UI completly disappears after a while - heavily modded game

Started by asquirrel, September 17, 2016, 10:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

More or less.  Even after I disabled those mods it still locked up during character generation.  I then disabled Herzblatt again and was able to get through the generation process, which is strange because I had previously disabled it and it didn't do anything to stop the lock up before.

I was going to upload my output_log file now but it's 270 mb.  I did a search for Herzblatt though and it's not coming up in the file at all.  At least I'm in the game now.  I'll let you folks know if I still get the disappearing UI problem again. It happened fairly far into the game and I'm just starting out right now so I don't know if it's still there.

Master Bucketsmith

270mb! That's just a lot of repetition of the same errors, though.

asquirrel

Uh oh.  I guess it would be worse and not work at all.  I remember trying to load mods in Fallout New Vegas.  I had some serious problems working through those errors because instead of things disappearing the game would just crash. 

Dingo

When I was building the XML files for Hot Coffee's next update I ran into a bug where the UI would disappear and you had to quit by alt tabbing. The problem was one of my HeDiffs had 2 stages: one had a mood impact and one didn't. The one that didn't was shown in the Needs tab as a blank name with a grey "0" as the mood swing. Hovering over that need caused the lock.

I fixed it by setting <visible>false</visible> on the stage that had no effects. I don't know if any of your mods did or does that, or anything similar, but the game doesn't handle stuff like that very well.

asquirrel

Hi Dingo,

Thank for that info.  My UI disappearance appeared to happen randomly.  I'm wasn't clicking on tabs or anything.  I did click on some characters or objects in the game but that's it.  I didn't open any tabs or anything like that.  Well, I did remove some more mods so maybe that will help.  If I still get the UI disappearing act, I'm going to go through all my mods again and disable any that affect moods.   Off the top of my head I know I've got a few of those running.  Less Rebuff is one of them. Toughen up plus is another. I'll keep you folks posted.  Amazing game BTW.  I can remember a game that sucks up free time like black hole.  Or a Hoover. :D