[A17] Jamestec's Mods (export bills/stockpiles, replace walls, make bionics)

Started by Jamestec, September 17, 2016, 11:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerH

Hey , the new drill issue that taigenraine had is definitely mod conflict. I had the same. Error log showed no things def error.
Once I moved the  JTDrill5Eva to beginning of mod load order and restarted game the error was gone.
Pm me is you want to get the list of mods I use.

skullywag

Im helping someone with a crash they are having in the bug forums and while debugging we found that your mod doesnt have thingclass defined for the DeepDrill in your JTDrill5Eva, you have not defined a "buildingBase" in your mod, inheriting the abstract from core will not work correctly in every situation, to fix simply copy the buildingbase from core to your mod, see here for details:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Jamestec

Quote from: skullywag on October 04, 2016, 08:52:59 AM
Im helping someone with a crash they are having in the bug forums and while debugging we found that your mod doesnt have thingclass defined for the DeepDrill in your JTDrill5Eva, you have not defined a "buildingBase" in your mod, inheriting the abstract from core will not work correctly in every situation, to fix simply copy the buildingbase from core to your mod, see here for details:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0

Thanks for posting that, I never would have thought that would be the problem. Threads like that should be stickied.

Why does it work sometimes though?

Also, will edit this post when all my mods updated. JTDrill5Eva won't override DeepDrill def anymore, use this mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22763.0
to have the same effect.

Edit: updated all my mods to now have abstract stuff. Steam workshop will automagically update, if you got it from Onedrive, you only have to update if you have problems.

Dingo

It kind of works because the assembly defaults unknown defs to a predetermined value, but for some defs it's not as straightforward.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Jamestec on October 12, 2016, 05:00:36 AM
New mod JTCopyBills; copy bills from production tables.
I've been wanting this, thank u ever so much. I love mods that cut down on tedium and frustration.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

14m1337

Quote from: Jamestec on October 12, 2016, 05:00:36 AM
New mod JTCopyBills; copy bills from production tables.

I proudly award you the medal "Hero of the Day" !
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Jamestec

New mod JTReplaceWalls; no longer to do you have to deconstruct then construct to fireproof your walls.

Edit: small update to JTReplaceWalls - reduces reflection usage when not required. Updating not necessary unless you already play RimWorld at 5 fps and want them extra frames.

erdelf

Hey Jamestec,
since you are already reading in the discord server,
you could tell us your name and we would give you a modder rank there.

Dingo

ReplaceWalls & CopyBills are must-haves if they work without bugs. Should be in the base game.

Thank you!

Edit: just a thought, is it possible to update ReplaceWalls so you can designate walls on top of rocks? ex. Designate walls to be built on a row of raw marble -> marble is marked for mining -> marble is mined -> wall is built according to designation.

Jamestec

Quote from: erdelf on October 13, 2016, 10:29:27 AM
Hey Jamestec,
I don't know any discord server thingy.

Quote from: Dingo on October 13, 2016, 08:44:41 PM
Edit: just a thought, is it possible to update ReplaceWalls so you can designate walls on top of rocks? ex. Designate walls to be built on a row of raw marble -> marble is marked for mining -> marble is mined -> wall is built according to designation.
I'll look into it, probably take some time.

Also, updated JTReplaceWalls to also be able to replace doors in a similar manner.

erdelf

Quote from: Jamestec on October 14, 2016, 10:28:44 AM
Hey Jamestec,
oh.. sure, is that why the wall replacer is the third (or arguably the fourth) mod you made from the ideas mentioned there only two or three days after they get mentioned ? Come on.

onebit

zmadz

Quote from: onebit on October 14, 2016, 04:14:28 PM
JTReplaceWalls is awesome  ;D

didn't britnoth already had a mod that replaces walls as a wip doe

DarkSlayerEX

Quote from: erdelf on October 14, 2016, 03:15:43 PM
Quote from: Jamestec on October 14, 2016, 10:28:44 AM
Hey Jamestec,
oh.. sure, is that why the wall replacer is the third (or arguably the fourth) mod you made from the ideas mentioned there only two or three days after they get mentioned ? Come on.

I agree... Erdelf and I were talking indepth over the last few days on discord, regarding the mechanics on our own replacewall mod. the day Erdelf finished his mod, this one popped up pretty much at the same time. Now I know the code is different, but if you're going to be taking ideas from the rest of us without our knowledge, at least give us some credit... As it stands now, your timing on this seems a bit fishy. We may be wrong about this, but it's still way too "coincidental" for this to actually be a coincidence..

This isn't intended to be a hostile post, but it's one of concern.