[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaestor

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 06, 2017, 03:40:36 PM
[...] I have experienced an fps Issue due to your idle bots, its appear with clarity with 10/15 bots idle or more, and not when they are running after stuff. the solution its to desactivate them manually when they are idle but if you can optimisate them for they go at their base to re charge when they are idle after ( maybe after 3 seconds of try catch some task) it can be SOOOO nice !

Thanks for the feedback.
That is an issue with the parent mod (Misc. Robots), and has existed since previous versions
(someone mentioned it in A16, I think. Most reports were about idle haulers)

Ashardalon411

your mod is loaded after so,...
Does your mod can overrride some data of misc robot for do this optimization ?

I know I am probably repeating myself but I've been experiencing Stutters related to hauler bots and especially crafters, all other have been a non issue for me. To the point that I actually disable all my crafters when I see that there isn't a need for a lot of things to be made. Another solution was to give them a task to creat something forever and then sell it XD.

Edit1: What can i do with disabled robots that need repairs?

alaestor

Quote from: 6135 on June 06, 2017, 05:40:44 PM
I know I am probably repeating myself but I've been experiencing Stutters related to hauler bots and especially crafters, all other have been a non issue for me. To the point that I actually disable all my crafters when I see that there isn't a need for a lot of things to be made. Another solution was to give them a task to creat something forever and then sell it XD.

Edit1: What can i do with disabled robots that need repairs?

Haplo hasn't yet implemented butchering / repairing disabled robots. I think it's planned, but not here yet.
The stuttering is probably due to the C# code in the parent mod, or some issues with the thinktree. Either way there's not much I can do on that front.

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 06, 2017, 05:24:37 PM
your mod is loaded after so,... Does your mod can overrride some data of misc robot for do this optimization ?
Yes, possibly; but that's still parent mod behavior. I'm not sure, but I think it will likely have to do with the C# code or the thinktree for robots (which I won't be touching).

Ashardalon411

Ty, i know how you hate to touch to the "C#" language but if you can do this fix, it can be wonderfull ! If we need to touch the parent mod directly, we will go report this bug to their author again and again until they ha done this fix:
Its not one mod who this bug affect, its the misc robot and all their extensions !

alaestor

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 06, 2017, 06:30:09 PM
Ty, i know how you hate to touch to the "C#" language but if you can do this fix, it can be wonderfull ! If we need to touch the parent mod directly, we will go report this bug to their author again and again until they ha done this fix:
Its not one mod who this bug affect, its the misc robot and all their extensions !

I'll message Haplo and open a dialog on this. Personally, I haven't been playing rimworld so I haven't seen this issue myself. But I'll see what he has to say about it (if he even knows about it).

Canute

Quote from: alaestor on June 06, 2017, 08:16:42 PM
I'll message Haplo and open a dialog on this. Personally, I haven't been playing rimworld so I haven't seen this issue myself. But I'll see what he has to say about it (if he even knows about it).
Shame on you !! A modder without playing the game.
Can someone create a Modder-Bot to free up the time for alaestor ? :-)

alaestor

Haplo is aware of the Idle issue. Apparently, it also happens with colonists in the default game (but I mean, who has idle colonists, right?)

He says he could make it return to the station when Idle, but it wouldn't be able to activate itself without causing the same issue, as the issue is believed to arise from repeated checking for work, which is what the deactivated bot would need to do in order to activate itself. Ofcourse, having robots turn themselves off to prevent the Idle issue would work; but it would require manual activation (and both of us can already see the "robots turning themselves off" bug report spam / rage on the horizon if that was to be implemented)

So, it looks like the Idle bug will remain Idle. Just try to only activate robots when you need them and there's work for them to do. I guess.

Quote from: Canute on June 07, 2017, 02:29:18 AM
Shame on you !! A modder without playing the game.
Can someone create a Modder-Bot to free up the time for alaestor ? :-)

Yeah I haven't actually played rimworld since like A14 maybe early A15.
As for a modder bot.... AI is coming :D https://youtu.be/pywF6ZzsghI

alaestor

R++ has been updated to mv2.0.4
OmniBot has been merged.

Please remove [Misc. Robots++ OmniBot] if you were using it.
It is now part of the R++ mod.

Check out the changelog in the main post for more details.

Ashardalon411

Niceu ! Lets go ! i have some update work ;-)

Neren

I'm not sure whether it's bug of this extension or the parent mod. In previous version of the parent mod there was a bug that robots don't go for recharge when needed. In the last version of misc robots it was fixed, but today my builder bots don't go for recharge again (cleaners and haulers are fine). Looks like somehow builder bots have lower priority for recharge because they go for recharge if there is nothing to do and they need rest.

alaestor

Quote from: Neren on June 09, 2017, 08:59:33 AM
I'm not sure whether it's bug of this extension or the parent mod. In previous version of the parent mod there was a bug that robots don't go for recharge when needed. In the last version of misc robots it was fixed, but today my builder bots don't go for recharge again (cleaners and haulers are fine). Looks like somehow builder bots have lower priority for recharge because they go for recharge if there is nothing to do and they need rest.

Haplo fixed this issue. You need to save the game and reload and it should work properly. For good measure you may also want to reset the bot via devmode and selecting the base station.

Mr_Man

Is there a way to auto-toggle bots once they've finished recharging?

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Mr_Man on June 14, 2017, 04:00:09 PM
Also have this issue of bots not continuing work after recharging.

I took a couple tier-2 haulers and a tier-1 cleaner on embark. The cleaner recharges, complete with animated fuel guage, and then goes on to do it's thing when refuelled. But the tier-2 haulers don't do that. They don't display an animated recharging gauge, and just park forever.

Built a tier-1 ER bot later on, and it behaves like the cleaner bot, just as one might expect. It shows the recharging fuel gauge, and when it's done charging it goes on about its business.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

alaestor

Uploaded mv2.0.5 which is a minor recipe bug fix (forgot to change an old A16 value...)

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 14, 2017, 04:42:03 PM
Quote from: Mr_Man on June 14, 2017, 04:00:09 PM
Also have this issue of bots not continuing work after recharging.

I took a couple tier-2 haulers and a tier-1 cleaner on embark. The cleaner recharges, complete with animated fuel guage, and then goes on to do it's thing when refuelled. But the tier-2 haulers don't do that. They don't display an animated recharging gauge, and just park forever.

Built a tier-1 ER bot later on, and it behaves like the cleaner bot, just as one might expect. It shows the recharging fuel gauge, and when it's done charging it goes on about its business.

Please update your Misc. Robots and R++ versions to the latest.