[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldsworthy87

Ive been trying to use this mod in addition to the MarsX mod.

The robots cannot go outside of the 'hab', when they do they begin "searching for breathable atmosphere".

Is there a way i can turn this off? or is it more likely something built into the MarsX mod?

Nanao-kun

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 22, 2017, 12:29:57 PM
Suggestion
Make it so that robots can be assigned to an area, like colonists or animals. Either one would do.

From the first post:

"you can area restrict the bots. Just not in the area menu, but in the robot info field. Click on the active area and select the restricted area he should use instead. I know, It's not perfect as you have to set every robot by itself, but at least it is doable this way :)"

sirgzu

the compatibility issue should be fixed in the upcoming CE release (CR replacement)

Le0geR

Sixdd

I've been using your mod to great success lately but today I started a new world, the problem is I can't seem to get the Kitchen robots to harvest crops on their own when they are mature. I can manually order the plants to be harvested and then they do it but not otherwise.

Also I am making my own robots extension and wanted to know how you got the recharging graphics to pop up when the robots charge. Also also, when my robots recharge they don't go back to work when done charging, any idea how to fix this? I appreciate any help anyone can give.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Sixdd on May 20, 2017, 07:02:13 PM
I've been using your mod to great success lately but today I started a new world, the problem is I can't seem to get the Kitchen robots to harvest crops on their own when they are mature. I can manually order the plants to be harvested and then they do it but not otherwise.

Also I am making my own robots extension and wanted to know how you got the recharging graphics to pop up when the robots charge. Also also, when my robots recharge they don't go back to work when done charging, any idea how to fix this? I appreciate any help anyone can give.

The most effective way to get this kind of help is to put your project on github. Then everyone with an interest can then immediately examine what occurs to them.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

alaestor

I'm sort of preparing for the next update. I'll be removing the individual robot research and instead just have a more expensive tier matrix research which will unlock all robots for that tier. This should help reduce the research clutter/spam. Also I'll probably be finalizing the OmniBot (T4) for release, though I'm going to need to figure out how to make it not so damn OP.

For the people who don't care: I'll also be streamlining the definitions with parent classes so the XML will be a bit more straight forward.

edit: also I'll be replacing the images and updating the main post, as the pictures went poof while I wasn't looking...

---

Quote from: Le0geR on March 08, 2017, 12:16:02 PM
i made an German translation for ur mod u can use it as u wish ;)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93915954/Robots_PlusPlus_Misc_Robots_Xtension.zip

If you put it on the steam workshop and maintain it, I'll link to it

Quote from: Sixdd on May 20, 2017, 07:02:13 PM

More often than not this is just an issue of mod load order. Make sure its Misc Core -> Misc Robots -> RPP. The higher towards the top of the list, the better. As for your own mods, just look up the "Misc Robots Xtension" as part of parent mod's forum post. I didn't do anything special. I don't read this very often so visit roleplay.FutureGadgetLab.net to contact me.

Patrick

Hey There I'm A Bit Dumb About The Materials I MEAN By That Is That Is There Anyone Knows The Required Materials For Making All Robots OR Its Just Me Who Is Lazy To Read S*$^ Thanks To Someone Who Replies! ;D ;D Greatly apriciate IT! Sorry For My Bad English  ;D ;D

alaestor

Quote from: Patrick on May 21, 2017, 05:22:32 AM
Hey There I'm A Bit Dumb About The Materials I MEAN By That Is That Is There Anyone Knows The Required Materials For Making All Robots OR Its Just Me Who Is Lazy To Read S*$^ Thanks To Someone Who Replies! ;D ;D Greatly apriciate IT! Sorry For My Bad English  ;D ;D

Research = https://puu.sh/vWQ5Q/de6b022113.png
Materials = https://pastebin.com/XcZg6AHm

1) Research "Fundamentals" and build the "workbench".
2) Research "Basic Logic"
3) Research "Hauler Recipe"
4) Open the workbench you made earlier, and click "Bills" to build the Hauler robot :D

Materials listed in workbench
(small materials like Gold and Silver cost x20 the normal amount
Example: if it says 10 silver the game means 200 silver)

Sixdd

@Alaestor I started with the misc robots extension but then added support for your workbench and added to your research tree as it made sense to me to be able to craft the bots rather than have to spend 20k silver for one :D

I'll have a look at putting my work on Github as @AngleWyrm suggested. The way I handled making Tier 4 robots more balanced was to separate their tasks into individual bots. So instead of a Kitchen bot handling crop growing and food making I just made a Chef bot for food and a Farmer bot for crops. Also I made each one require an AI Persona Core, that may be too much but I made my bots very capable and mostly balanced around a single colonist playstyle.

alaestor

A17 version officially supported!
Old versions can be found in the mega link.

R++ is now officially working with A17.

Look forward to further expansions within the next week or so! Current mod version is 1.5, but 2.0 will contain multiple tiers of hauler and cleaner robots along with Tier 4 (Advanced) Robots.

Robots just not OP enough for you? Still looking for that "Extra Something"?
R++ OmniBot is just on the horizon! Soon I'll be releasing a separate mod that includes a Tier 5 robot that's at the end of the R++ tech tree.

pktongrimworld

*would the omni have like, a small pistol? :D

*guessing no

alaestor

Quote from: pktongrimworld on May 28, 2017, 03:33:13 PM
*would the omni have like, a small pistol? :D

Actually, combat / guard bots were on my "to try" list but with the rate things are going; I may not even get a chance to work on T4/T5 bots. I may just be pessimistic due to being very tired at the moment and have put about 39 hours into this over the last 3ish days... But I'm not sure. Things appear to be escalating quickly beyond what I'm capable of handling (in terms of errors, my ignorance of the inner-workings, and the limitations of an XML-only "mod")

pktongrimworld

^^; your efforts are appreciated.

I tried using the centipede code a while back, but yeah, lost all my files when I switched computers.

becomeweaker

Can you upload a mirror download link? Mega doesn't let me download stuff.