[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unkn0wn

I need some help with the robots, as everytime i make 2+ tier robots they just disappear when my colonists finish making them. I have no idea why is this happening :/

Canute

Quote from: Unkn0wn on January 03, 2018, 03:55:11 PM
I need some help with the robots, as everytime i make 2+ tier robots they just disappear when my colonists finish making them. I have no idea why is this happening :/
Did you try to change the bill to let the finished object drop on ground ?
There is/was a bug to let crafted items vanish when there are is no stockpile to hold the stuff.

Unless you found the issue for this, you can use the Developer tools and spawn the base station you did crafted and vanished.

Harry_Dicks

Do you think it would be possible to implement a "Robots" tab like they had in Base Robots? ? I posted on Haplo's thread as well, but figured I could ask you the same. :)

Canute

Hey Harry_Dicks,
since you are a user of this mod, can't you just create a Robots tab like from base robots ? :-)
When i look at the AnimalTab mod, that need assemblies/.dll and that is beyond the knowledge of alaestor.
You should ask the author of these Base Robots, if he can't modify his mod for this robots.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 06, 2018, 05:21:42 PM
Hey Harry_Dicks,
since you are a user of this mod, can't you just create a Robots tab like from base robots ? :-)
When i look at the AnimalTab mod, that need assemblies/.dll and that is beyond the knowledge of alaestor.
You should ask the author of these Base Robots, if he can't modify his mod for this robots.

If it is anything beyond xml editing, that is beyond me. I have absolutely zero education on programming, computer science, etc. Although I did download ILSpy last night, and have been poking around in some assemblies, but I have literally no idea what I'm doing :P If I had to figure this out on my own I think it might take me quite a bit. I think I need a program to "compile" .dll assemblies? Haha like I said I'm at a total loss, but if anyone wants to point me in the right direction, I might poke around a bit in it to see what I could do. I did figure out the xml stuff myself, and that wasn't too bad at all. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to change a custom <thingClass> from a mod, and I did find it in the freaking huge dll, but I'm not too sure what to do next.

Canute

You see, and alestor the maker of this mod is just a XML modder too.
Haplo might could do the job, but he is pretty busy with his reallife (i think).
But if you realy like to take a deeper step into moding take a look at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33219.0

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 07, 2018, 05:09:05 AM
You see, and alestor the maker of this mod is just a XML modder too.
Haplo might could do the job, but he is pretty busy with his reallife (i think).
But if you realy like to take a deeper step into moding take a look at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33219.0

That is just the resource I needed to get me to my next step. Thank you, Canute!

neltnerb

I'm noticing that occasionally robots appear as (disabled). They have no corresponding base station when I tell them to all recall. I can only get rid of the disabled robot by using debug-destroy?

Is this something you've seen before? I'd love to be able to repair it but it wouldn't even have someplace to go. Do they age and become disabled naturally? According to the disable robot it is at 92%, not sure how that happened since I thought they just got injuries.

Haplo

Disabled robots can be repaired:
- Select a colonist and right click the disabled robot.
- The float menu will show you if you're missing resources
- Otherwise you can repair the robot.
--> Needs crafter lvl 5, 25 Steel and 2 Components.. I think :)

For the robots tab:
- Should now also be available 8)

neltnerb

That sounds good. Maybe it's because of another mod, I have another one that modifies repairing to not trigger unless below a threshold.

I've seen this happen three times. Once it was destroyed and the base station survived, and the base station reported it was destroyed. Once a bot was disabled and there was a matching base station. When I clicked "repair bot" it dragged it back to the repair station but didn't actually do anything. Once the bot appeared in my stockpile without a matching base station, and clicking repair did nothing (not even bring a pawn to the location when forced to do the task).

I guess I'll chalk it up to other mod incompatibility.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: neltnerb on February 03, 2018, 01:22:18 PM
I have another one that modifies repairing to not trigger unless below a threshold.

Are you talking about Fluffy's Breakdowns? If so, I thought that applied to buildings breaking down. Does bot maintenance work similar to buildings? I figured it was more like a hediff kinda thing. I may also have no idea what I'm talking about :)

neltnerb

Hi! I have a XML question. I'd like to modify my local copy of the mod to increase the work speed of the robots as they go up in level. Right now, for instance, omnibot flies around super fast and is god level in everything... but performs tasks at the same speed as lower level robots.

But I am having a hard time finding where to add this kind of thing. The RPP_Races.xml doesn't seem to have anything stating a work speed, and I can't find on the web a... list of all the valid defs I can use. Where do you find this stuff? I suspect if I find the right tag I can just add it to RPP_Races.xml up at the top where you define MoveSpeed in the statBases block.

Harry_Dicks

Makes me wonder if you can have something like +Mining Speed and/or +Mining Yield on a robot, because they are defined as animals as far as I can tell. Maybe animals can't have these sorts of modifiers? But I'm not sure why not, since they can mine and stuff anyway. Probably just gonna have to snoop around, maybe try the "Find in Files" function with Notepad++ and just search the entire mod folder should help you get started.

neltnerb

It's pretty hard to find something that way if you don't know what the name is. I'm also suspecting strongly that if there is a def for work speed it's not set anywhere in the mod. I'm just unclear where ya'll even find the def names to start with. I assume core has something like "WorkSpeed" but I have no idea where to look up what defs match which attributes.

I think simplest would be to just up the workspeed for every robot, which will impact all tasks performed without changing move speed. Good thought on the yield though too, that also makes sense to me. I'm more interested in crafting bots crafting faster, and the idea that an omnibot isn't at least "industrious" (+35% work speed I think?) strikes me as a place for improvement.

Harry_Dicks

You could start by looking at an actual thingDef for whatever robot you are wanting to modify, and then follow the path up through the parent names until you get to basePawn or whatever it is, and you should see these modifiers somewhere along the way. If you don't then I suppose there's a chance they don't exist for animals, but I'm thinking they do. Of course, I could also be entirely wrong about all of this ;)