Group orders

Started by Plasmatic, March 19, 2014, 09:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmatic

Not sure if its a bug or just not thought of yet.

Currently, you cannot give any orders if you select more than one colonist, now this doesn't mean much for undrafted colonists as only one can be working on any one building at a time..

But I'd like to the ability to select 3 or 4 colonists and tell them to focus fire without selecting each one individually..

Shift selecting is easy, but currently pointless aside from moving your colonists to a new place.

This could even be expanded with undrafted colonists.. Maybe you are building a wall and you want it built ASAP. if you prioritize it currently you only prioritize one block of the wall.
If you multi select, one colonist would take the piece you actually did select, but the others would then find the nearest piece and work on that. this way if you select four colonists you could prioritize four blocks at a time.

Same goes for picking up resources, rarely can one colonist carry all the supplies dropped in a crash, if you multiselect they would all take a bit each, they would take all of whatever you had selected first, but the rest of the colonists would act as general haulers looking for anything within 25 blocks or something..

Obviously this isn't a high priority, nor do I expect it to be.

I just hope it makes sense the way i describe it.

starlight

Quote from: Plasmatic on March 19, 2014, 09:38:59 PM
Not sure if its a bug or just not thought of yet.

Currently, you cannot give any orders if you select more than one colonist, now this doesn't mean much for undrafted colonists as only one can be working on any one building at a time..

But I'd like to the ability to select 3 or 4 colonists and tell them to focus fire without selecting each one individually..

Shift selecting is easy, but currently pointless aside from moving your colonists to a new place.

This could even be expanded with undrafted colonists.. Maybe you are building a wall and you want it built ASAP. if you prioritize it currently you only prioritize one block of the wall.
If you multi select, one colonist would take the piece you actually did select, but the others would then find the nearest piece and work on that. this way if you select four colonists you could prioritize four blocks at a time.

Same goes for picking up resources, rarely can one colonist carry all the supplies dropped in a crash, if you multiselect they would all take a bit each, they would take all of whatever you had selected first, but the rest of the colonists would act as general haulers looking for anything within 25 blocks or something..

Obviously this isn't a high priority, nor do I expect it to be.

I just hope it makes sense the way i describe it.

Makes a lot of sense from a gameplay point of view.
Not having to micro people all the time is great.