[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaestor

Sorry for not being more active here. I'm going to be talking to Haplo and others about finding a better solution for robots in rimworld, as the current state of things with so many independent mods is rather messy.

Temporary independent / unofficial fixes

Artful Robots
fixes construction errors and art-related problems
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35089.0

Butcher Mood & prisoner feed fixes (steam only?)
fixes the butchering humans and feeding issues
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=955427965

Techgenius

I like this mod, but sadly its too simplistic. I really wish we had the droids again.. no one seems keen on their restoration :(

Nameless

Omni bot is pretty annoying:

I have several crafter at lv 20. I want them to make smith things.
Omni bot came about and start jobs, then went off to do something else after they run out of battery and go to recharge.
Then they never go back to continue their job and left the unfinished jobs on the ground, therefore wasting materials.

This is actually true for all bots, but you can at least somewhat prevent the lower lvl bot from working on stuffs if you have high enough skill level crafters.

Is it possible to force them to continue a job somehow?

Positronium

What happens to the injuries any of the bots sustain? (That tends to happen to my bots a lot, kept forgetting to recall them during attacks) Do they heal up while recharging? And when is that "repair robots" feature coming? And gg good mod

Canute

No currently no heal/repair of bots.
I suggest you enable the develop mode, use the heal 10 injury function an the robots a few times until it is healed.
Destroyed/disabled bots remove with the destroy function and sell or deconstruct the empty base station.

Currently i like more to use Minions then robots, even when minons can't doctor,cook,craft,construct.

Positronium

Quote from: Canute on September 09, 2017, 10:10:17 AM
No currently no heal/repair of bots.
I suggest you enable the develop mode, use the heal 10 injury function an the robots a few times until it is healed.
Destroyed/disabled bots remove with the destroy function and sell or deconstruct the empty base station.

Currently i like more to use Minions then robots, even when minons can't doctor,cook,craft,construct.
Ok I see... Bummer :'(

CEPMatos

Did everything I could to fix it and I just can't. It's not working for me!

Canute

CEPMatos,
if someone didn't upload a new version the last days, and i don't think this happen, there is something wrong at your side.
The mod order looks ok.
Try to remove all the mods, run rimworld and look if it still works well.
Then add mod one by one, and look if you got errors after you add a mod.

CEPMatos

Canute, thanks for the help.

I thought there was a problem in this error message because I was previously using the wrong version of the mod; when I downloaded the right version and the same message appeared -- a message that will always appear when you try to spawn robots with dev instead of the robot base -- I thought it was bugged. :P

bolbies

I use this and the Psychology mod, and for some reason my ER bots drop their medicine every time they use one and have to keep picking it back up. This is the error it gives me. Any ideas on how to fix it?

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=ER Bot (Tier 4), Job=TendPatient A=Thing_Human3552084 B=Thing_HerbalMedicine3660237, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Psychology.Harmony.TendUtility_TendPatch.BleedingHeartThought (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00015>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.TendUtility.DoTend_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.Medicine) <0x004b6>
at RimWorld.Toils_Tend/<FinalizeTend>c__AnonStorey260.<>m__53 () <0x000e4>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x002d9>
lastJobGiver=AIRobot.X2_JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=TendPatient, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_TendPatient
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
AIRobot.X2_AIRobot:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

kazuya40

Hello, so I encountered a bug -for now it's on kitchen robot-,
I've kitchen bot tier 4, but they won't cook the lavish or survival food, and just wandering around.
It's happened after I installed the lightning rod, heatmap, remoteexplosives, and powerswitch (sorry I just realized it after few quadrom since installed the latest mods, that's why I dunno which one caused it), and the bug still occurred even after I disabled those mods.  :-\

Anyway, the only method I know to fix it is by recall it (not deactivate it), and they can continue their job properly.
Sorry in advance if this problem has been explained before, I tried to read all the pages and didn't find any hints (or maybe i missed something?) :)
Thank you.

Positronium

Robots... Permanent injuries? Well dev mode is ???? because it isn't allowing me to restore shattered some limbs (No right leg, but can dev mode left leg which is absolutely fine?!)

Liquidhalo231

Quote from: Nameless on August 23, 2017, 10:11:32 AM
Omni bot is pretty annoying:

I have several crafter at lv 20. I want them to make smith things.
Omni bot came about and start jobs, then went off to do something else after they run out of battery and go to recharge.
Then they never go back to continue their job and left the unfinished jobs on the ground, therefore wasting materials.

This is actually true for all bots, but you can at least somewhat prevent the lower lvl bot from working on stuffs if you have high enough skill level crafters.

Is it possible to force them to continue a job somehow?
First Post, made an account due to this being an annoyance now, my crafters and Omnibots are horrible for leaving stuff unfinished and never returning to them, I actually had to build a place to store them all now.

SpaceDorf

There is a simple solution for that. :

Create a Workstation with the power armor job on repeat and an ingredient radius of 1.
Then store the unfinished armors next to the workbench, eventually they get finished.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Liquidhalo231

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 30, 2017, 02:42:40 PM
There is a simple solution for that. :

Create a Workstation with the power armor job on repeat and an ingredient radius of 1.
Then store the unfinished armors next to the workbench, eventually they get finished.

There's a clever solution, thank you kind sir *tips hat* now I can hopefully empty the stock rooms of junk.