[A16] Jecrell's Tobacco and Cigarettes V1.3c

Started by jecrell, September 16, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Jecrell's Tobacco and Cigarettes 1.3c for A16

DESCRIPTION
Why are my gruff colonists getting high on smokeleaf? Whatever happened to tobacco, you might ask. Well, now your colonists can finally grow and harvest tobacco plants. Just like with smokeleaf joints, cigarettes can be crafted at any crafting spot. Have fun!

FEATURES
New Crop - Tobacco
New Items - Cigarette, Cigar, Chocolate Cigar
New Drug - Nicotine
*Clothes and hats are part of the Call of Cthulhu expansion WIP -- available below.

FURTHER INFORMATION

• This is not meant to be unbalanced for a vanilla game.
  • This is not a replacement mod. Smokeleaf and all other drugs are unchanged.
  • Tobacco actually has a chemical effect called 'Nicotine' that has the following effects --
  • Tobacco's other differences --

• Higher addiction rate than smokeleaf
  • Lesser market value for tobacco leaves than smokeleaf (the market is flooded with the stuff)
  • However, cigars have a slightly higher value and chocolate cigars have a stronger market value
  • Smaller mood buff than smokeleaf (only +5)
  • Has withdrawal symptoms unlike smokeleaf (social fight)

DOWNLOAD A16
Patreon
Steam Workshop

DOWNLOAD A15
Google Drive

Like Cthulhu? Want to play with Lovecraftian monsters? Check out this mod in development.
Call of Cthulhu Expansion Pack WIP Thread

Q&A
Q) Can I use your mods in my mod?
A) Yes, but please PM me first. ^^

License

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

ChangeLog
V1.3c (12/25/2016)
*Updated for A16
*Added minor carcinoma and asthma chance after becoming tolerant to nicotine.
V1.3 (11/6/2016)
*Nerfed drug effects.
*Added mass production.
*Changed in-game sprites.
V1.2 (9/22/2016)
*Added cigars and chocolate cigars to the game.
V1.1
*Fixed accidental replacement of SmokeLeaf.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

delheit

What exactly is the tobaccos stats? Is it more or less as effective or totally different from smoke leaf? Is this meant as a substitute, replacement or an alternative choice?

Sorry I sometimes just wish mods would list things like that so I can tell if it sounds balanced to me before downloading.

However, sounds great, thanks for the mod, nice work. I wish tobacco was in vanilla.

jecrell

Quote from: delheit on September 16, 2016, 03:34:26 AM
What exactly is the tobaccos stats? Is it more or less as effective or totally different from smoke leaf? Is this meant as a substitute, replacement or an alternative choice?

Sorry I sometimes just wish mods would list things like that so I can tell if it sounds balanced to me before downloading.

However, sounds great, thanks for the mod, nice work. I wish tobacco was in vanilla.

Firstly, thanks for helping me better present this mod with your concerns. I'll add all my answers to the first post, as well as here.

• This is not meant to be unbalanced for a vanilla game.
  • This is not a replacement mod. Smokeleaf and all other drugs are unchanged.
  • Tobacco actually has a chemical effect called 'Nicotine' that has the following effects --
  • Tobacco's other differences --

• Higher addiction rate than smokeleaf (closer to Go-Juice)
  • Lesser market value for tobacco leaves than smokeleaf (the market is flooded with the stuff)
  • Smaller mood buff than smokeleaf (only +5)
  • Has withdrawal symptoms unlike smokeleaf

Fluffe

gamhd

what about a little feature like we had to dry those tobacco leaves in high temperature room before being able to craft cigarettes ?

As beer in A15 it would add more realism.

jecrell

jecrell

Quote from: gamhd on September 16, 2016, 11:44:51 AM
what about a little feature like we had to dry those tobacco leaves in high temperature room before being able to craft cigarettes ?

As beer in A15 it would add more realism.

But would it be fun to do that? It seems like more busywork to me.

Fluffe

delheit

Cool, so a little less effective then smoke leaf and slightly more addictive but better for staying on task and not being stoned. (Right?) Sounds good to me.

Now we just need to cross hybrid this plant with a tomato plant so we can grow Tomaco. (Simpsons Joke) jk I like the tobacco without Tomaco.

Will download and try maybe with my current save maybe with a new one. Kept my colony for two days irl surprised I'm still alive the crash-landing mod is nuts.

Nice work on the mod.

(Modified to avoid double posting) It just occurred to me I don't see any mention of how much growing skill it requires to grow. Does it require a certain amount of growing skill?

jecrell

Quote from: delheit on September 16, 2016, 09:41:15 PM
Not sure if I did something wrong but after loading this mod Smokeleaf vanished from the list of plants when gardening. I had Jecrell's Tobacco and Cigarettes Loaded at the bottom of my list and when I went to plant I found the Tobacco on the list but no smoke leaf. So I opened a second instance of the game (on a slightly further back autosave) with this mod disabled and smokeleaf was back but of course without Tabacco.

I do have other mods installed but none to add or remove plants. I took some screenshots. First one shows smoke leaf just below psychoid plant and the second it is gone but tobacco is at the bottom.

Sorry for large images, I tried to add a spoiler tag around em but I couldn't get it to work.

Fixed it. Thanks for letting me know! I forgot to change a name in one place. My fault.

delheit

Re-Downloaded so far looks good. I was able to plant both.

I removed the post above since it has been fixed now.

delheit

Everything seams to work. Personally I think it could give a little more joy or something, I know it's not meant to be replacement for smoke leaf but it takes alot of cigarettes to have much of effect. I know smokers often become chain smokers but also people tend to smoke for stress relief at the moment I think these act more like coffee, lol. With the conciseness increase.

I have several ideas that might work to make em more like smokes but don't know if your interested. But I think the funnest idea is making a recipe to combine tobacco leaves with chocolate to make a flavored cigar that would give more joy. I also had idea for mod where mixing psychoid leaf and milk would make chocolate. (Like how cocoa beans and milk in real life but the leaves are used for cocaine but the beans don't exist in game.)

Anyway I might make a mod like that in the future but idea would be you could make your own chocolate from the same plant that yayo and flake are made from which I Imagine as cocaine and crack, and then grow your own tobacco and make your own chocolate flavored cigars.

Well this grew into a wall of text. I won't put all my ideas on how cigarettes could possibly work, lol. I could go on forever with ideas.

TLDR works fine, nice mod, chocolate cigars.

jecrell

Quote from: delheit on September 18, 2016, 05:59:51 AM
Everything seams to work. Personally I think it could give a little more joy or something, I know it's not meant to be replacement for smoke leaf but it takes alot of cigarettes to have much of effect. I know smokers often become chain smokers but also people tend to smoke for stress relief at the moment I think these act more like coffee, lol. With the conciseness increase.

I have several ideas that might work to make em more like smokes but don't know if your interested. But I think the funnest idea is making a recipe to combine tobacco leaves with chocolate to make a flavored cigar that would give more joy. I also had idea for mod where mixing psychoid leaf and milk would make chocolate. (Like how cocoa beans and milk in real life but the leaves are used for cocaine but the beans don't exist in game.)

Anyway I might make a mod like that in the future but idea would be you could make your own chocolate from the same plant that yayo and flake are made from which I Imagine as cocaine and crack, and then grow your own tobacco and make your own chocolate flavored cigars.

Well this grew into a wall of text. I won't put all my ideas on how cigarettes could possibly work, lol. I could go on forever with ideas.

TLDR works fine, nice mod, chocolate cigars.

You're a GENIOUS! I LOVE chocolate cigarettes as an idea. I will definitely do that when I get home tonight. The slight mood buff sounds reasonable, as well.

Cigars I can do as well.

Fluffe

You could delve even deeper in the flavor spectrum and make electronic cigarettes  o boy so many flavors lol

Facepunch

Might be worth looking into increasing the chance of lung carcinomas slightly for people who are dependant on cigarettes. Possibly also a boost to social impact (Trading price, recruit chance, social chats) because everybody knows cigarettes make you cooler.