell me that theyve played for very long periods of time and only managed to get one or two T4 robots. I agree that humans should not be out-right replaced by robots, which is why I held off on adding the OmniBot for so long (it was commented out in the A14 release all the way until now).

I think they're limited enough to the point where they dont remove the need for colonsts. You still need to fight, and ward, and research, and trade. Even if you enter devmode and spawn a ton of OmniBots :D

Expresso

Подскажите, в чем может быть проблема? При постройке стульев роботами, по- окончанию изготовления стул просто исчезает?

Tell me what could be the problem? When building chairs by robots, at the end of making the chair just disappears?

alaestor

Quote from: Expresso on July 22, 2017, 05:51:37 PM
Подскажите, в чем может быть проблема? При постройке стульев роботами, по- окончанию изготовления стул просто исчезает?

Tell me what could be the problem? When building chairs by robots, at the end of making the chair just disappears?

Check your load order. Also, it could be a failure of art. Robots can't make or own art, and it can cause some small issues when crafting furniture. I'm not sure how I could go about fixing this. I will have to test something later.

Expresso

Quote from: alaestor on July 23, 2017, 01:46:25 AM
Quote from: Expresso on July 22, 2017, 05:51:37 PM

Check your load order. Also, it could be a failure of art. Robots can't make or own art, and it can cause some small issues when crafting furniture. I'm not sure how I could go about fixing this. I will have to test something later.

В том то и дело, что кровати, столы создают нормально, а вот со стульями беда. Последовательность загрузки модов правильная. Не первый раз пользуюсь.
In fact of the matter is that the beds, tables create normally, but with the chairs the trouble. The sequence of loading the mods is correct. Not the first time I use it.

PS. После изысканий был обнаружен конфликт мода с модом https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24718
Что собственно и приводит к исчезновению предметов, после постройки, изготовления.

After the research, a conflict was discovered with the mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24718
What actually leads to the disappearance of objects, after construction, fabrication.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

bolbies

I started getting this error. It makes the ER bots drop the medicine every time they treat a wound.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=ER Bot (Tier 4), Job=TendPatient A=Thing_Human3552084 B=Thing_HerbalMedicine3660237, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Psychology.Harmony.TendUtility_TendPatch.BleedingHeartThought (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00015>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.TendUtility.DoTend_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.Medicine) <0x004b6>
at RimWorld.Toils_Tend/<FinalizeTend>c__AnonStorey260.<>m__53 () <0x000e4>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x002d9>
lastJobGiver=AIRobot.X2_JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=TendPatient, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_TendPatient
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
AIRobot.X2_AIRobot:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Omnicast

Hi there Alaestor! I was wondering if you can add in some quick charging stations? Maybe something similar to a Telsa Supercharger? Have a few tiers of charging stations gated behind expensive research.

How about a 2x2 Drone/Bot Bay? It can store and charge up to eight drones using only half the space. Basically it has a second floor or something. Or underground? Maybe higher tiered versions can store more.

But it has to have some sorta draw back. Maybe it can only unload one drone at a time? Better versions have extra drone entrances/exits?

How about a battery Hotswap station? The station builds up charges over time (charging batteries)
and when a drone interacts with it the battery is instantly fully charged? Think of all the power tools with hot-swappable batteries. Just google "swappable batteries" plenty of ideas revolving around this concept already. Or just look at your power tools!

Ultimate version of these three techs would be combined or something. A Drone/Bot Bay that takes up 2x2 or 3x3 space and carries a ton of drones/bots hotswaps the battery and regens charges faster. Also has 4 entrance/exit elevators either in the corners of the square or the D-pad/cross grids. Filling the battery (regenerating charges) drains energy until all charges are full. Maybe storing and unloading drones/bots uses energy too.

So basically I'm suggesting 3 new techs to waste time on and a few new toys to supplement the drones/bots. Anyways loving this addition so far thanks for the mod!

Could you also make it so that drones/bots return to the charging bay when there is no workable jobs? If it has nothing to do instead of wandering it goes and charges up.

Expresso

It seems like the problem with the disappearing, when building objects, is associated with the modes that control the skills of the characters (for example, preventing the skills from deteriorating)

kidney killer

i just have misc. robots for cleaning and hauling.
just got my first roomba and its not cleaning. It is moving around the room but none of the dirtiness gets cleaned. I even moved the roomba from the kitchen to the rec room but I get same result.
PS, animals areas are away from those rooms.

How come its not cleaning ???

Canute

I don't know whats a roomba are.
Cleaner base station give an Cleaner bot after activation.

And do you use mod's that change some animal behavior ?

kidney killer

Roomba is a cleaning robot that is for sale on this earth(sol), is round and looks like cleaning robot in rimworld.
i dont have any animal mods, just made animal area 1 and set it outside those rooms, animals never go in. Does the room have to be locked? i still have pawns coming and using the room...
its been like 3 days and I see no cleaning activity even as its(the cleaning robot) moving around the room, i hover with the beauty tool and it dosent change....

Seven

Some comments about crafters. When colonists start a bill, the bill and the item is assigned to them and blocked so that others can't start it until the item is completed, and also no one else can complete the item. For bots, the item is assigned to them, but the bill is not, so a colonist or another bot can start a new item. This can waste resources by starting redundant items, or by forcing you to cancel unfinished items (not to mention the annoyance of having multiple unfinished items around). The problem also grows with additional workstations and bots, since they can trade places and start new items, until you basically have one unfinished item per bill, per bot when you only want 1 item per bill.

You can get around this somewhat by using area restrictions (which I do), but it's a bit awkward and inefficient to micromanage it that much. Since bots of the same tier also share a name, it's complicated to tell which bot owns which item, so you could possibly end up having to restrict a bot to one specific workstation to manage it.

So I have two questions here. The first is if it'd be possible to assign bots to bills the same way colonists are. This would prevent the problem above from happening, at least more so than in vanilla when colonists find something else to do instead of completing the item. The second, in order to allow more efficient use of bots, is if it's possible to in addition to the above, have bots (at least of the same tier) be able to work on the same bill/item as if they were the owner. This would let any bot complete any item started by another bot, and they'd basically just be able to pick an unfinished bill and either start a new item or continue an old one.