Collaboration with Insectoids

Started by 8roads, September 16, 2016, 10:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8roads

Mutineer

I used them in past as infinitive source of food. But that mean constantly killing them. You can do it with charge rifles. I prepared wide corridor, you can have 1 sniper to shot at remote one's to bring them into range of your 3-4 charge rifles and easy kill them before they rich you. You need to get to that level firepower, but after that i was selling there food and feeding all my animals with there meat.

8roads

What about deadfall traps in the early game?

keylocke

@OP

fufufu. finally people see how awesome those insects are.

my suggestion though is to arrange the passage way through the hive in such a way that raiders don't have direct line of sight of the nest and insects until they're already inside the nesting area.

something like this :
   ------
   |  X  |
---       -----
----->
-------------

*arrow is traffic
*X is nest

it's essentially similar to a killbox design and prevents enemies from sniping your insects from long distances. (ie : the hive and insects should never be in direct line of sight from the entry/exit doors and hallways.)

this way, the raiders would initially ignore the insects and head straight to the exit door. but by the time they realize that they're trapped inside a zerg nest, it's already too late to get out.

8roads

Quote from: keylocke on October 11, 2016, 02:00:57 AM
@OP

fufufu. finally people see how awesome those insects are.

my suggestion though is to arrange the passage way through the hive in such a way that raiders don't have direct line of sight of the nest and insects until they're already inside the nesting area.

something like this :
   ------
   |  X  |
---       -----
----->
-------------

*arrow is traffic
*X is nest

it's essentially similar to a killbox design and prevents enemies from sniping your insects from long distances. (ie : the hive and insects should never be in direct line of sight from the entry/exit doors and hallways.)

this way, the raiders would initially ignore the insects and head straight to the exit door. but by the time they realize that they're trapped inside a zerg nest, it's already too late to get out.

Ok I will try this!
But I think I need more bugs to make a killbox work

8roads

Bugs don't dig at doors, nor do they attack them unless they have to.
Use doors to control where they spawn and where they go. Walls of doors make bugs infinitely more useful and infinitely less dangerous.

keylocke

those bugs are denizens of a subterranean civilization pledged to serve the eldritch hive mind.

they visit people's homes to proselytize and sell people their homecooked jellies, but do people actually pay? NO, they just try to steal away those jellies..

heathens!

8roads

Quote from: keylocke on December 10, 2016, 06:47:19 PM
those bugs are denizens of a subterranean civilization pledged to serve the eldritch hive mind.

they visit people's homes to proselytize and sell people their homecooked jellies, but do people actually pay? NO, they just try to steal away those jellies..

heathens!

I do hope insect behavior gets more sophisticated in the later versions and taking advantage of them more challenging as well as rewarding.