UI completly disappears after a while - heavily modded game

Started by asquirrel, September 17, 2016, 10:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

Hi folks,

Playing a heavily modded game of Rimworld.  After a while the UI on the bottom of the screen just disappeared.  I've also had this happen during character generation.  I've tried F9 to see if that brings back the UI.  I've tried reloading the save.  It happens after about a minute into loading the save.  Also tried completely exiting the game and going back in.  The problem still persists.  What would be the best way to troubleshoot this? One thing though.  This happened right after one of my team members returned from an expedition to a military base and found a railgun.  Shortly after that the UI disappeared.   Thanks for your help.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

RawCode

I just called my family orakul, sadly, he gone vacation till 2021, can you please provide game log?

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: RawCode on September 18, 2016, 03:09:23 AM
I just called my family orakul, sadly, he gone vacation till 2021, can you please provide game log?
Aw hey look it's RawCode being a dick, again.

What he's trying to say is; "Hey man, we could provide much better assistance if you provided us your output_log.txt file!"

asquirrel

Hi Folks,
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but no luck with that.  I started up a new game and am still running into the issue of the screen locking up when I start rolling new characters after a random amount of time.  Sometimes after a minute and other times longer.  I'm attaching a copy of the output_log file and the screenshot.  Note - had to compress the files in a .7zip format because the maximum attachment size is 600kb and my output_log file was 7mb.
If you need a list of all my mods that I'm running let me know and I can send you screenshot. Thanks for whatever help you can provide! :)

Master Bucketsmith

When you uninstalled, did you check if there were any remaining files?

Did you install the Misc. CORE mod and did you load it before(higher on the list than) Misc Incidents?

Could you provide a modlist?

skullywag

One of the detours is cocking everything else up it seems, whatever the hell RW_Herzblatt is, is most probably the cause, id see if you have more then 1 mod detouring the same method or anything.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Master Bucketsmith

asquirrel

Here's the mods that I have running.  Screenshots attached in groups of two because that's all I can upload with the 600kb limit.  I am going to try to disable the herzblat mod (the one that doesn't affect pawns reactions if you're ugly).  If it works I'll let you know in a few minutes while I attempt to re-roll some new characters. 

asquirrel

pgs three and four of my mods

asquirrel

pg 5 of my mods.

One thing is the medical tab.  I downloaded the latest one from Fluffy but it's still showing as incompatible.  This is the name of the .rar file that I used:
FluffierThanThou-RW_MedicalInfo-0.15.0.1-0-g62a1705.zip

I also wanted to use the pawn state icons but that also throws an error.  Here's the name of that file (I removed it from my mods because it crashed the game and disabled all the mods).

RW_PawnStateIcons_0.14.3

I found it at this post:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20771.msg228263#msg228263

and grabbed it from here:

https://github.com/Killface1980/RW_PawnStateIcons/releases/tag/0.14.3

I'd really like to use that mod again.  It rocked. :)  Thanks again folks for your help and for the mods.   They put the chips in an otherwise vanilla game. :)

asquirrel

Still freezing up during character generation.  I added some new mods but removed all the hair and body texture mods because I thought that might be the cause. Also disabled the herzblat mod.  I've attached the new log file.

"When you uninstalled, did you check if there were any remaining files?"

I deleted core and then cut out all the mods and put them on my desktop.  Then I reinstalled the game and then pasted the mods back into the mods directory.  I then made sure to the best of my ability that all the mods were loading in the right order.

"Also, Verify Start is having issues?"
I checked my mods and disabled then removed Verify Start even though it was working fine.

"Did you install the Misc. CORE mod and did you load it before(higher on the list than) Misc Incidents?"
Misc CORE was loaded higher up in the list than Misc Incidents and all the other Misc mods.

RawCode

Quote from: Master Bucketsmith on September 18, 2016, 10:23:52 AM
Quote from: RawCode on September 18, 2016, 03:09:23 AM
Aw hey look it's RawCode being a dick, again.

What he's trying to say is; "Hey man, we could provide much better assistance if you provided us your output_log.txt file!"
it's my constant state.

latest log is about "one of mods wipe "startingPawns" list", why and how is separate question that cannot be solved without debug build of game.

Master Bucketsmith

Woot, I made it onto someone's modlist!

You seem to have Miniaturisation installed and loaded twice. It might be part of the problem, or a second problem.
I'm not sure which version that is, but you're better off using Miniaturisation Overloaded, which has an easily customized list of what furniture of what mod it should make minifiable. :)

Verify Start might seem to be running fine but it is mentioned in your first output log.
When two (or more) mods conflict it's not always a case of 'it's mod X's fault!' or 'mod Y should apply fix A'. Sometimes they just modify similar things and then that ends up breaking the game, right.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at UI/Widgets/DesButBG_grey in any active mod or in base resources.
This comes from Colonist Bar KF. This is a missing texture error, I don't know how much damage that can do.
I think this is one of the mods having a conflict with another, though.

Quote from: RawCode on September 20, 2016, 03:11:33 AM
it's my constant state.
I agree.

Quote from: RawCode on September 20, 2016, 03:11:33 AMlatest log is about "one of mods wipe "startingPawns" list", why and how is separate question that cannot be solved without debug build of game.
Yep.

asquirrel

Thanks for your help folks.  I just deleted both instances of minuturization and installed miniturization overloaded.   It looked like I had an older version of it, plus another one with no thumbnail file.  So the one I'm running now is
Miniaturisation_0.15.3.0, which I grabbed from:

https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-Miniaturisation/releases/download/0.15.3.0/Miniaturisation_0.15.3.0.zip

I removed a few hair and texture mods.  One was Rimsenal_hair_07 and the other wase RW_FacialStuff-0.15.1.2.  It seemed to lag when I was clicking through my pawn selection.  I deleted some other ones last night though. 

Last night I ended up disabling half my mods, then click testing new character, then enabling half again.  Tested again.  Then enabled a bit more.  I clicked through for about three minutes straight and no lockups thus far.  Going to try an actual game later tonight. 

Going to head over to the miniaturization overloaded thread and see if someone would walk me through miniaturizing one of the things I can't seem to remove.  I can deconstruct a training table but can't miniaturize it.    Anyway, thanks again for all your help folks. :)

Master Bucketsmith