[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMS

Quote from: Nanao-kun on October 20, 2016, 02:57:53 PM
EDIT: Also, the basic robotic matrix says 10 silver, but actually uses 200 silver.

small things like silver gold are 20x advertised cost. so 10 silver x 20 stack would be 200. i think :)  of course im one of the unfortunate that cant seem to get haplos working even by itself sooo cant guarantee my math.
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

having a problem something about kitchen bot and IED incendiary trap.... about hashtag-something.. can someone explain what this about?

ActionCow

I've tried building builder and ER bots in my game so far, both just wander around and don't do anything even if I tell them to prioritize it.
I have messages in the log saying every bot type and charging station already has a short hash, and a few things have hash collisions.
Modlist because it's probably one of these not playing nice-
http://i.imgur.com/nGCcEFr.png

lllMWNlll

ActionCow

Quote from: ActionCow on November 14, 2016, 09:28:21 PM
I've tried building builder and ER bots in my game so far, both just wander around and don't do anything even if I tell them to prioritize it.
I have messages in the log saying every bot type and charging station already has a short hash, and a few things have hash collisions.

Alright, weirdly enough updating one of my other mods actually fixed this. Huh.

skullywag

Quote from: ActionCow on November 15, 2016, 03:33:03 AM

This is caused by other mods trying to use abstracts from core/other mods, instead of defining their own abstracts. That other mod probably forgot to do this and has fixed it in the latest version, hence it fixed your problem.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kapun

Quote from: cjayr369 | KagoMakoto on October 31, 2016, 06:15:00 AM
having a problem something about kitchen bot and IED incendiary trap.... about hashtag-something.. can someone explain what this about?

I also have this bug

skullywag

As above, this is cause my mods trying to use abstracts from core, ALL MODS should define their own abstracts, DO NOT USE things like cores building_base def in your mods, define building_base def IN YOUR MOD, then use that. Its probably not even this mod, Skys a smart fellow and he hangs around the modders discord enough to know this is not the done thing. Can some people post their mod lists, id like to find the culprits.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

lllMWNlll

[SUGGESTION]
Hey incredible mod!

The disc-robots (i use to call them drones) they work under rain weather. Would be nice to add a difficulty not letting that happens. They should be destroyed or severely damage because of the wet circuit. But this should happens to all T1, T2 and T3 models. A research like "Robots Drainage System" would enables them to work under rain weather. This would add a difficulty has the player must disable their stations.
If a research it's not cool idea, may a equipment for the drones should be more interesting.

Another suggetion - those hovering bots, they shouldn't have penalties on moving on rough terrain, or passing through sandbags, i didn't aquired yet T3 or T2 models but they should move in different speeds:
T1 - 75  % of a normal pawn speed.
T2 - 90  % of a normal pawn speed.
T3 - 110% of a normal pawn speed.

I hope you'd like the suggestions! Looking foward for newer versions! :D

ActionCow

Quote from: ActionCow on November 15, 2016, 03:33:03 AM

Okay, my optimism may have been unfounded. My builder bot was happy to build structures and smooth floors, but refuses to deconstruct or mine at all.

Canute

Quote from: lllMWNlll on November 15, 2016, 12:08:23 PM
[SUGGESTION]
Hey incredible mod!

The disc-robots (i use to call them drones) they work under rain weather. Would be nice to add a difficulty not letting that happens. They should be destroyed or severely damage because of the wet circuit. But this should happens to all T1, T2 and T3 models. A research like "Robots Drainage System" would enables them to work under rain weather. This would add a difficulty has the player must disable their stations.
If a research it's not cool idea, may a equipment for the drones should be more interesting.

Another suggetion - those hovering bots, they shouldn't have penalties on moving on rough terrain, or passing through sandbags, i didn't aquired yet T3 or T2 models but they should move in different speeds:

Are you a owner of a smartphone or mobile phone ? Arn't the most of them waterproofed ?
So why should a drone/robot not be waterproofed ?
Sure they need maintance to get sand,slime an other things out of them but thats why they head to the recharge station.
I bet you next suggestion will be, pawn can get wet too, increased chance for flu, not to speak about geting dirty which give an mood debuf.

lllMWNlll

Quote from: Canute on November 15, 2016, 05:00:33 PM
Quote from: lllMWNlll on November 15, 2016, 12:08:23 PM
[SUGGESTION]
Hey incredible mod!

Are you a owner of a smartphone or mobile phone ? Arn't the most of them waterproofed ?
So why should a drone/robot not be waterproofed ?
Sure they need maintance to get sand,slime an other things out of them but thats why they head to the recharge station.
I bet you next suggestion will be, pawn can get wet too, increased chance for flu, not to speak about geting dirty which give an mood debuf.

Anyway, it's a great mod. Thanks for responding it, but i really think weather should have more effects, not only in Drones, but also pets, colonists.

Get out in the rain at temperature of 3°C outside, i'm pretty sure the person will get out with a flu or at least a cold.

Ashardalon411

Before all thing, A huge thanks to the misc. mods and your extension, fulfill the goals I set myself would have been impossible without you two as you can read below.

So about restricted area for robots,
I have already read about the theoric "manual" possibility of restriction (i didn't yet find how to do in my game...) but,
There is a layout of the interface possible to enable it ? robots can be a category like the animals in "restriction area", no ?

Have you planned to do this in the next maj of your mod ?

Seriously, be obliged to play all the time with "fiona farming" because your 60 haulers, 40/50 cleaners and your 20 T3builders go front 300 spartans with energy guns for haul the steel of the destroyed turrets just next the ennemies, cleaning the place of the carnage when it was not finished and repair condemned turrets is a funny absurdity on the same moment but replace them after, this is...
Boring. :-\

With the numbers higher in the text, you can imagine how my base is huge (+-1/4 of a big map and its just a beginning), this base can't work without your robots: same the MAI's isn't enough to do all the job required !
(:Except if this has been modified in A15, Rimworld limit the number of the pawns at 20+-)
And replace all of them +- in the same time (=> before the next raid) would require an amouth of stocked ressources who will certainly very lag and potentially crash the game. (in exemple in my game 1 steel value 16 because of the "steel leafs" used to create it)

My project is to do a very huge entirely autonomous base with fiona farming who will can, later, résist succesfully to the harcher cold climate, the highest raid difficulty given by rimworld, and can replace the lost workforce with a little armed army of MAI's in every situation.
But the first raid test was a failure for this reason mainly, and replace them have required +- 2 days;

So pls help me to succeed my challenge ! Pls fix this !  ;)

faltonico

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on November 15, 2016, 09:40:18 PM

So about restricted area for robots,

Just create the area you want, then select the robot, select the little colored square named with the area it has at the moment, then select the area you want form the drop down list.
As simple as that ;)

ActionCow

Alright, for anyone else having similar issues I think I've mostly narrowed it down. Dunno if any of the other mods in my list cause problems, but Combat Realism definitely fucks it up. With just this and misc, misc robots and misc mai it works fine even though it throws errors in the menu screen. With combat realism it functions just like it did when i tried to play with everything. Kind of expected since CR's release is buggy as all hell.