Letter to Ludeon: My Wishlist [A16 Update 12/26/2016]

Started by DraconicGaming, September 16, 2016, 01:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DraconicGaming

Because of formatting issues, I'm just going to link the letter here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gBfyX44sB5kQVo1opW62a672N0l0Uo4cVn9BbViynvI

Got Suggestions? Post them below.

Edit: added some new things at the bottom of the letter. Thought to let you guys know :D

Edit 12/26: Added new entries at the bottom of the page. They have to do with the most recent A16 update. It isn't finished, but you can take a look at what I have now!

jacko21297

pretty decent tbf, maybe include warewolf trait or something that would be funny to see if your including wolf humans idk...?
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― André Gide

DraconicGaming

Quote from: jacko21297 on September 16, 2016, 05:51:30 AM
pretty decent tbf, maybe include warewolf trait or something that would be funny to see if your including wolf humans idk...?

That is what I was going for, then I was like "no, that would indicate I'm some kind of Werewolf Lover". I'd rather have my fluffy raptor.

DraconicGaming

I want to add some stuff to this list, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly I want... The game is pretty good on its own.

O Negative

RimWorld is a game with infinite potential.

I would suggest learning how to code in xml to start, and then work your way to C#. This way, you can mod the game to your liking :)

As far as the more complex features go, that's something that we can hope and pray for. But, it'll take time, regardless.

For the future, I would recommend smaller ideas that would interact with things already in place. If I'm not mistaken, that's kind of how Tynan likes to do things.

DraconicGaming

Quote from: O Negative on September 18, 2016, 12:13:29 AM
RimWorld is a game with infinite potential.

I would suggest learning how to code in xml to start, and then work your way to C#. This way, you can mod the game to your liking :)

As far as the more complex features go, that's something that we can hope and pray for. But, it'll take time, regardless.

For the future, I would recommend smaller ideas that would interact with things already in place. If I'm not mistaken, that's kind of how Tynan likes to do things.

I've never really thought small, if ever. However, I do feel many of the things I talked about play around with concepts already within the game. Familiarity is already in the game to an extent, and, really, it's all a bunch of numbers being played around with, in all honesty. I like working with numbers, to an extent. Starting adding Python into the mix, and you lose me...

DraconicGaming

I've made some additions at the bottom of the document. I'm going to be adding these every now and again, if I find something that irks me  ;)

DraconicGaming

I've added some new topics. I thought it would be interesting to look at.

Here are some of the things that have been added, in case you missed them:
- Landscaping
- Animal Taming and Handling
- The Underground
- Entertaining the Peeps

DraconicGaming

UPDATE:

Added some more entries at the bottom of the page. I'm not done just yet, but just letting you guys know I'm still updating this!

slyscavenger

daman2501

i really like it, but idk if it`s just me but as you said a slider to control the planet`s bases is a must for me
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Botmee

love your ideas of adding more depth into the game and I knew something was missing when u said river I was like " ahhhh so that was it " .
And I also love your idea of more races in the game . Maybe if you have a good relation with a certain race they could send assistance to help us that they are good at individually , For instance elf could help with crops for a few days increasing their growth rate maybe?
still this is a good read , also I wondered how long have you thought about all these stuff? :p

DraconicGaming

Quote from: Botmee on December 28, 2016, 09:15:58 PM
love your ideas of adding more depth into the game and I knew something was missing when u said river I was like " ahhhh so that was it " .
And I also love your idea of more races in the game . Maybe if you have a good relation with a certain race they could send assistance to help us that they are good at individually , For instance elf could help with crops for a few days increasing their growth rate maybe?
still this is a good read , also I wondered how long have you thought about all these stuff? :p

These kinds of things tend to take 4-6 hours, sometimes more over the course of a few days. The last one I did (for Stellaris) had me start at 6 PM and finish at 12 AM. Much of that was spent doing research into stellar phenomena, viability, and what some other genius's came up with.

Funnily enough, this document was probably one of the easier ones I've done, mainly because I had the Steam EA Note to go off of for half of it. The one about Races was part of that note.