[A16] Jecrell's Tobacco and Cigarettes V1.3c

Started by jecrell, September 16, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Quote from: Facepunch on September 21, 2016, 07:38:13 AM
Might be worth looking into increasing the chance of lung carcinomas slightly for people who are dependant on cigarettes. Possibly also a boost to social impact (Trading price, recruit chance, social chats) because everybody knows cigarettes make you cooler.

Good ideas as well. I looked into stat boosts but it requires writing C# code that I'm not really familiar with at this time. So I'll leave the 'cool boost' for now.

I'll look into the carcinomas after I put out another Cosmic Horror update. It makes sense and it's not hard to edit in XML.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Updated with cigars! Cigars are also available in chocolate flavors. Hurray!

poolday

Great job on the mod! I was really wanting this for vanilla.
Do you think the cigarettes/cigars would be more consistent if they make you less hungry and less stressed instead of faster movement? I'm not a modder yet though, so I don't know if it would be balanced or not.
Anyway I'm enjoying your mod very much :) Cheers!

delheit

Been busying playing hardcore sk on alpha 14, but I am glad I came back to check on this. I look forward to the changes and love the idea of cigarettes make you cooler and lung issues, lol. This mod is becoming awesome.

Next time I play Alpha 15 I'll be sure to re-download it.

Orion

Great addition!

Unfortunately I'm encountering an error (every few seconds) since I've been using this mod for a while. Could be coincidence, but I can't see what other mod would cause it. Here's my log. The error's at the end ;)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Dingo

You're missing <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> in the cigar XML. I don't know if that causes issues or not, but I've never made an XML without it.

You're also missing all the bases you're using with your drugs. This is not a huge deal, but you should have them included in your mod. I think you can just copy the DrugBases.xml into your Defs/Drugs folder.

jecrell

Quote from: Dingo on September 30, 2016, 11:13:28 AM
You're missing <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> in the cigar XML. I don't know if that causes issues or not, but I've never made an XML without it.

You're also missing all the bases you're using with your drugs. This is not a huge deal, but you should have them included in your mod. I think you can just copy the DrugBases.xml into your Defs/Drugs folder.

Fixed and added the bases.

I also revamped the drugs -- nerfed them severely.
I added 'mass production', so that now it's possible to create entire packs of cigarettes from crafting stations at a very quick rate.
I also changed the default cigarette pack sprite.

jmababa

Nice never knew there was cigarette mod here might consider using this

jecrell

Update for A16 released!

Minor lung effects have been added to match the new vanilla changes.

Best wishes and happy holidays friends!

Sebastian Cigar

Any chance this will ever be updated to A17? Can I use the A16 version with the current game build? I love this mod  :'(

LiteEmUp

so i know that the steam version of this is on a17...

so any known mod conflicts?? compatible with a17 vegetable garden? of course im refering to the a17 steam version

Jake

Quote from: LiteEmUp on July 26, 2017, 02:49:09 AMso any known mod conflicts?? compatible with a17 vegetable garden? of course im refering to the a17 steam version
It loads okay with VG, but you end up with a duplicate entry for tobacco because the latter mod already has its own. Though I think this take on it is rather better.